85 replies to this topic

#81 Geonerd

Geonerd

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 10:03 PM

Here's a photo of the Mad Hatters I grew last year. This particular pepper was a bit taller than most of what I harvested. They weren't Bonnie plants, but F1 seed I'd started from Johnny's. Johnny's describes them as a "slightly hot bishop's crown type."

attachicon.gif 20190604_092327.jpg

That's a big sucker!

:fireball:

#1A Guest

• Pip
  • 1 post

#82 bpiela

bpiela

Smokin' Hot

• Extreme
  • 1,026 posts
  • (x1)

Posted 05 June 2019 - 09:20 PM

I have four Bonnie plants this season.  The Dragon Cayenne, a Shishito, a Cow Horn and a Cajun Belle.  Plants are starting to ramp up.  I will post pics once I get some poddage.

#83 luvmesump3pp3rz

luvmesump3pp3rz

Hot

• Extreme
  • 893 posts
  • aka:kevin

Posted 07 June 2019 - 11:16 PM

we finally started getting decent weather here in the northeast. the month of may was rainy and cold and my plants seemed to be stunted. for the last week and a half the rain backed off and the temps are reaching 80 during the day. the plants are now showing some growth but one is really doing well. the Shishito plant is getting really bushy. compare it to the plant to the right. some of the other plants are just as tall but not nearly as full and bushy. it`s early in the season here and i know things will pick up with my other plants but this thread needed a bump :onfire:

20190607_164106_resized.jpg

#84 CaneDog

CaneDog

Smokin' Hot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 12:24 AM

Looking good p3pp3rz!  Glad your weather is coming around.

Jeez though, seems every time I turn around I see another reason to kick myself for not growing shishito this season.  :doh:

#85 SpikeA

SpikeA

Mild

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 June 2019 - 09:56 AM

I bought four pots of bonnie ghost peppers, three of them were doubles, I eventually separated them into their own pots. Earlier this season I planted three of them in a giant patio planter and mixed up a batch of soil to fill it. I think I hit the jackpot with my ratio as they have exploded with growth. Got a few fruits on them for the first time, very slow to rippen. 

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190521_161217.jpg
  • 20190319_195126.jpg

Edited by SpikeA, 11 June 2019 - 09:58 AM.

#86 timegoat

timegoat

Mild

• Extreme
  • 82 posts

Posted Today, 07:06 AM

we finally started getting decent weather here in the northeast. the month of may was rainy and cold and my plants seemed to be stunted. for the last week and a half the rain backed off and the temps are reaching 80 during the day. the plants are now showing some growth but one is really doing well. the Shishito plant is getting really bushy. compare it to the plant to the right. some of the other plants are just as tall but not nearly as full and bushy. it`s early in the season here and i know things will pick up with my other plants but this thread needed a bump :onfire:

attachicon.gif 20190607_164106_resized.jpg

It's sure has been a rough spring in NE this year. Things are picking up 100+ miles north of you too. Glad to see your plants survived May.

Note to self: Don't panic till August.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests