• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

JoynersHotPepper 2015 Pepper Party

So far behind this year, have not even made a list for 2015. This shall be the week to shed the lazy!

10423817_949848828382177_1789482448508038820_n.png

Yours are doing so much better than mine! I screwed myself by putting tomato plants near by, tomorrow they all die! 

Awesome looking plant for sure!

Oh, have you eaten a pod yet?

tctenten said:
Yes.  Very nice.  Like the flavor and the heat is tolerable for me.   Pretty sure I am making a sauce with just them this weekend.  If you need/want pods please let me know.  I am going to have more than I can ever use.

If you like the sauce and have an extra, and feel like putting one off to the side - that would be of great interest to me ... am a big fan of that pepper.

tctenten said:
Yes.  Very nice.  Like the flavor and the heat is tolerable for me.   Pretty sure I am making a sauce with just them this weekend.  If you need/want pods please let me know.  I am going to have more than I can ever use.
I'll take extras and would love to try the sauce. I can send something in return, I have evil growing in the garden this year! 

grantmichaels said:

If you like the sauce and have an extra, and feel like putting one off to the side - that would be of great interest to me ... am a big fan of that pepper.

Done.  I just got my delivery of regional rate A boxes so please PM me your address.  I have some jams for you.  Looks like the perfect size for them.  

tctenten said:

Done.  I just got my delivery of regional rate A boxes so please PM me your address.  I have some jams for you.  Looks like the perfect size for them.  

That's funny, I just picked up some flat rate boxes today, and ordered some more while I was online making a label ...

I have beer and some other stuff for you, once I figure out how to package the beer =)

It's brewed, just have to iron out the hook-up's of the BeerGun for bottling out of the kegs.

It'll be soon, though - probably end of next week or so.

I need to turnover kegs for more brewing, which means vacating beer from them into bottles for long term storage and testing as they age ...

CHEERS!

tctenten said:
If your not using USPS.com I suggest you do.  They deliver whatever boxes or flat rate envelopes you want to your house for free.  I find it very convenient.   

Just learned about that this evening.

I've been using UPS primarily, and they charge me $4-5 for pick-up, on top of being more expensive.

I never have packing material either, because of Danielle's fucking OCD, so I always end up packing people stuff with boxes of tempura batter and ramen packages and bags of flour ...

It kind of became 'a thing I do', but it's really just because Danielle recycles and throws away with an unusual zeal and vigor =/
JoynersHotPeppers said:
I'll take extras and would love to try the sauce. I can send something in return, I have evil growing in the garden this year! 

Mystery Wine sauce from 1010 before JHP - WTF! =)

grantmichaels said:
Just learned about that this evening.

I've been using UPS primarily, and they charge me $4-5 for pick-up, on top of being more expensive.

I never have packing material either, because of Danielle's f**king OCD, so I always end up packing people stuff with boxes of tempura batter and ramen packages and bags of flour ...

It kind of became 'a thing I do', but it's really just because Danielle recycles and throws away with an unusual zeal and vigor =/

Mystery Wine sauce from 1010 before JHP - WTF! =)

Don't worry....his will taste better.

The original jar of sauce (thick like apple sauce) Chris sent me was my favorite ... I think it was scotch bonnet if i recall ... possibly w/ mango ... can't recall the details, but i remember all the tacos i had w/ it that week!

grantmichaels said:
The original jar of sauce (thick like apple sauce) Chris sent me was my favorite ... I think it was scotch bonnet if i recall ... possibly w/ mango ... can't recall the details, but i remember all the tacos i had w/ it that week!
Scotch Bonnet pineapple mango with other goodies, :) 

You will get some other sauce this year for sure! 

That first sauce was the wiener, I have to say ...

The pineapple one that came later was good, but the 1st one was transformative for me ...

The second one was a killer late-glaze for jerk wings, though ... and I used the reaper powder mixed in it to great effect.

Back