• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Post Your Eats!

Food blogs and megathreads.
my dear sweet loving wifey of mine told me to get some chips at the store....so i said to myself......self.....wouldnt it be cool to get some dip to go with the chips......and then i said to myself..self...yes that would be awsome. so i am looking at the dips in the refrigirator section and i see something new.....and i said to myself....self......what is this??? there is a company i dont know if its local or nation wide called "deans" most of the time i buy the french onion dip...well yesterday they had a new dip.....rosted red jalapeno dip. so of course i purchased some and ate it last night.....personaly i liked it and was wondering if anyone else has tried this. as it pertains to recipes i was thinking of mabey coreing out some...
After reading Nick's article on the HSB some time ago about how to make buffalo wings, we've decided to give it a go tonight at home. It'll be a dry run for when we review the DefCON sauces here in a short while. 8) We're going to try out the Lord of the Wings sauce and a few will be the Nate Dog's wing sauce (hotter than heck, btw). Some logistical questions, tho... 1. If we try another sauce as a wing sauce (Tabasco chipotle, for example), does it need to (or should it) be mixed with butter before coating the wings? 2. How many wings would a 5 oz bottle of sauce cover, on average? 3. Once the wings are coated, does anyone ever bake them a little to settle the flavor in a little? Comments/suggestions appreciated...
5 lbs chicken wings 1 bottle Chef D Rocks habanero sauce 1 cup honey 5 tbs Dijon mustard 2 tbs minced garlic 1/2 tbs onion powder juice of 1 lime 2 tbs soy sauce 2 tbs salt combine all above ingredients mix well rinse & dry your wings Place in large ziplock pour in your honey habanero mixture & let marinate ( for best results marinate overnite) Then bake or grill until thouroughly cooked. We plan on trying these over the holiday weekend will share how they come out Mick Kato's
We tried this with our own smoked habanero powder & some snapper fillets 1 1/2 lbs snapper fillets 1/2 cup Florida honey 1 1/2 cup Florida OJ 1/2 cup Florida lime juice 1 tsp salt smoked Habanero powder to taste Score fillets in checkerboard fashion combine oj, lime juice. & honey & mix well. Place fish in mixture & marinate for an hour in the fridge. Add salt to habanero powder mix. Apply Habanero powder mixture liberally to top of fillets cook fillets till fish flakes Heat remaining marinade to boiling for 5 minutes and use as sauce for fish
Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers Prep Time: 20 min Total Time: 35 min Makes: 12 servings, 2 stuffed pepper halves each 2 Tbsp. KRAFT Zesty Italian Dressing 1/2 lb. ground beef, cooked, drained 1/2 cup chopped tomato 2 Tbsp. PLANTERS Slivered Almonds 2 Tbsp. raisins 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided 12 medium jalapeno peppers PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Heat dressing in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add meat, tomatoes, almonds and raisins; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; drain excess liquid. Stir in 1/4 cup of the cheese; set aside. CUT each pepper in half lengthwise; remove and discard seeds. Place peppers on foil-covered baking sheet. Fill each with about 1 Tbsp. of the...
This recipe we got out of Louisiana Cooking mag made it and thought it was very good Ingredients: 6 cups cooked rice 2 Tbsp. flour 3 Tbsp. shortening 1 cup diced celery 1 large onion, diced 1 large bell pepper, diced 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 can tomato paste 1 qt. water 2 qts. chicken broth 1 can clam chowder 1 bay leaf 1/8 tsp thyme 2 tsp salt 1/2 tsp. black pepper 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper 1 lb. link sausage, sliced 1 pkg. frozen perch fillets, cut in squares 1 pkg frozen okra (1-1/2 cups 1 lb shrimp, cooked 2 sprigs parsley 1 tsp. gumbo file' Make roux by browning flour in melted shortening; add celery and onions and cook slowly until clear, Add other ingredients with exception of shrimp, file' and parsley. Simmer for at least 1...
Perhaps some of you have seen this e-mail, but I truly busted a gut when I read it, enjoy: INEXPERIENCED CHILI TASTER Notes From An Inexperienced Chili Taster, who recently was visiting Texas. "Recently I was honored to be selected as an outstanding famous celebrity in Texas, to be a judge at a chili cook-off, because no one else wanted to do it. Also, the original person called in sick at the last moment, and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table asking directions to the beer wagon when the call came. I was assured by the other two judges (native Texans) that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy, and besides they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted. Here are the...
My friends and I have always loved making and eating chili. One of the cool trends we have started locally is to pack our chili into empty (never used) paint cans for transportation and temporary storage. It is very convenient and clean. My question is just how safe these cans are for food grade material such as chili. Before I let this idea get out of hand I figure I should check into it.
Kato, man, you're going to love this. For starters; if you don't have a waffle iron, the recipe works with both a crepe pan or a frying pan. But I made it in a waffle iron. If you use a crepe pan or frying pan, make crepes or pancakes with the batter instead of waffles. This recipe served four. (2 adults and 2 kids) and there were no leftovers. Waffle batter: 1/2 cup soya protein 1/2 cup gluten flour 2 eggs 1/2 cup milk distilled water Filling: 1 tbsp butter 1 tbsp olive oil 1/2 bag fresh spinach, washed, drained and minced 2 stalks celery, minced 2 cloves garlic, minced 1/2 onion, minced 1 cup grated cheese (I used a mix of old cheddar and jack) Fresh Pumpkin seeds (or any other nut) Fresh shelled hemp seeds (sesame seeds will do)...
1 lb shrimp cook it first 1 tsp fresh basil finely chopped 1 chile finely diced and seeded ( choose chile based on heat & use as desired 1 tbsp sesame oil 1/4 cup water chestnuts chopped 1/2 cup chicken stock 1/2 cup red or yellow bell pepper sliced thinly pickled ginger to taste salt soba noodles combine all but noodles & place in fridge Sauce 1/2 cup mirin cooking wine 1/2 tsp Balsamic vinegar 2 tbsp soy sauce 2 tbsp brown sugar 1/2 cup chicken broth place wine, vinegar & soy sauce in a pan heat to a gentle boil add brown sugar & broth let simmer when sauce thickens remove and serve Noodles prepare per package instructions
Easy Guacamole Recipe 2 ripe avocados 1 small onion 1 clove garlic 1 small tomato 1-1/2 Tbsp limejuice (or juice of 1 fresh lime) Salt and pepper to taste Peel avocados and remove the pit. Peel and mince the onion and the garlic. Chop the tomato. Mash the avocado in a bowl (fun for the kids) and then stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve cold with tortillas
Great recipe I created called Beer Battered Tacos! Saute ground beef with onions and peppers, drain, add taco seasoning and water, cook down. Now, take your ground beef, add shredded cheese, and roll up tight in a small flour tortilla (folded to seal all edges, like a burrito). Dampen with a little water (rub water on them, don't submerge), then roll in flour. Next, dip in a beer batter (pancake mix with a can of beer and less milk added). Deep fry until golden brown. Serve with sour cream and chopped chives on top, salsa on the side, and a chilled Corona! Try them! They're great!
Back