• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

2009 Pods On Thread

scoville said:
My Aji Amarillo plant is over 4' tall!I'm wondering if 7 gal. container is large enough?

It's large enough to grow the plant; It just depends on how frequently you wish to water. As the plant gets larger you'll probably be watering every day.

Nice looking plants and color variety.

scoville said:
pix0328.jpg
[/IMG]
Orange Thai.These will be processed into Thai Curry
Hey Sco...you sure those are orange thais?...the orange thais I grew/grow have all grown straight up pointing to the sun...

joeknowsjolokia said:
AJ. were they smaller too? This might be giant thais.They are also red!

yes, they were max 3 inches

Hmmm,I think I was gifted with large Thais at the same time...Don't recall planting them though!Was there a significant taste differece between the Thais?I was looking for Chile specific Thai Curries. Sometimes good things come fro crosses(see Black Thai earlier in this Thread!)
My yellow Thais are pointing skyward,but are still green.

Josh,I was checking them out this afternoon,looked like a couple were starting to turn a bit green.Not a good sign for a black ripening pod but still,not a done deal...Just a geogeous plant regardless!

A few more pods on here.
pix0335.jpg
[/IMG]
Xai Xai- Mozambique
pix0348.jpg
[/IMG]
Antillas Caribbean
pix0344.jpg
[/IMG]
Tiger Teeth-Guyana
pix0345.jpg
[/IMG]
St. Lucia Seasoning

scoville said:
pix0335.jpg
[/IMG]
Xai Xai- Mozambique

Wow! Look at all those shoots. That variety still has and interesting growth habit. Be sure to let me know how it tastes when you get some ripe pods.

Got four of these plants from the nursery for 50 cents each. They lost their id tags and they didn't know what they were. After 2 weeks and being repotted I have pods, just don't know what yet.

Wow Scoville, those Sayula Jalapenos are rediculous! I've googled all I can to find another pic of them ripening, and of course all I can find is green pods. Anyone else grown these and seen this pattern? They're beautiful!

Very nice Scoville. You certainly have an impressive rare collection of beautiful plants and pods. I'll be watching for your colorful updates. :)

rds040800 said:
Got four of these plants from the nursery for 50 cents each. They lost their id tags and they didn't know what they were. After 2 weeks and being repotted I have pods, just don't know what yet.

Good job on rescuing those from the nursery. Sorry I can't help with the ID. The pods are shaped like an Ancho, but I don't think Anchos produce more than one pod per node.

I also want some pods now!! hehe, all the flowering and pods are at my parents house, the ones that i gave them for overwintering instead of discarding.. mmmm, very nice pods AJ and scoville, are all of your plants started this year or are the early flowering/fruiting from overwintered ones??

lavish...all of my plants were started this year...

Back