#41 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,265 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 09:09 PM

I thought it was weird to see two
different pods on the same plant!

:dance: Every Pod a Victory!  Life Force is Strong!

Pimenta de Neyde x Bonda Ma Jacques - Community Grow 

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#42 Chorizo857_62J

Chorizo857_62J

Hot

• Extreme
  • 626 posts
  • aka:Fatknuckle

Posted 09 June 2019 - 07:06 PM

Scotch Bonnet pod starting to yellow up.  Probably the best example of the morphology of the parent plant from which this was spawned.  The two yellow pointy things on the tray below are what came off a red pumpkin-shaped habanero plant.  I am thinking alien invasion.  Sleep with one eye open....

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1799.jpg

#43 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,265 posts

Posted 09 June 2019 - 10:29 PM

Really nice phenotype on the Bonnet.

#44 Chorizo857_62J

Chorizo857_62J

Hot

• Extreme
  • 626 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 02:55 PM

They don't all come out like this, but this is closest to the original pods I took seeds from.  A Farmers Market product from a single grower.

#45 Chorizo857_62J

Chorizo857_62J

Hot

• Extreme
  • 626 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 03:32 PM

Harvest from today, first ripe Red Bhut Jolokias, plus ripening of the JSB that was green yesterday, and a handfull of La Bamba Jalepenos from yesterday.  Saving for stuffing next weekend.  Hmmmm...oysters, lobster, scallops...?  Probably for another thread, but I am just hungry.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1800.jpg

#46 Sinn

Sinn

Hot

• Extreme
  • 674 posts

Posted 10 June 2019 - 06:34 PM

Harvest from today, first ripe Red Bhut Jolokias, plus ripening of the JSB that was green yesterday, and a handfull of La Bamba Jalepenos from yesterday.  Saving for stuffing next weekend.  Hmmmm...oysters, lobster, scallops...?  Probably for another thread, but I am just hungry.

Nice harvest! What are the small red peppers on the top?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

#47 BDASPNY

BDASPNY

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 06:46 AM

very nice jalapeno's.

#48 Chorizo857_62J

Chorizo857_62J

Hot

• Extreme
  • 626 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 02:57 PM

The tiny red things are Tabasco peppers.  My one plant is in it's second year, is about 3 feet tall, and frickin' loaded to the hilt with peppers.  I use them for pickling in vinegar, and munching on.  I do have a sprouting that is about 2-12 inches tall, looking good, but growing slowly.

I have two jalapeño plants, one being a La Bamba from Burpee I believe.  The fat ones are the La Bamba, and they are not to spicy, but great for stuffing.

#49 Sinn

Sinn

Hot

• Extreme
  • 674 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 03:12 PM

The tiny red things are Tabasco peppers.  My one plant is in it's second year, is about 3 feet tall, and frickin' loaded to the hilt with peppers.  I use them for pickling in vinegar, and munching on.  I do have a sprouting that is about 2-12 inches tall, looking good, but growing slowly.

I have two jalapeño plants, one being a La Bamba from Burpee I believe.  The fat ones are the La Bamba, and they are not to spicy, but great for stuffing.

Those sound tasty I'll have to grow those next season

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

#50 Chorizo857_62J

Chorizo857_62J

Hot

• Extreme
  • 626 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 03:26 PM

June 12 harvest.  Taking the jalapenos off the table, into the fridge.  More Ghost peppers and Habs coming in.  Red Cherry peppers also (good munch food).  Haven't hit the Tabasco plant yet, will likely double volume, ready for a pickle bottle.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1805.jpg

#51 BDASPNY

BDASPNY

Heating Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:26 AM

I have not heard of that one yet.  ill have to look for them.

#52 Chorizo857_62J

Chorizo857_62J

Hot

• Extreme
  • 626 posts

Posted 13 June 2019 - 02:47 PM

Have gotten a lot of rain in the past days.  Plants are soaked and dropping some leaves, but still growing nicely and producing. 

#53 Chorizo857_62J

Chorizo857_62J

Hot

• Extreme
  • 626 posts

Posted 14 June 2019 - 06:58 PM

I will have to do my retraction as of now on the weird double-morphology deal on a plant that I previously posted about.  The subject was an elongated yellow pod on what I thought what a red habanero.  The other pods were green at the time.  One of our members suggested it may just be a feature of a weaker or stressed plant. 

Turns out, he was spot on. The plant was grouped with the other Habaneros, based on the pod morphology.  Turns out that plant is a scotch Bonnet (yellow), just not thriving like the others, and it is spitting out odd-shaped pods.  Guess I should have waited for the others, to ripen, but  it is still an interesting feature. 

I humbly be forgiveness.  But it was still kind of cool.

#54 Chorizo857_62J

Chorizo857_62J

Hot

• Extreme
  • 626 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:13 AM

15 June update.  Smoker grill fired up for the first stockpile of the 2019 harvest.  All things red (habaneros, fake reapers...basically habaneros, toss in a few red bhuts, and follow-up with some scotch bonnets and jalapenos.  Red stuff will go on the dehydrator and the yellow and green will go into a sauce. 

Meanwhile the harvest continues.  First lemon drop pepper discovered today.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1811.jpg
  • IMG_1812.jpg
  • IMG_1813.jpg

#55 PaulG

PaulG

On Fire!

• Extreme
  • 10,265 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 10:33 PM

Alright, pulling pods!

All looks great there, friend!

#56 Chorizo857_62J

Chorizo857_62J

Hot

• Extreme
  • 626 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:29 AM

Just finished yesterday, powders today.  Lil' guy is for the office. Big powder for the house.  No tequila in this sauce batch...but smoked scotch bonnets instead.  HOT.  Dehydrator almost caught fire.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1821.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests