• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest BATTLE ROYALE SUCCESS!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
CONGRATS TO ALL!!

The BATTLE ROYALE is over folks! Pat yourselves on the back! 15 battles were successful! One was not, a no show, according to the rules, there is no automatic winner (it must be a fair fight) but there is a 6 month penalty unfortunately. Fair is fair, zdecker was left hanging with a bill and no chance.

Onto the more positive news. 15 battles that were amazing!

Now, your homework: Please look through all 15 (they are pinned here: http://www.thehotpepper.com/forum/111-throwdowns/) and write down your chosen winner for each battle. This will make voting easier, it will be one large poll with 15 options, so you have to have a winner chosen for each. The final post is what matters, and all the info is there, but you can also look at each from start to finish, as there are some really good process pics.

The poll will be up soon but please do your homework first! :D

Thanks

EDIT: 16 battles now. JayT is on with a vote penalty.

Would it be best for participants to not vote in their own throwdowns? I never like to vote for myself but if there's only 2 entries.....

This has been a wonderful TD - sad to see it's over. Maybe this should be an annual event. Congrats to everyone for a TD well done!

This has been a wonderful TD - sad to see it's over. Maybe this should be an annual event. Congrats to everyone for a TD well done!

An annual event would be fun, if the Boss is up for it. Just that year's winners though, not everyone from the start again.

WOW! What a month! Wonderful food from everyone, everyone took a lot of thought and care for their entries and it showed. And a major Hat's Off to Coach. Well Done, my friend. :clap:

Thanks SL, it was a blast! :onfire:

You did the entry I had wanted to do... and am in awe of how hungry your food pics made me. Very well done Ma'am! :woohoo:

I had fresh live crawfish and shrimp lined up, but it definantly wouldn't have been fun cookin' in this 100deg+ weather right now.

Congrats to all... everyone brought their "A game" to the table, and the recipies were remarkable. :dance:

I totally agree, this would make a great annual event!

I loved it. I only wish I hadn't tried two in one weekend.... But I think I put some edible food on the table.

Congrats to all. This vote is going to be tough!

I thouroughly enjoyed this TD format, even with the less than desirable outcome of my TD. Hope everything is ok on that end. Everyones creations looked great.

Oh well, there is always July's TD! :dance:

I thouroughly enjoyed this TD format, even with the less than desirable outcome of my TD. Hope everything is ok on that end. Everyones creations looked great.

Oh well, there is always July's TD! :dance:
You had a great entry dude... very nice work! :dance:

Would it be best for participants to not vote in their own throwdowns? I never like to vote for myself but if there's only 2 entries.....
Since you will be forced to vote in your own, one on one, I would hope you would vote for yourself in this one. Choosing your only competitor does not seem wise. You'll also be voting on all the others, and everyone will be forced to vote for theirs so it only seems fair.

Since you will be forced to vote in your own, one on one, I would hope you would vote for yourself in this one. Choosing your only competitor does not seem wise. You'll also be voting on all the others, and everyone will be forced to vote for theirs so it only seems fair.

I suppose that makes sense. If everyone did it, it will cancel themselves out.

Finally had a little time to get on. God Bless Texas, I'd of gotten my ass kicked. Man that Cajun looked good.

Coach, I'm primarily working out of Abilene, but we have CA crews and equipment scattered from Alpine in the southwest to Mineral Wells to Witchita Falls to Amirillo to Midland so I'm putting on some miles.

talking to him on the phone now, he hasnt had internet since he got home last night, internet provider was down all evening and didnt come back on until right before he went to work this morning

got home at 10 so he had plenty of time to post the pictures, tried again at 11, and again at 12:15, and he couldnt get anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back