• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Boomas BBQ

Cooking with Fire, gets a whole lot more attention, this thread is going to get regular updates on all things BBQ.

As some are aware i got a custom built pit/smoker last year and am slowly getting my head around this whole style of cooking. Lots of fun!!

Soon there will be a new toy to add to the outdoor kitchen, hopefully sooner than later............

Still after as much feedback as possible, always trying to improve.

So to start this off, Brisket cooked yesterday for about 9-10 hrs, then wrapped and rested in an Esky for 2-3 hours. Brisket was sprinkled with a plain old mix of salt and pepper.

Pork ribs done 3-2-1 method with a dry rub

DSC00990.JPG

DSC00991.JPG

DSC00992.JPG

DSC00993.JPG

Oh Booma. I think I loooooove you. Perfect Smoke ring. PERFECT! JUST LOOK AT IT!

Where the hael is the Holy :censored: :censored: Got damm :censored: :censored: unbelievable :censored: :censored: !!!!!! Emoticon?

It seems only apropos that a thread called 'Boomas BBQ' have pictures of said big-dog BBQ.

We want to see this bad boy again! New ones too!

Damn chingonalicious Boom!

That bark is just killer.

Glad to see you didna' waste the meat by putting sauce on it.

I'd eat the hell out of that brisket right off the board.

Booma said:
Thats exactly what we did TB, no sauce, no plates, no cutlery, broke the ribs up with our hands, slice the brisket, inhaled

You might be an awesome stinkin' Aussie.

But you're highly in danger of becoming a Texan.

Australia is a down under Texas brother from another mother.

3 hours in the pit smoked, 2 hours foil wrapped in pit, then last 1 hour unwrapped in pit, rested for 15 minutes

I confused. Would y'all please look at pics 3 and 4 again. Why is each slice of brisket bigger than a rack of ribs? HOW BIG are those Aussie briskets?! I mean really look at pics 3 and 4. MINDF^&K or what?

Looks damn good Boom but these pics have me trippin'!

In pic 4 that rack of ribs is laying on a slice of brisket that is bigger!!!!!!!!

Those racks of ribs are the size of one rib here. Y'all got micro-ribs or dinosaur brisket? Damn. I'm seriously asking too. Trippy. :)
Booma said:

Hahahaha, full size ribs, BUT, went to the only butcher that actually sells ribs with meat on them.......
and well the 2 guys behind the counter, didn't speak much english, told them i wanted the usual "American Style RIbs"
they trimmed a full rack up a little, i said 'that looks good' then proceeded to slice against the bones into 5 sections.......

DAMN YOU!

anyways, thought no need to argue, as they probably wouldnt understand anyway.

Look weird, but tastes the same

No wonder!! Sliced length-wise into 5 strips lol. 

That's short ribs. Cut against the bone. Are they beef?

Dude that was trippin' me out. LOL. That explains it.

Excellent bark and smoke ring.

Pork short ribs, something new to try lol.

Good stuff.

Back