2008-2009 Seed Trading Parcel for USA

Congreats JJ...you are legit....I am kinda buzzed right now...will get the parcel up and runnig this week...

last call for participants....anyone else want to be part of this???????????

cheezydemon said:
I meant to quote your sig..... do you mean muscles rather than feet?

I don't think anyone has 42 feet in their face;) If I had one foot in my face I would probably frown, unless it was attatched to a real hottie!

Hey Cheezy! Its actually a take off of an old saying I heard a while ago ---"It takes 64 muscles in your face to frown and only 10 to smile"---

and if you take those 64 muscles and measured them it would be somewhere around 42 feet......

and, since I'm not really the smiley type, I'd rather just extend my arm and whack the jerk upside the head.....

thus is my long-winded explaination of the origin of my "quote";)

BTW, its interesting that you're not the only guy on this forum who dosn't mind a little abuse...Rainbowberry threatened to whip someone's arse in another thread and there were more than a few willing victims:lol:
rainbowberry said:
HPFF please don't give up.....I'll whip your arse if you give up ;)

Pick me... Pick me...

AlabamaJack said:
I am kinda buzzed right now...

I just admitted to buzzed posting myself ;)
This is the first BBS I feel at home at since 1984.

I'm up for inclusion although as of now I don't meet 1a requirements yet.

My intention is to produce a seed bank and give away for free.
I grow organic hydroponic indoors all year round and like to stoke people with free seeds. Sharing is caring.

RedwoodIsland said:
I just admitted to buzzed posting myself ;)
This is the first BBS I feel at home at since 1984.

I'm up for inclusion although as of now I don't meet 1a requirements yet.

My intention is to produce a seed bank and give away for free.
I grow organic hydroponic indoors all year round and like to stoke people with free seeds. Sharing is caring.

I will have to let the others that are on the trading list make the decision...one of the reasons that rule is there is the last package just disappeared and no one has heard from the person since...

I have been lazy folks and not had a chance to get the parcel together...I am going to be out of town until Wednesday and start to prepare the package when I get home...

Daisy7117 said:
Hey Cheezy! Its actually a take off of an old saying I heard a while ago ---"It takes 64 muscles in your face to frown and only 10 to smile"---

and if you take those 64 muscles and measured them it would be somewhere around 42 feet......

and, since I'm not really the smiley type, I'd rather just extend my arm and whack the jerk upside the head.....

thus is my long-winded explaination of the origin of my "quote";)

BTW, its interesting that you're not the only guy on this forum who dosn't mind a little abuse...Rainbowberry threatened to whip someone's arse in another thread and there were more than a few willing victims:lol:

Let's face it, 99% of the people seek out sauces and peppers that normal mortals consider painful. Should we be at all surprised?;)

Kinda relates to my "tatted pierced, etc." poll.

Peppers = mild massochism lol.

I went to walmart today and got 100 plastic baggies sized 3 X 4 inches...I think I am going to take these back and see if I can get some smaller ones...If I include 500 of these that will really add to the weight of the package.

I also bought some cardstock perforated to the size of business cards...I will toy with getting the information for the labels on them and still be able to read them...the only other alternative I have is simply to have a printed spreadsheet with the appropriate columns on it and when someone adds new seeds to the list they fill out the information (legibly of course)...that sure would be easier and cheaper too...what do you think traders?

we have also had a request for a new member to get on the list and I told him it was up to the traders to make that decision...however, RedwoodIsland, there still are 10 weeks before the kickoff mailing day...I just looked and you have 21 posts....you should be to 100 if you get busy then there would not have to be any voting or decisions...I put you on the list and if you don't have 100 by then we will talk about....

I don't know why, but I was thinking I was getting behind on the parcel preparation... :lol:

who put those rules together anyway?.... roflmao :lol:

Klyth, I just went back and reread this whole thread...did you want on the trading list...you never really said....you said it sounds like a fun thing to do...if that was saying you wanted in, you will be inserted in the list before abf303, that is where you first responded to this thread and showed interest...

List as of 060608
AlabamaJack
Rob
Okie Joe
Lucky Dog
CheezyDemon
Pepperfever
abf303
klyth
gardenkiller
PepperRidgeFarm
PepperFreak
PcolaHot
JJBagoose
Daisy7117
RedwoodIsland

Is this right?

