• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Glogs

Grow Logs for hot peppers.
Well guys, I know I have started a lot of topics and none of them really ever gotten anywhere but well, I thought I'd have a grow log of my glow in the dark pepper and some other plants that I'm going to be growing through out the year, and it's all indoors unfortunately, unless during the winter here and its not too cold out I might put some of my plants outside for them to try to enjoy the sun haha. But, there will be many pics to come! The camera that I'm using is a Nikon D-5000, pictures are really good with that beast of a camera haha :D
Hey there guys! since some people wanted me to let them know about this plant I thought that I'd make a grow log about it and here it is! :D Although I have never gotten around to planting them or trying to germ then but just a few minutes ago I had plopped them in some water and now they're going to be soaking and sitting in it 'till the sprout. I know some of you guys say thats not necessary to do that, but the last time I soaked all my pepper seeds they all had 100% germ rate, they prolly would've had 100% anways but, oh well... And in my other grow log I think I'm going to quit posting in that one and focus all my time into this one... Well hope you guys enjoy it! I just hope this plant does glow in the dark, becuase that would...
Hey there, I'm going to start grow log about what I'm growing so far. Unfortunately, its going to be a indoor grow. Temps outside have only been above 40 F, and thats warm for us haha. What I have going so far right now is: 1 x Black Pearl Pepper (I'm going to start more soon) Lots of Bell Peppers, red, orange, green, yellow 2 x Georgia Flame 2 or 4 x Habanero Pepper 2 x Jalapeno 2 x Marble Non Pepper 2 x Strawberry Fragissimo 24 x Mugo Pine Blooming Idiot Spider Plants Tulip Cactus from seed Tobacco Rustica Tobacco Black Mammoth i think I would upload some pics but can some one please tell me how to upload some pictures, if some one can tell me how I would upload some pics, the camera I'm using a D 5000 Nikon...
So here it goes. I'm a bit late to post and I don't have as many good pictures as I wish I did. On top of that, my garden is nothing compared to what many of you guys are working with. I don't have a backyard, or even a balcony. I've planned out a Fire Escape Garden for this season, while hoping that next year, I'll be at an apartment with a backyard (not as hard as it sounds, noting I live in Brooklyn). I'm also very late to the seed-starting party. I sowed my seeds at the beginning of the month; but took care to choose varieties known for setting fruit out early (Tomato's are Early Wonder and New Big Dwarf, and the basils should be ready by the end of next month.). My super long list of varieties being grown in my Fire Escape...
Howdy! Haven't been on the forum for ages, mostly due to a longer break from chili growing. After having to tear down the grow room for the second time due to insects (trips), I just needed som distance from the hobby. Yesterday, I felt the distance was right :) The growing area was sprayed down heavily with anti-bug spray (pyrethrine++), the smallest pots were chlorinated, and I went through my seed collection to find some suitable species to grow this autumn. Out of about 25+ different choices, I ended up with the following: Top four: Super Chile, Hot Lemon, Pimenta Da Neyde, Yellow Burkina Bottom four: Ring of Fire, Fatalii, Bird's Eye Baby, Stipe (baccatum) Each bag contains two seeds, and at some point in time I will cull away...
Well its been a long time since I last posted on the forum due to being very busy. I hope all is well with everyone, and that you had a very happy new year! Here are some pics of what I'm currently growing. My Yellow Scotch Bonnets that are planted in ground are loaded and continue to be heavy producers. Some Chocolate Habs
What's up all?! I'm pretty excited about this years grow season as it's gonna be my first year that I'm actually able to put most if not all my plants in the ground! I put in a 15'x25' garden this year and it's pretty much gonna be dedicated to just peppers and a few tomato varieties. Got a late start getting my seeds germinated this year. They've only been up for about a month now but it looks like they'll be ready for plant out in a few weeks. Thanks to all who hooked me up with seeds for this season after my wonderful ex tossed what seeds I did have out lol. I'm not growing anything too exotic this year but I'll have a pretty good variety: Bhut Jolokia 7 Pod Trinidad Scorpion Dorset Naga Chocolate Habanero Fatalii Red Savina...
