• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce I just got f%^Ked for 4 hours by an extract sauce

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
F%^K extract sauces! NO MORE!

The name doesn't matter so don't ask. You know what you're getting into. But this stuff should definitely have a waiver. And don't do a spoonful on an empty stomach. EVER! Screw that. Just don't do it. The extract wreaks havoc on your insides. It knocked me out of commission for 4 hours. In severe pain. Brutal pain! I can take the "burning" of the mouth, with any pepper, and even an extract sauce. The problems come about 20 minutes later when you feel like devil is inside you with a chainsaw in one hand, and a flame thrower in the other. Burning and jabbing for 4 hours!

Phew. I finally feel okay. Just had to say that.

If you don't have a New Year's resolution yet, I suggest you kick extract cold turkey!

:D

Sheesh, Boss! 

Sorry to hear, thought you knew better....  :( 

New Motto or New Year's resolution for Chileheads-  "Just Say NO to Extract"  :cool:

I know better, this is packaged as your regular ole' sauce. Looks harmless, and there is NO WARNING ON IT! The ole' extracto is near the top of the ingredients but does not say extract either (one of those disguised ones). Once you taste it you know what you just did and it's too late!

Most sauces of this vein say they are additives. Otherwise, you figure, hey let me spoon taste this one to see what it's all about. But you just spooned liquid cap. :lol: Wow, I can actually laugh now.

I used to eat the Black Mamba 6 Mil extract sauce i loved the burn and got me to where i could eat anything lol but the taste wasnt very good at all

The chemical taste is horrid.

I did this on an empty stomach. That could have played a large role.

No more for me.

F%^K extract !

Oleoresin, chile extract, liquid chile resin.....lots of different terms for it.  The empty stomach probably didn't help at all.   

I know SL. This one says Capsicum which just means f$%^&*$ pepper. I think I'll have a word with them.

Oleoresin Capsicum is acceptable as it means the oil of the pepper (extract, or capsaicin). Capsicum by itself... just means pepper.  I was dupped.

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, the extracts I've tried, and there have only been a couple, made me think I'd eaten battery acid. Last time I had one I also coincidentally ended up with a stomach virus - double the fun!

edit for cross posting-
OOOOOooohhhh!  That is NOT good!  for both geeme and the mis-labeleing.

Yea, capsicum=chile pepper as a pepper/vegetable  NOT an extract.  Most extracts are a mix of capsaicin and some kind of vegetable oil base.  As a "compound" ingredient, it has to be sub-listed on the label. 

Boss, being generic so as not to give away too much, can you list the ingredients?   

I know exactly how ya feel. I gave that stuff up long ago after basically the same experience you just had.
I can take the heat, but don't care for the kerosene and burnt carboard flavor most of the extract sauces taste like to me.
That stuff ties me up in knots.
Really sucks that the label is misleading. I read the labels before I buy and if anything listed sounds like extract I pass.

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Your first mistake was buying/owning/eating an extract sauce. :doh:
unfortunately, it looks like an ingredient was mislabeled as "capsicum"....

I had a beef jerky a week ago that I suspect may have had extract.  Did the same thing to me.  I was so messed up.  Never, ever again.  The pain was intense.  Sorry to hear that.

Back