• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Your Bucket List (whats on it)

Proud Marine Dad said:
It has been my favorite modern aircraft for a long time and it still rules the sky for it's purpose. ;)

that's cool PMD...I am just partial to the F-35 because I was one of the first 20 engineers on the program in 1993)

How about giant Yellowfin Tuna off the coast of Cabo San Lucas without a fighting chair? I hear that is the toughest fishing period.
Stand up fighting a 300 lb+ Tuna is not fishing, it's battle.

yup..to be honest with you...I probably wouldn't fight it all the way...too old and wore out too...but my cousin and his son can take up my slack - trip is probably in the works within  a 2-3 year time frame)

AlabamaJack said:
that's cool PMD...I am just partial to the F-35 because I was one of the first 20 engineers on the program in 1993)[/color]
Sorry but that plane is a POS ... nothing personal AJ....:)

sp33d said:
Sorry but that plane is a POS ... nothing personal AJ.... :)
   this is a "bucket list" thread.

you cant rag on someones bucket list. :rofl:

treadmill-fail-into-weights.gif

sicman said:
this is a "bucket list" thread.

you cant rag on someones bucket list. :rofl:

treadmill-fail-into-weights.gif
I didn't bust on his bucket list, his was catching a marlin..he just commented on the F35... I would never do such a thing...;)

AlabamaJack said:

It has been my favorite modern aircraft for a long time and it still rules the sky for it's purpose. ;)

that's cool PMD...I am just partial to the F-35 because I was one of the first 20 engineers on the program in 1993)

Awesome Jack! I have been an aircraft nut since I was a kid. We should talk planes sometime. :cheers:

muskymojo said:
Catch a 60" musky.
ive seen a 45 inch musky come out of the st lawrence river.  and holy crap it was huge. ive caught a 30 inch pike, that was one hell of a fight i could only imagine a 60 inch musky whoooo hoooo lol

magicpepper said:
ive seen a 45 inch musky come out of the st lawrence river.  and holy crap it was huge. ive caught a 30 inch pike, that was one hell of a fight i could only imagine a 60 inch musky whoooo hoooo lol
You guys are lucky as we don't have either of those in this state.
We have the largest overall Largemouth Bass in the world but no Pike or Musky either.

Proud Marine Dad said:
You guys are lucky as we don't have either of those in this state.
We have the largest overall Largemouth Bass in the world but no Pike or Musky either.
largest largemouth bass?    hmmmmm i need to come see this lol. biggest one i have caught here was 8 lbs, the bait shop guy told me about an american who had caught a 10 lbs large mouth in the lake near my house. but i dont know lol    ive seen huge football shaped large mouths in mexico, i was watching bob izumi or some other fishing show and they were in mexico catching these huge bass like 11 to 14 lbs   that would be fun.    i want to get a boat and get out on lake ontario and catch some of the huge walleye in there wooo lol

magicpepper said:
largest largemouth bass?    hmmmmm i need to come see this lol. biggest one i have caught here was 8 lbs, the bait shop guy told me about an american who had caught a 10 lbs large mouth in the lake near my house. but i dont know lol    ive seen huge football shaped large mouths in mexico, i was watching bob izumi or some other fishing show and they were in mexico catching these huge bass like 11 to 14 lbs   that would be fun.    i want to get a boat and get out on lake ontario and catch some of the huge walleye in there wooo lol
20 lbers are not that uncommon in the San Diego area of CA. I believe they have the second largest ever at 21 lbs and something. Huge!I have a 19' Champion bass boat.

Proud Marine Dad said:
No it's not possible as they do not sell military aircraft to civilians. They are under contract with the USAF only here.
Reporters get to fly in them though so that's BS! :lol:
Become a reporter.

I wanna waterski of the back of an F-15. It'll kill me, but that's why it's on my bucket list.

AlabamaJack said:

While I might not have been on the committee who designed them, I did get to tour the Volvo/GKN Aerospace factory where they make the engine parts. Saw some stuff that you can't find Google images of. 

Edit: Most of them where Boeing Airbus casings. They still didn't let any pictures get taken in case we found F-35 parts in the background, plus Pratt&Whitney wouldn't be very happy with us for letting people know how to make an Airbus. Or a fighter jet engine side piece.

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Something along these lines is what's on the big get away list....been to Indo/Bali but now need to of this!

dfaefb_d86e960d8e8cbfae747c9606bb13b56b.jpg
Been there done that, incredible place..it something you would never forget or want to leave ...

Back