• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

2009 Pods On Thread

rds,looks like they have a good pod shape,good pedigree

5star,I got them in a trade on this forum.She says they looked the same last year,I'm not sure is she is growing them this year or not.Maybe she will chime in here...I have searched for info on them also and only find green.I have a Black Namaqualand that has similar marks,but it came from Maine,Sayula from Minnesota.

Thanks SS,where exactly is the Heart of Dixie,I think I knew her back in the day...

Serrano,hmmm,their trade value seems to be rising...

lavish,I only overwintered a few plants.7 Pot,Jamaican Scotch Bonnet,Thai,and some freak of a Cayenne that just wont die!

Silver_Surfer said:
Good job on rescuing those from the nursery. Sorry I can't help with the ID. The pods are shaped like an Ancho, but I don't think Anchos produce more than one pod per node.

These have several that have 4 pods on one node. I will just have to see when they are ripe. Three of these are producing like crazy and one dropped all of its flowers, just the ways of nature I guess.

massive yellow congo

IMG_0120.jpg

my hand, for scale

IMG_0122.jpg

:lol:

That's a beast Peppercrazy!I'm glad your my neighbor!Did you make it to the Fest I told you about?I had to work but slipped in at the end,All the sauces were kinda mild to me...Some were tasty tho.
I was motivated to bottle up a couple sauces.Just don't have enough time to experiment enough...Keep up the great work!

It was heavy, surely not a pound though, lol. Had a lot of placental tissue. The yellow congo and a few red chinenses made a GREAT jerk paste. Mouth watering. MMM!

No Tony, I didn't make it, I had all intentions to but my father got very ill on Friday, somewhat better today :). I hope to make it next year.

Great looking pods everyone - some real beauties!
Here's a couple of my latest arrivals.

Thai Dragon (still in 1 gal)
thaiDragon.jpg

Long Chocolate hab
chocHabPods.jpg

Whole choc plant before pods set
habChoc.jpg

An update on the mystery red hab. I've picked 3 ripe ones so far.
crossHab.jpg

c.

Serrano, I will check the stash and see if I have some more sayula seeds left to give you. I bought these plants last year from Brewery Creek here in MN. Unfortunately the man who grew them died and the business is closed and up for sale so have to grow these seeds to spread the plants around. I like the coloring and they had a good jalapeno heat. It's been hectic here so I will let you know once I get a chance to see what's left.

scoville said:
Thanks SS,where exactly is the Heart of Dixie,I think I knew her back in the day...

Heart of Dixie = Bama, it used to be printed on every license plate. Now they use a phrase that mentions someting about falling stars. :-)

peppercrazy said:
my hand, for scale

IMG_0122.jpg

:lol:

caroltlw said:
Thai Dragon (still in 1 gal)

thaiDragon.jpg

Dang, you guys surely have small hands. :D

Silver_Surfer said:
Dang, you guys surely have small hands...

In my case, yes they are on the smallish side. It's 6 1/2 inches from the tip of my middle finger to the crease where my wrist bends. It's my built-in pepper meter. The Greeks and waxes are getting larger now that I'm not eating them waaay early. I'm sure the rain we've had is helping them get fatter.

Here's an actual tape measurement. Greek:
bigGreek.jpg

Wax:
waxxy.jpg

A couple of other late starts.
Tiny aji limon:
ajiLimon.jpg

tiny black scorpion tongues:
BSTpods.jpg

c.

love the nagas........and those congos...........look very similar to the ones i got.........nice droplet pics..........love to take pics when the plant just has a sprinkle of water on them.............looks kool!

Back