Looks good AJ. Whatever makes the most sense for you should be fine for the rest of us. Especially since you are putting all this effort in to get it started.

If you decide to use a spreadsheet, we could actually pass it around by email or host it somewhere online. That way everyone could track its progress and when someone has the package they could update the list on the computer and wouldn't have to worry about writing out all the info. Then print the latest copy and toss it in the package.

Just an idea.

As for Redwood, you should be able to put a real dent into that post count in 10 weeks ;)

Thanks for the effort AJ.

Looks good to me! AJ, Since you're sending the package first, I'll get you a list of the seeds i'm adding to the parcel and will send you some of whatever you want. That way everyone will be able to get some seeds out of the parcel.

mrwicks said:
I want in

get to posting..

List as of 060808
AlabamaJack
Rob
Okie Joe
Lucky Dog
CheezyDemon
Pepperfever
abf303
klyth
gardenkiller
PepperRidgeFarm
PepperFreak
PcolaHot
JJBagoose
Daisy7117
RedwoodIsland
MrWicks

Spread sheet is a good idea if we can read the writing -- should we have an online one that we can email to each other when sending the parcel? that way we can type it instead-- and I agree to hold to 100 posts I dont want another parcel go astray -- then its shame on us

LUCKYDOG said:
Spread sheet is a good idea if we can read the writing -- should we have an online one that we can email to each other when sending the parcel? that way we can type it instead-- and I agree to hold to 100 posts I dont want another parcel go astray -- then its shame on us

I think I will go with a spreadsheet...we can email it to one another as the package goes around...this will enable us to read one anothers "typing"....also, I will include a marker like I use on my black pots to simply number the packets of seeds with...will be a good filing system...

I am kinda partial to the 100 post requirement too...sure don't want to lose another one....heck, I was next on the list to receive it but alas, no package...

AlabamaJack said:
I am kinda partial to the 100 post requirement too...sure don't want to lose another one....heck, I was next on the list to receive it but alas, no package...

I agree too. If you are spending regular time on this board you should easily be able to meet that requirement.

I can't wait :onfire:

Yeah, sign me up. I have really limited room, but I'll probably not buy seeds for next year - hoping to keep seeds from my harvest this year, and I still have some remaining from this past spring. So it'll give me the chance to try something new without spending much money...

Who was the final holder of the first parcel? I feel so bad it got lost. I was a bit worried about it to be honest because the person following me on the list posted so very little prior to me sending. He did make one post though to confirm his existence.

I think the "100 postings" limit is nice, but it's no guarantee the same thing couldn't happen. 100 posts is very litle compared to some on the forum like Omri! :)

I guess it's a risk no matter what. You roll the dice and hope to win. It's even sadder to see not one, but many prior contributors lose their donations due to one misfortunate incident.

All those issues aside, there's alwaays "USPS risk." :)

Chris

Did Pam just outright leave this forum? I'm guessing there was more to it, but I hope the "pure seed / non-pure seed" issue wasn't the whole reason!

Chris

cmpman1974 said:
I think the "100 postings" limit is nice, but it's no guarantee

All those issues aside, there's alwaays "USPS risk." :)

Chris
well I cant complain to much about the USPS except that the rates keep climbing, but hey, what hasnt gone up?
I just sent my daughter some seed and dried Jolokia from New Mexico to Iowa and she got it next day.
and thats with no extras just first class mail.

Hi aj,
this is a cool thing your doing,
you guys get it together and everyone could benifit from it.
after this season has past,ill get on the wagon and send some in for the parcel,I dont really have anything now cept a few hundred bhuts that i hold on to until this next harvest of seed. so late winter around dec/jan i can let them go to the cause.

pablo

pablo said:
Hi aj,
this is a cool thing your doing,
you guys get it together and everyone could benifit from it.
after this season has past,ill get on the wagon and send some in for the parcel,I dont really have anything now cept a few hundred bhuts that i hold on to until this next harvest of seed. so late winter around dec/jan i can let them go to the cause.

pablo

Thanks Pable but I can't take credit for the idea...I just am getting a new one ready to go for August 15th...you are certainly welcome to get in on the parcel trading if you want...just to take a gander at what is in there...

AJ,

I can do this if it is a padded pack weighing not more than 1 lb. Otherwise, I can't even receive it. Not sure what you have in mind?

Back