• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Your Username

My username translates to "eight, five" and represents a couple things. One is my Mexican heritage. Second is the fact that I am a Cincinnati Bengals fan. Chad Ocho Cinco was one of my favorite players. 

Mine is because I'm ususaly a pretty happy guy and 697 is the prefix of the parents phone number growing up. Example 1-999-(697)-9999

Oh and the next person to find a post of mine that has a smiley in it wins. Lol...

Scratch is a nickname I accidentally gave myself. When I was 19, I went to a party and had too much to drink. I smile away to pee in some bushes, which happened to be blackberry. I tore myself up pretty bad. Upon returning, a friend noticed the many scratches from the bushes, and commented on such. "I am scratch" was my reply. The name stuck, I became "Scratch". "Scratchzila" is the gist reptile version of me.

MeatHead1313 was something that just popped into my head while trying to set up my PSN name. I'd never had one before, and my wife was pushing me to make up something. Meathead popped into my head for some reason (probably cos I like to act like one), and 13 is my favourite number. 

Mine's from a polyeurathane leather jacket I had in high school. It started peeling and had a vaguely reptilian undercoat so I became Salgar of the Polyester People. Used to write stories of salgar's hilarious (you haven't even read them, how do you know they weren't hilarious?) adventures. The 08 is because I set up a yahoo account, forgot about it then tried to make another one and figured I'd skip 1 thru 7 to save time

My name is a usual screenname that came from a random creature I had to invent for 6th grade. It's my only screenname that doesn't get me looked at funny (I.E Genocidicles)

Done some stupid things when younger.
"Boy, you got a pair of rocks" was one comment---it stuck.
Older and slightly smarter, I have moved rocks for 25 years, so I still "got rocks".

Bump this... I have always found explanations of peoples usernames very interesting.. Ill start...

Unlike many "tough guys" that come from NJ that wanna call themselves Jersey Devil for kicks, i feel i have a true claim to and always have...

My real name is Jason Ur.. Been called J-UR (Jay "IR"as in bird) my whole life... On paper it was simply a matter of adding the Z and sliding the "-" over to get JUR-Z...

Besides that anytime not in NJ the local people would call me Jersey...

At 16 i got my first tattoo.. It is a tatto of two devils f**king... we now have the devil part... my call sign when beepers were a thing was always 666 again the devil...

And last but not least to bring it all together, this march 23rd it will be 300 years to the day my first relative was born on NJ soil... before we were even a country in 1717 i can trace my maternal bloodline back (which to me is the only bloodline that counts not only on an emotional level but also scientific level with mitochondrial DNA)... My blood has lived bled and died on nj soil for centuries... I am New Jersey... It all just folded together on its own... JUR-Z Devil...

and my other nickname is self explanatory J-Sinner... thats exactly how you pronounce my real name...

NEXT!!!

President Trump said:
My username translates to "eight, five" and represents a couple things. One is my Mexican heritage. Second is the fact that I am a Cincinnati Bengals fan. Chad Ocho Cinco was one of my favorite players. 

wait... i dont know what your original username was but now its president trump... and you say you are mexican in heritage...

Now i am not asking your political beliefs or disagreeing or agreeing... to each their own... But after reading that I am not sure if your username is suppose to be ironic or genuine? either way im fine with, i just dint expect to read  "my mexican heritage" under a screen name President trump...

again, no debating, no right and wrong, just trying to understand the username with this new information...

trump_taco_bowl.jpg

Thegreenchilemonster said:
As a young kid in New Mexico my dad used to tell me bedtime stories about the green chile monster, and the hero was always a glass of milk that came to save the day. There were so many variations of this bedtime story that he made up as he went, but the villain was always the green chile monster. The name kind of stuck. He was a great story teller.

That's really cool.

Mine stems from my gardenweb profile that I made when I first got into chile peppers about ten years ago now.  The name tomato was already taken.  Then I lurked around here for a few years learning everything I could about chilies.  The community seemed really great so I figured would join.   The rest is history.   

Back