• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Your Bucket List (whats on it)

That is a lot of really great adventures or dreams, and I can relate to just about everyone of them too.

The better half is planning a family vacation sometime in the next couple of years. Possibly to the Caribbean. when I am not soaking up the sun and the alcohol, I will be diving and fishing. "I'll be back up in 20 minutes, have another tank ready!"

Proud Marine Dad said:
Fly in the backseat of an F-15E Strike Eagle! OK not possible. :lol:
Go to Ireland and Holland.
It is possible, you just have to find someone who owns one( demilitarized of course). I have a similar item but Mine would be in an A-10.

Do a few open mic nights for comedy. I'm not interested in becoming a comedian but I love it and writing jokes, and making a room full of people laugh is an amazing feeling I've experienced a couple times and I want to again.

Create my own breed of something. I started to with guppies for a while but realized it would be too expensive and I didn't feel comfortable killing so many of the extra fish the breeding creates. I am going to definitely try this with peppers though..

I had to sell my most prized possession a few years ago because of financial problems, a 5.0 mustang. I would like to get another one and fix it up how I had dreamed about since I was in high school.

Went sea fishing a couple years ago and wish we could've gone on a more private boat. So many people makes lines tangle everytime a fish is hooked! Still a great experience either way.

HP22BH said:
It is possible, you just have to find someone who owns one( demilitarized of course). I have a similar item but Mine would be in an A-10.
No it's not possible as they do not sell military aircraft to civilians. They are under contract with the USAF only here.
Reporters get to fly in them though so that's BS! :lol:

Another thing I want to do is get my pilot's license, I have the Microsoft Flight simulator and a joystick I found years ago at a yardsale and could spend hours just gliding along at 10,000 ft...  

In south africa I spent some time with the South African Special Task Force, we went up in an old Porter so that they could practice skydiving (which I almost got to do as well, but that's another story)  after they had all bailed and it was just me and the pilot, he gave me the controls and had me do some maneuvers, including a nose dive (unfortunately I couldn't do a barrel roll lest I felt like jumping out to reattach the wings after the roll tore them off lol!).  What an incredible experience!

Proud Marine Dad said:
No it's not possible as they do not sell military aircraft to civilians. They are under contract with the USAF only here.
Reporters get to fly in them though so that's BS! :lol:
Maybe not this exact second, but everything has a price tag complete with hoops and favors.

Back seat ride in a F5 ....they have 2 seaters in Yuma,AZ...they are normally single seaters....

Secondly , complete an ironman....

Proud Marine Dad said:
Fly in the backseat of an F-15E Strike Eagle! OK not possible. :lol:
Go to Ireland and Holland.

man, why you wanna fly in that old jalopy...if you're gonna do it, fly in one of the STOVL F-35s that are coming out there..

my major thing is to catch a giant black marlin off the great barrier reef...I have caught sharks up to 13' 6" long, and a 17' 6" saw fish, but just the power the giant black marlin has is mind boggling to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucoazPBlufE

Visit Japan with my son.

081514202721_zps6481e363.jpg

We had a father son night last night and went out for Ramen. He asked so many questions about my time in Japan. Taking him and showing him arouund would be a dream come true.

AlabamaJack said:

man, why you wanna fly in that old jalopy...if you're gonna do it, fly in one of the STOVL F-35s that are coming out there..

It has been my favorite modern aircraft for a long time and it still rules the sky for it's purpose. ;)

my major thing is to catch a giant black marlin off the great barrier reef...I have caught sharks up to 13' 6" long, and a 17' 6" saw fish, but just the power the giant black marlin has is mind boggling to me...

How about giant Yellowfin Tuna off the coast of Cabo San Lucas without a fighting chair? I hear that is the toughest fishing period.
Stand up fighting a 300 lb+ Tuna is not fishing, it's battle.

Back