• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Yellow bhut.

jolokia_jas said:
Looking good MH, I can only only hope my plants look half that good when they grow. Keep them pics coming. Hope all turns out well.
Thanks JJ i'm sure you will have just as much success as im having. The next pics to come will be when they change colour

patrick said:
Got my fingers crossed they turn yellow for you 'hatter. Thanks for keeping us in the know.
Thank Patrick well plant #1 has had a colour change and its the right colour. A couple of pods turned yellow. So good on that one anyways even if its not the one we are really hoping for. Plant # 2 should be within the next couple of weeks i hope.

cheers folks

Yann

madhatter said:
Thanks JJ i'm sure you will have just as much success as im having. The next pics to come will be when they change colour

Thank Patrick well plant #1 has had a colour change and its the right colour. A couple of pods turned yellow. So good on that one anyways even if its not the one we are really hoping for. Plant # 2 should be within the next couple of weeks i hope.

cheers folks

Yann

Excellent! Pics soon?

Hello all!! Since the last week. A couple of pods from plant #1 changed colour to yellow. Will have to taste soon to see how hot this one is. Still waiting on plant two.
Here are a couple pics of the pods.
4576752012_c4dd5cbbc1_o.jpg
4576752016_e8b46f3096_o.jpg

At least it is yellow. Hopefully it has the heat too. They are some beautiful pods. Keep us updated, especially since mine are starting to bud.

jacob

Hey Yann, My seeds are in the ground now along with the other varieties I got from you.
I would have planted them sooner but was busy enough with all the plants I had along with work.
I'm very interested in the yellow bhut and scorpions. I seem to have a facination with yellow peppers, they are my favorite.
By the way, when you taste one for heat I hope it doesent end up like my red savina :lol:

Edit: Forgot to ask you. Do they have a papery texture like regular bhut's have?

That's great that they turned yellow! Congrats hatter. The pods on plant 2 look very different though...it will be interesting to read your comparisons on heat and taste between the two and compare to a regular Bhut. This has me all kinds of excited.

And you are growing it in the house! NICE!!! I want to eat those pods!!! I want to grow those pods!!! LOL I want MY pepper plants to do that well. Maybe I need to keep a couple in the house and see if the cat will it alone.

JungleRain said:
lookin gooooood, have you tasted them yet?
Yep i tasted them today JR. The taste is almost identical to a fatalii(very citrusy). The heat was hot but not as a bhut. Kind of on the mild side of a fatalii heat range. I have a feeling Plant 2 will be different. Oh well. Nice tasting pepper though.

Matt50680 said:
And you are growing it in the house! NICE!!! I want to eat those pods!!! I want to grow those pods!!! LOL I want MY pepper plants to do that well. Maybe I need to keep a couple in the house and see if the cat will it alone.
I grow a couple in the house every year because of our short growing season. No bugs,wind just keep it happy. This year however i went a little overboard.LOL. Cant hardly see out my windows.

Burning Colon said:
Good job, those plants look really nice ............ the pods look okay too! (Wish it were me)
Thanks BC. This first plant grows very well and produces well. Plant 2 however is just insane. I stopped counting pods. I'll start taking count when i harvest them.

Oh well. Hopefully plant 2 will give a better line to segregate from as it is obviously not a mutation.;)

jacob

Back