• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

I'm old emough to remember when...

I'll start. I am old enough to remember when... gas was less than a $, TV was three channels and a set of bunny ears, and people knew all their neighbors.

Im old enough to have enjoyed corporal punishment at school. That and i can remember when the corner store sold lollies (candy) by the cent.

Frank's Red Hot was da bomb. :hell:

when you had to listen for the various morse code ring of your wired rotary phone to tell if it was for you(rural party line), then listen to hear if any of your neighbours were eaves dropping.

or when a computer filled a room and required a coolant to keep it from overheating.

.........a fax machine?

when you had to tranverse between hexadecimal and binary to be able to program a computer.

78 rpm vinyl records.

You had to dial in for internet and normally got a busy signal around 5pm....

And to add with RS67Man- when cartoons were all Warner Brother cartoons. Now you can't even find that on Basic TV....

That and i can remember when the corner store sold lollies (candy) by the cent.
and 50c would buy you what felt like a kilo sack! (at least compared to today standards! :lol:)

Heck, you could take your 50c to corner store, buy a big sack of lollies and still have change to play a couple rounds of of pinball, Fatal Fury or Raiden.

and 50c would buy you what felt like a kilo sack! (at least compared to today standards! :lol:)

Heck, you could take your 50c to corner store, buy a big sack of lollies and still have change to play a couple rounds of of pinball, Fatal Fury or Raiden.
http://www.raidengame.com/

Relive your youth! :lol:

You had to dial in for internet and normally got a busy signal around 5pm...
Yes! :rofl:

Does anyone remember Bulletin Boards and when modems only ran at BPS? (You know, sorta the "old" internet....?)

vintagechick.preview.jpg

Back