• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Your latest flavor combo

I marinated some asparagus in creole butter, then grilled it. The flavor was really great. I also marinated a salmon fillet in Yosida's and then grilled it. That was another great flavor find. What have you come up with while trying something new?

I had several gallons of red pale ale go flat after I found out a had a leak in my keg pump so I now use the beer to brine and marinade. I found that cedar plank salmon taste great if the planks are soaked in the beer instead of regular water. I also found that I prefer to top it off with cilantro / saffron butter instead of dill butter.

Curry burgers are my favorite way to do a burger now. Take a good amount of yellow curry powder (Indian) and mix it with ground chuck. The burgers have a cool dark yellow tint to them, even after cooking. Grill them up, serve on a soft white hamburger bun, and yes, with ketchup (organic or homemade, so don't give me no sh*t lol). Trust me on this one. Something about the juicy burger, with curry and ketchup.

You can also get fancy and do these with a tamarind glaze.

Serve with curry fries and mango slaw.

:)

Curry burgers are my favorite way to do a burger now. Take a good amount of yellow curry powder (Indian) and mix it with ground chuck. The burgers have a cool dark yellow tint to them, even after cooking. Grill them up, serve on a soft white hamburger bun, and yes, with ketchup (organic or homemade, so don't give me no sh*t lol). Trust me on this one. Something about the juicy burger, with curry and ketchup.

You can also get fancy and do these with a tamarind glaze.

Serve with curry fries and mango slaw.

:)

tsk. tsk. tsk. Dan, you of all people wrote the book and know all too well the rules. Where's teh pics? No posty and I may have to challenge you to another burger t-down this summer. Not like that's a bad 'thang.

Booo this isn't one of your famous piccy topics, this is just a discussion.

But I will take you up on that challenge and put my curry burger up against your salmon/cheese sauce/bacon/chimichanga burger. You know that's yours. Don't lie.

Booo this isn't one of your famous piccy topics, this is just a discussion.

But I will take you up on that challenge and put my curry burger up against your salmon/cheese sauce/bacon/chimichanga burger. You know that's yours. Don't lie.

You know me all too well but I got something new for ya'. Give it a few throwdowns for the folks and then we'll bring it. I got something nobodies ever seen!

Please tell me you brought the UDS to TX.

Okay back to flavor combos now.

Please tell me you brought the UDS to TX.

Okay back to flavor combos now.

Yessir I did. I would have sold my kids to the guv'ment for scientific experiments before parting with my UDS.

And yes, back on topic. I'm a big fan of blue cheese but its getting old and passe'. I'm sorta' hip to curry but I could also dig flavor's heavy on onion such as a Mongolian Beef style burger. On that note...a spicy Hunan burger would be killin'!

I'd have to say I love currie and that currie burger does sound great.. I'll have to make one next time I put burgers on the grill!

Old pics
http://www.thehotpepper.com/topic/11281-curry-burgers-and-chili-lime-corn

Back