• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

contest VOTE! Pizza Throwdown

Who made the best pizza?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Who made the best pizza?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The fan favorite every year... PIZZA! Choose your favorite!

texas blue here too! Hey, goat cheese rocks, looks very natural, original and simpler than other entries. And i like thin pizza!
It has been a difficult and suffered choice, many close contenders. I don't see any weak entry!

To tell the truth, if PIC 1 had chose this one  he could have got my vote (even if i don't like how prosciutto was used). ;)

Came down to Essegi and Fitty and was incredibly close between the two.

Essegi's pizza was just eye popping and one that I would want all the time. 

I could almost taste the wonderful brininess from the olives and the salty spicy of the pepperoni.

Have mercy!

Fitty's on the other hand, with his frito pie spin is one that just pulls at my heart strings.

I am such a sucker for Tex-Mex.

Both are winners in my book.

So mad I missed this TD. Right in my wheelhouse and here I am, laid out with a cold and not eating dairy. :doh: 

Will have to take a look a bit later when food looks appetizing again. :(

Every single entry is worthy of a crown IMO, but it came down to TB and Essegi for me.

I'm a fan of thin and crispy crust, and TB's crust looked delicious. I also love goat cheese and roasted garlic, but in the end it was just a tiny bit too hippy for me. Some sort of meat would have put it over the top.

Essegi's pizza just looks awesome. I usually tend to vote for the most creative entries, but in this case the perfect execution of a more classic style won me over. And buffalo mozzarella? I've never tried it, but I need to. I would fold that thing in half like a taco and eat it like I was mad at it.

Going with the perfectly cooked pie that delivers on flavor and heat, and looks like a work of art...

Essegi!

Look at those colors! So often people forget how color plays into what we eat. Look at the bright purples and greens. Oh yeah I love Sicilian olives. You could have easily gone with black olives and white onions but nope. The reds, oranges, and whites of the sauce, meat and cheese. Buffa mozz? Sure win. The fresh green basil, not just garnish, rounds out the fresh flavors.

Love how the onions melted into that pie. I saw your trick. Marinate in olive oil etc. one hour. You didn't saute them you just let them marinate and break down. Man they really flattened out and melted into it, not one raised onion. Love that trick. Stealing it.

Garlic on the base. Naples pepperoni for the meat lovers. Veg for the veg lovers, and perfect balance. Fresh, cured. And heat. Trinidad scorpion peppers. Awesome! A pie that delivers on heat.

The new kid on the block is my new pizza favorite.

PIC 1 thanks for making one of my favorite pies, the grandma. You did it justice.

DTS - Kudos for not cooking the prosciutto! You know the deal. You don't crisp a meat that's been aging a year. I do it just like you. The hot pie heats it up just enough to sweat it.

frydad4 gets the innovation nod!

All look good, for real. But one did it for me. That's my kinda pie.

lots of nice pie. still  :think:

my vote goes to what i would try. crust is very important for me and i actually didnt have any pie that "crusteyed" me. so then toppings became very important!   cant really say i would dig the potato but the protein and the onions in one of the only ways i can even look at a onion got my vote.  

nice plate and pic to all!

jay t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3462-dde7bc1ddbc76fc07338dd9a8539b674.jpg

Wow. I just went through all of these twice. It's not an easy. 

While I do not care for olives, I will not hold that against any entry because they're easy to flick off. I have much experience at olive flickery since everyone I know worships the loathsome olive and I am left to flick or sound like a whiner. So I flick. 

Anyway....

My vote comes down to Frydad, TB or JayT.  I love the steak & potato pizza and have had this combo several times in various formations. And that frito pie looks so damn tasty. And then TB had to go and bust out the goat cheez and tepins. Gah. 

Gonna have to think about this a bit more. All entries worthy - those three stand out as the three I wanna nom nom nom the most. 
The Hot Pepper said:
You can meet me and my g/f :rofl:

Aaaahahahahahaha!

In the end, the one I most wanted to shove in my burger hole was the Frito Pie. Damn my love for salty processed foods. :doh: But he had to go and take the extra step of making it gourmet & shiz, which is what got my vote. Hell of a job everyone. Pizza hole me! 

This one is gonna be close!

If you haven't voted, please vote. Pizza is probably the easiest one to look at and vote on. Still read up on them, but nothing is hidden in the pics, you can almost taste them!

Just over 5 hours... man this is gonna be a close one. May the best pizza win!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back