• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Yellow ghosts at night !

IMG_20120621_213314.jpg
check out this yellow masked ghost that show up at my house tonight !

IMG_20120621_213254.jpg
Heres a close up

OMG !!! Scary it is the Grim reaper!! Kinda like a skull ..Awesome!!!.
Is that from you pepper garden?? .. Wow I am have to learn more about all theae types of peppers ..

My yellow bhuts are on the smooth side as well. Genetics came from Mr. Duffy so I trust they are right. I thought they were originally a bhut x fatali which would explain where the smoothness came from. Mine definitely taste like a bhut. I will try to throw up some pictures tonight if I can remember.

Yeah, these things are still extremely variable, I had some that looked like those in the pics last year too.

If you get a good Yellow Bhut, hold on to it or better yet, share that seed... I shared some seed of a good phenotype from last season:

P1170124.jpg

This is my first year growing yellow bhuts , but they do look pretty smooth , but others one the same plant are more on the wrinckly side .

My yellow bhuts are on the smooth side as well. Genetics came from Mr. Duffy so I trust they are right. I thought they were originally a bhut x fatali which would explain where the smoothness came from. Mine definitely taste like a bhut. I will try to throw up some pictures tonight if I can remember.
would love to see the pics.

I checked out his seeds just now. The pics on the website only show a few species that look true to the signature pod. For instance, his yellow trin scorps look more like real scorps than his "real ones". I guess it really doesn't matter, if you grow what you like. Its all about grower preference. There's just that original seed that you know you've got, when you got it. Selective growing is how I go about it. I ever come across pods that don't grow uniform, or similar to what Im used to, I don't harvest them for germination or give them away as "x" name. Ya know?

I checked out his seeds just now. The pics on the website only show a few species that look true to the signature pod. For instance, his yellow trin scorps look more like real scorps than his "real ones". I guess it really doesn't matter, if you grow what you like. Its all about grower preference. There's just that original seed that you know you've got, when you got it. Selective growing is how I go about it. I ever come across pods that don't grow uniform, or similar to what Im used to, I don't harvest them for germination or give them away as "x" name. Ya know?

I totally agree. This is my first year with yellow ghosts so they will definitely undergo selection like my red bhuts have.

I finally got some time to take some pictures. Here is a pretty good representation of what my yellows look like.

photo1 by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

photo2 by GhostPepperStore.com, on Flickr

I know .. I am so new to this .. but all three of the pictures .. none look the same ..
The one Tex posted looks like a ghost .. the other two have some similar shape
( (.. however I am so so new to this but they all look amazing and HOT ! ))
What caught my eye was the peppers resemble a ghost ... Lol
Silly me .. is that why the ghost reference ..
~ Sassyhott

Back