• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Passow’s (Iggy) Grow Log 7-16-2009 – MASSIVE Pictures

Passow’s (Iggy) Grow Log 7-16-2009 – MASSIVE Pictures

Time for a MASSIVE picture update of my growing operation this year for your all enjoyment. Things are growing amazingly this year at Passow’s Plantation. So, comments, questions, donations are welcome and encouraged!! The bottle in the shots are for size comparison)

Container peppers in the shade (L to right: Passow Piqrano, Ring of Fire Cayenne, Piquin, Bhut Jolokia (seeds taken from a 10 year old plant in India):
containershade3.jpg

The Main Pepper patch:
containermain5.jpg

What the Pepper Patch Consists of (left to right: Tiny Purple (unkown type), Datil (from Luckydog), Jalapeno, Red Savina, Big Piquin, Chocolate Habanero, Aji Lemon)
containermain3.jpg

What the Pepper Patch Consists of (left to right: TO Black Dragon Coleus, Super Datil (thanks AJ), Unkown Red (maybe a Firecracker), Scotch Bonnet Burkina, Fatalii, Thai(?))
containermain4.jpg

Rocoto/Manzano:
rocoto.jpg

Grape Tomato plant with Sugar Snap peas next to it:
tomato.jpg

Topsy Turvy Wild Brazil pepper
upsidedown6.jpg

2 of my 3 Ground Cherry plants:
groundcherry.jpg

lee said:
Nice update man, good looking plants. How tall does that hop plant get?
Thanks, lee! The hop can get to about 30 feet, it's already at about 20 feet and the season still has about another 3 months left.
LGHT said:
Very impressive garden. Every plant has perfect leafs, color, and are huge!!

Thanks dude. I'm having trouble with my Wild Brazil though, it's setting out MASSIVE amounts of flower but not one is pollenating, in fact, I think it's not even producing pollen!

Nice compilation, thanks. There was an instructible about the upside down growing method, and I assume the top is open for you to water... Anyway what happened is the roots grew down (up) and once they reached the top of the container they saw light and leaves started forming... A double sided plant, absoultely awesome.
Thanks for the pics

Plants look gret Passow! I love the wild dagga! Awesome flowering action, don't forget to save those flowers!

And the ground cherries you'll love. Wanna have about a million of them next year? Let a bunch of fruit drop to the ground and rot. Then just till up the soil a little next spring and they'll come up in droves with the first rains of the season. I let some tomatillos drop last year, and I now have counted 20 or so volunteers.

That manzano has me really jealous too. I've tried varying degrees of sun/shade with mine and it seems they're either too hot and won't flower, or there's not enough light and they just won't take off vegitatively like I want them to.

Excellent work!

FiveStar said:
Plants look gret Passow! I love the wild dagga! Awesome flowering action, don't forget to save those flowers!

And the ground cherries you'll love. Wanna have about a million of them next year? Let a bunch of fruit drop to the ground and rot. Then just till up the soil a little next spring and they'll come up in droves with the first rains of the season. I let some tomatillos drop last year, and I now have counted 20 or so volunteers.

That manzano has me really jealous too. I've tried varying degrees of sun/shade with mine and it seems they're either too hot and won't flower, or there's not enough light and they just won't take off vegitatively like I want them to.

Excellent work!

Thanks 5*, I'm really looking foward to the ground cherries, never had them before. Maybe I'll make a fruit beer with them if I have enough. The Manzano has a bunch of flowers but no pods yet.

I had to Google the wild dagga because I had no idea what it was used for. Now I know it can be used to treat irregular menstrual cycles;)

Also nice that you aren't afraid to be in the pictures yourself. Seriously! Most of us (including me) don't want to show our faces on the internet for whatever reason.

MrArboc said:
I had to Google the wild dagga because I had no idea what it was used for. Now I know it can be used to treat irregular menstrual cycles;)

Ya....it's been an off few months in that area, need to get regular again.... :lol:

MrArboc said:
Also nice that you aren't afraid to be in the pictures yourself. Seriously! Most of us (including me) don't want to show our faces on the internet for whatever reason.
I'm a whore for a photo opertunity. :lol:

LUCKYDOG said:
Are the regular Datils still alive? or are they in on of your many Guerrilla Gardens

They are still alive, and are in the second row picture (I believe). I left my list at home so when I get there I'll post it.

IGGY, is there a market for hops on the local level? I have wanted to grow them for the last couple of years but i have no use for them I just like the way they grow/look. Nice plants by the way, I particularly like the Manzano. My Manzano is really going good this year maybe because I rub my finger in the buds when they open (Don't go there Iggy). Right now it has 27 pods and a ton of buds. How do you know what type of hopps to grow and where do you get whatever it is you start yours with?

thepodpiper said:
IGGY, is there a market for hops on the local level? I have wanted to grow them for the last couple of years but i have no use for them I just like the way they grow/look. Nice plants by the way, I particularly like the Manzano. My Manzano is really going good this year maybe because I rub my finger in the buds when they open (Don't go there Iggy). Right now it has 27 pods and a ton of buds. How do you know what type of hopps to grow and where do you get whatever it is you start yours with?

Hops are a big market but it's also a big investment if you want to seriously grow them for sale.....and i can't resist this, but aren't you a little too old to be rubbing such young little buds? :lol:

I got my hop rhizoms from the local brewery that was getting rid of theirs. I grow what I could get for free :lol:

Back