2008-2009 Seed Trading Parcel for USA

Philliperv...package is probably going to be more than a pound before I even start it...you and I can work something out...

AlabamaJack said:
Philliperv...package is probably going to be more than a pound before I even start it...you and I can work something out...

Ok I was thinking that we could trade on the side and you could add my seeds to the parcel while it is in your possession.

JJBagoose said:
I agree too. If you are spending regular time on this board you should easily be able to meet that requirement.

while i definitely understand the reason for the post requirement and would not challenge it in any way, I have been on this site everyday since i joined in march......i don't post a lot because i really don't have much info to share... also, is usps required for shipping (have a ups account through the gig....would be nice to make them pay ...hehehe)

please respond to this post as much as possible so that i can reply and reach my post threshold:lol::lol:

mrwicks said:
while i definitely understand the reason for the post requirement and would not challenge it in any way, I have been on this site everyday since i joined in march......i don't post a lot because i really don't have much info to share... also, is usps required for shipping (have a ups account through the gig....would be nice to make them pay ...hehehe)

please respond to this post as much as possible so that i can reply and reach my post threshold:lol::lol:

I had originally thought usps was the way we would handle it, but I suppose if you wanted to use UPS that would fine too...I don't know what difference it would make as long as it gets to the next person on the list...

I don't care either way, I'll just say that USPS is easier to deal with. UPS and FedEx have both destroyed packages that I've sent, opened and searched them, etc. USPS has never.

usps here is bogus.....ive had packages held up for 2 weeks at the post office......and i have a p.o box...... i send everything next day air.....so ups works well for me

I appreciate the thoughts RWI...but I had rather keep all postings about the parcel here on THP...I don't go much to any other sites....

Hi Everyone,
Just posting to let everyone know that so far I have Hungarian Death and Pepperocine seeds to contribute to the package (these are hand pollinated to ensure purity of the strain and will be true to the mother plant)...how many seeds of each variety is everyone adding to the package (10,20, etc. of each variety?)---don't want to short-change anyone (-8

Daisy...great news about the seeds being true...excellent...

as far as quantity goes...I would say as many as you can let go of...I am asking people on the trade list to take no more than 5 each variety until they are gone so more people can get some...I think 20 or 25 is the least of any variety I have worked up so far...

if we get finished with the trading parcel, I will start it again after I have looked at it...(since I will be essentially last on the list)...at that time if you want to remove your seeds (if there are any left) on the second go round, I would say that is cool...

LUCKYDOG said:
Awesome both I would like -- Hungarian Death itrigues me Have you grown those before or have tasted one?

Hi Luckydog,

I've grown Pepperocine before, and they are a great mild to medium hot thin-walled stuffing pepper (I stuff them with some good sharp Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese and Prosciutto, drizzle with olive oil and put under the broiler)

The Hungarian Death I got from Amishland Heirloom Seeds
http://www.amishlandseeds.com/peppers.htm
and it is an excellent tasting, hot pepper (I'm not talking Naga hot but quite spicy with a very strong front burn and a nice lingering heat and flavor)....I hope it dries well because it would make an excellent hot-paprika like powder. :mouthonfire:

Hey everyone. I've been away for a week but I was reading the thread and thought of a question.

I have a bunch of plants growing this year but nothing I know will be pure and they are pretty regular varieties. Cayenne, Jalepeno, Orange Habs and a few others. Is it cool to add seeds from these to the package? I was also gonna order some seeds for next year and to contribute.

I am pretty new to growing Chiles so I don't have any of the more 'creative' varieties.

thanks

Believe it or not JJB, on the spreadsheet I am developing for the parcel, one of the column headings is Seed Origin and the note for that column says "Whether you grew it, traded for it, or bought it. If you bought them, supplier name. If you grew it, simply put Isolated or Not Isolated"

Thoughts from the other traders?

You never know what someone else will want. I have been striving so hard for exotic varieties, that I have no "commom" ones. All comers welcome I say.

thats my thoughts too cheezy...what I am going to start the parcel with is all the left over seeds I bought in Nov/Dec 07, which I have a bunch of...when I put my orange hab seeds in, I will definitely indicate they may not be pure strain

AlabamaJack said:
Thanks Pablo but I can't take credit for the idea...I just am getting a new one ready to go for August 15th...you are certainly welcome to get in on the parcel trading if you want...just to take a gander at what is in there...
ok aj,
you can put me on the list,
I can put some Bhut seed in the package now,my old plants are blooming nice on the front porch at home, so i will have some more chile peppers this fall to snack on.
the indoor Fatalii are really pretty plants very dark green foliage and lush,no flowers yet . I will use pablo pollen to do th Fatalii/Bhut F1 if all goes well,but really i just need to get me a good Fatalii plant too and it will be pretty simple.
now those seed would be interesting to try out.

later man
pablo

Back