I was away for 2 weeks and when i got back i was surprised to see how much they grew! I left them in the care of my brother who didnt do as good a job as i had hoped but with a little care they should bounce back to their former selves! they're in 1.5 gallon pots with peat, coco coir, and i feed them hen fertilizers once a month. Enjoy! Here's a list of what I have: White Peruvian Habanero Chocolate Habanero Reb Habanero Orange Habanero Mustard Habanero Jamaican Red Scotch Bonnet Orange Scotch Bonnet Fatali Bhut Jolokia Dorset Naga Yellow Cayenne Red Cayenne Jalapenos De Arbol unknown F1 hybrid + a couple of weird hybrids White Peruvian Habanero (in hydro bucket, no air pump, no ph adjustment, same nutrient solution for well over...
well lets get the bad news out of the way. here's what dident germinate. how sad. video of what germinated when i last checked on them at grandma's (she has a greenhouse so i got her to try and germinate them for me) watch in 720 or higher. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hOnRV3owdk&fmt=22 and this is what they look like now. and the newsest sproutling is my congo black. oh and the douglah is aparently still alive i just couldent find it oh yea and my indoor serano. its just starting to pod up..... yes it need to be pruned badly.
Well, I'm finally at a place where I feel I've made some real progress. Due to Thompson-Morgan's mis-labeling annums seeds as Habanero's a friend and I lost 3+ months growing annums we thought were chinense. Okay here are some pictures; The potting mix is identical for all 5 plants, but the 2nd Costa Red didn't get egg shells under it like the other 4. I top dressed the egg shells for that one.
So Trinicoolieboy was generous enough to send a bunch of seeds to a bunch of folks here and there around the world. Thought it would be interesting to have another one source/ world wide multi grower thread in the spirit of the Nova's Naga thread. Didn't see one going yet, and figured why not? Just planted the seeds I received a bit ago. Blank peat pellet shots aren't that exciting, but you gotta start somewhere, right? So get planting!!! Hope it's cool to start 'er up and get the ball rolling on this. Kinda just did it without any clearance and will defer to the source! Pretty excited to get some seeds direct from Trinidad though, so couldn't help it! Many thanks Trinicoolieboy!
I am a new guy to the site and the whole pepper growing thing, or growing at all for that matter. I know I am late but I am going to pick up where I can and kind of start a grow log. I have learned so much from everyones grow logs on here! I figured I'd start my own and get help when needed or suggested.. I very proud of my plants since Im new to this lol, so I hope I'll have a lot of pics to post. Here is my list this year (for a first timer I think I got carried away, but live and learn!) Tabasco Chili Red Bell Green Bell Jalepeno Habenero Pepperonchini Gypsy Nu Mex Big Jim Trinadad Scorpion Belgium Carrot Chocolate Bhut Jolokia Hot Cherry Pepper As you can see in the pictures I am growing them in a multitude of ways... Earthbox...
Hey All! This is my first grow log. I started growing peppers last year, when my wife picked up a few from the local feed store. I immediately fell in love with growing and caring for my pepper plants. So, this year, I decided to grow some from seeds, and see how well they do. A late start, I know. The reason for that is because I had decided not to do it, but just couldn't stand not doing it (and visiting this forum certainly contributed to making me want to do it)...so, a month late, maybe 2, but I have planted a lot of pepper seeds...mostly Annuum, but a couple Chinense, See below for my complete grow list of whats planted and what is yet to be planted. I have planted 108 peat pods with 6 of each variety. Ill be giving some of these...
Well i decided to create separate grow log for tomatoes since i collected so many varieties. i'm actuallt little short on space so i will have to cut back on something and put them away untill next year. any ideas what varienty isn't worth growing so much? aunt giny's purple aunt ruby's german cherry marianna's peace magnum aussie mexico big beef hybrid brandywine / sudduth reisetomato costoluto genovese super marzano VFNT early woonder russian rose believe it or not giant belgium berkley tie dye old german copia orange russian ananas noire opalka paul robeson blank from tula black sea man chernyi mavr cherokee purple cherokee chocolate moonglow timy tim pappy's amarillo lady liberty thessaloniki
Things are off to an early start. Here's the grow list: Bhut Jolokia Chocolate Bhut 7 Pot Trinidad Scorpion Naga Morich Red Savina Yellow Devil's Tongue Fatalli Orange Habanero Paper Lanter Habanero White Habanero Caribbean Red Jamaican Hot Scotch Bonnet (2 varieties) Tasmanian Habanero Pumpkin Habanero Aji Limon Mustard Habanero Bishops Crown Ancho Poblano Tabasco Bonda Ma Jacques Cili Goronong Here's what I got growing on so far, primarily the super hots...excellent germination rate, all of them between 6 and 9 days. I have a bunch of 42 watt CFL's as well once they get a bit bigger. Should be a good year. Best of luck to everyone else! ;)
Back