• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Best 7-Pot to grow for flavor?

Ferby said:
Has anybody tried the 7 pot primo orange?
Peter Merle from semillas.de once named it as the best tasting he knew. I dont know anything about it, it's probably a still unstable cross...
But that man has so many different peppers! He must know what is cool and hot. On the other hand he is of course selling the seeds, so i wanted to hear an honest opinion from somebody who is economically independent.

Off topic since RobStar has pointed out that this is not a 7 pot but to answer the question: yes, I have grown it, and it is not my very favourite, but the flavour is still good! My plant is small but very productive and in its second year. The pods vary but many are "Primo-shaped", surface starts off rough and matures to smooth. They have moderately thick flesh. Both Peter (SLP) and Grant (JungleRain) were selling these - mine is from Peter. Here is a pic of pods:

Here is a pic of the plant, dwarfed by Moruga yellow on left and reaper on right:

Back