2008-2009 Seed Trading Parcel for USA

You got it Pablo....I was hoping you would join the traders...welcome aboard my friend...

the cross with pablo pollen and a fatalii seems very intrigueing....

List as of 06-22-08
AlabamaJack
Rob
Okie Joe
Lucky Dog
CheezyDemon
Pepperfever
abf303
klyth
gardenkiller
PepperRidgeFarm
PepperFreak
PcolaHot
JJBagoose
Daisy7117
RedwoodIsland
MrWicks
Pablo

Hey AJ how would I get in on this deal?Would Be great if I could.Please let me know. Thanks Rich

List as of 06-26-08
AlabamaJack
Rob
Okie Joe
Lucky Dog
CheezyDemon
Pepperfever
abf303
klyth
gardenkiller
PepperRidgeFarm
PepperFreak
PcolaHot
JJBagoose
Daisy7117
RedwoodIsland
MrWicks
Pablo
hixs

There are now 18 of us on the list. Figure a week for each person and that puts it at 4 1/4 months for it to get back to me...that pushes it to the end of December before it gets back to me with no other people joining...any slip in schedule will start to impact my planting date at the end of January...I plant the end of January...

not complaining at all folks....just want to make sure the traders are diligent in getting the parcel out of their hands as quickly as possible once they receive it...

I am thinking about pushing the schedule up to start the package the first of August rather than the 15th....opinions?

AlabamaJack said:
List as of 06-26-08
AlabamaJack
Rob
Okie Joe
Lucky Dog
CheezyDemon
Pepperfever
abf303
klyth
gardenkiller
PepperRidgeFarm
PepperFreak
PcolaHot
JJBagoose
Daisy7117
RedwoodIsland
MrWicks
Pablo
hixs

There are now 18 of us on the list. Figure a week for each person and that puts it at 4 1/4 months for it to get back to me...that pushes it to the end of December before it gets back to me with no other people joining...any slip in schedule will start to impact my planting date at the end of January...I plant the end of January...

not complaining at all folks....just want to make sure the traders are diligent in getting the parcel out of their hands as quickly as possible once they receive it...

I am thinking about pushing the schedule up to start the package the first of August rather than the 15th....opinions?

I don't see that being a problem, at least for me. Then again, I don't even have flowers yet... So the changes of getting good seed from my harvest this year by then are not great. But I still have quite a few leftover seeds from this past season.

Dates

Any dates work well for me.

Can I send you some seeds for those before me?
I currently have a bunch of PC-1 I'd like to share with the group.

RWI...would be glad to include some of your seeds in the parcel...

Thanks...sending pm with address...

On the way

AlabamaJack said:
RWI...would be glad to include some of your seeds in the parcel...

Thanks...sending pm with address...

In the mail today...

I did not count them, you will understand when you get the envelope. There should be enough for all. :)

OK...putting the finishing touches on the parcel today...I will put it in the mail Monday Morning...

I will post the members mailing list later today and check the list agains the rules sheet for qualifications. Once I post that list, I will need an email from everyone on the list sent to ronnie.walley@gmail.com. In that email, I need a telephone number and mailing address so I may be able to contact you in case the parcel goes missing again. I will by no means release this information to anyone. As they say on Seinfeld, "it goes in the vault". If I do not receive an email and phone number from you, I will take you off the distribution list with agreement from others on the list. Is that fair?

After I get the emails from all of you, I will make a distribution list and distribute to all an excel spreadsheet with the inventory of the parcel. Please, as you take seeds out or put seeds in, modify the excel spreadsheet with the new information, i.e. added variety information and modified information of items already in the parcel and send that updated spreadsheet to all on the distribution list as you get the parcel back in the mail.

Please...take no more than 5 seeds from any one package to allow maximum distribution of the seeds.

Just remember, timing of getting the seeds, getting what you want to take out/put in, and getting them back in the mail is very important if it is going to get around to all the members...sorry to be so anal about this but we need to keep a very tight schedule.

Decided to take a picture of my work area view...looking north out into the east end of the chili garden (back yard)

081608a001.jpg

OK here is the final list for distribution...

parcelparticipantstatus08-17-08.jpg

The only question I have is this.

MrWicks...come on man...you only got 45 posts...you got to get to 100 before its your turn...remember the rules said 100 posts or minimum 2 months to be eligible, non-negotiable....I will leave that up to the participants to make a decision when it gets your turn...end of the list if you don't have enough posts by the time its your turn?....come on ya'll, I feel like I am being mean....sure don't want to...

I will send out PM from THP to each participant...please respond ....ronnie.walley@gmail.com...to this so I can get pertinent information like email address, telephone number, and your snail mail address...if you have already sent me your mailing address, please do it again so I can have the information in a folder on my gmail account

after I get your email addresses, I will send the following out...

This is the starting inventory list....there are 40 varieties...best I could do folks....sorry...

Untitled.jpg

The package contains seeds in 2X3 inch plastic bags that are numbered. Those are grouped in larger bags labelled 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, etc.......there are extra small baggies and larger baggies for growth in the quart freezer bag...contained in the quart baggie is a white paint pen that is to be used for all marking...let the paint dry before touching it...won't take more than a minute...also a current inventory log, and a members distribution list....since we are gong to be intouch by email and on this thread we can keep the inventory list and "routing" sheet updated each time it changes hands...

Please when adding seeds, do it neatly...if any of the supplies in the parcel get low, please let me know ahead of time and I will mail the baggies and/or paint pen to the next recipient...

I have tried to make this as organized as I could...

Right on AJ, I'm so excited to be part of the 2008 The Hot Pepper seed exchange. You contributed so much more than you need as usual but the list looks incredible. I have more than I need seed wise and am always on the lookout for an interesting new pepper to grow which should be in that parcel before me. I really want to see this parcel work and arrive to everyone that requested its delivery. Good job once again my friends at THP.

Back