• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

1st grow ever

Thanks for the advise and knowledge given. Here is what I have going. The coleus is a rescue from under some Cana.

Buena mulata
Scropion

Anything noticeable? Please let me know.

Anthony

Attachments

• IMG_3151.jpeg
    IMG_3151.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 1,151
  • IMG_3154.jpeg
    IMG_3154.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3155.jpeg
    IMG_3155.jpeg
    137.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Most are doing good. I topped the scorpion just to see the effects. The mulata is producing flowers already. I’ve been pinching them off.

Attachments

• IMG_3179.jpeg
    IMG_3179.jpeg
    183 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3182.jpeg
    IMG_3182.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_3183.jpeg
    IMG_3183.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3184.jpeg
    IMG_3184.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 48
So I do have some gnats. Was thinking h202 and DE. Only since I have to keep in doors until march. I will let them dry out first. Suggestions?

Am I missing something?
This is a bueno Mulato. I water regular it’s kinda dry now but not wilting. Light is about 14 in away. All of them are curing the leaves. My other types of plants are all good. It’s just the mulatos. Is it root bound? Or missing a nutrient?

Attachments

• IMG_3191.jpeg
    IMG_3191.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_3190.jpeg
    IMG_3190.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 44
I noticed the bigger plants are drinking the water faster than my schedule. Hopefully that’s it. I was letting them get a little drier.

Last edited:
Am I missing something?
This is a bueno Mulato. I water regular it’s kinda dry now but not wilting. Light is about 14 in away. All of them are curing the leaves. My other types of plants are all good. It’s just the mulatos. Is it root bound? Or missing a nutrient?
move them a little more to the side of the light footprint instead of directly under. Mine do that when the light is too bright too quick. Did you recently lower it or increase the intensity? My romanian sweet will do that while the others are fine. I just back them up a little bit.

Last edited:
move them a little more to the side of the light footprint instead of directly under. Mine do that when the light is too bright too quick. Did you recently lower it or increase the intensity? My romanian sweet will do that while the others are fine. I just back them up a little bit.
No but they grow so fast. I’ll put off to the side

I was wondering about them flowering in the smaller pots…? Any advice? Different nutrients, Pick flowers, pot up asap, etc…

Last edited:
Don't you worry too much about them, they look great, peppers usually are strong and persistent.

I think letting them flower is a good idea if you don't want to repot them into bigger containers, if you want to give them more root space, flowering can slow it down. I am curious how people here care for their peppers sown in october/november. It is my first season, so, I am experimenting. I have few of them ready to be repotted but I don't have place for 5 galon containers in my apartment, so, they will stay in small ones 'till warmer months. Until then I will let them flower and fruit.

In case of fertilizers, I can't say I know what to use other than those made from kitchen scraps for nitrogen and phosphorus, banana peals for potassium. Nitrogen for vegetative growth (I like to make some nettle slurry (I hope that is a good word in english) in bottle), phosphorus for roots, flowers and fruits, potassium (banana peals in water) for overall health and some science stuff. Warning 1: It's smelly. Warning 2: can't be used without watering down a lot.

yeah I started them early and then my kiddo wanted to do some. Ended up with more plants than I expected. Now I have plants that want to grow but cannot pot-up yet. I don’t have the room or the lights to do so. Hopefully when it’s warmer and we do get them into bigger pots they will grow again. I feel like I’m putting the brakes on them for now and I hope it’s does not have a permanent effect on them.

yeah I started them early and then my kiddo wanted to do some. Ended up with more plants than I expected. Now I have plants that want to grow but cannot pot-up yet. I don’t have the room or the lights to do so. Hopefully when it’s warmer and we do get them into bigger pots they will grow again. I feel like I’m putting the brakes on them for now and I hope it’s does not have a permanent effect on them.
I know it is easy to get attached. If needed, cull some to make room and have fewer plants that can get larger. Seeds are plentiful and cheap, order a new batch later and let the kiddo help pick out which strains you grow through the outdoor season.

Huhu, I wonder what my neighbors will say this summer after seeing all this greenery. As a joke I wanted to plant a peter pepper the closest to them and see their faces when it starts to pot but I won't be a...
Next year, all the balconies will have peter peppers on them and I will be on the other side of the joke xd

Back