• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

2015 Pepper Hauls

small harvest this morning to give to a buddy who's peppers didn't work out this year.
image_zpsuebtj6f0.jpeg

My first year and lots learned!  I started off with weak, malnourished seedlings that didn't get enough light.  Then the plants struggled and continued to be malnourished.  One day I fed them and everything changed...BOOM!  They became happy and grew like crazy.  It caused a later season then what I could have had, but fun!

Mostly New Mexico Haul of Joe Parkers, Big Jims, Sandia Selects, serrano, and habs (Most of my chinese are just starting to become ripe):

Well never thought I would be picking peppers on Oct 29 in Central IL, but looks like another 1000 ish + pods to deal with.
Somehow all the hard freezes and frosts went around.  Even though I have pulled up 80% of the plants still got these.  Plants look like crap, most are crippled but still have a few pods.

IMG_20151029_180334307_zps8cf9s0nj.jpg

I got a very late start this year with my Reapers, so as a result my plant has only produced the 2 lonely peppers on the left.

However, the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion plant produced really well, and the ones on the right were just plucked off yesterday.

I moved the Moruga Scorpion into a grow tent in the garage. I am trying to over-winter it so I can start up quickly in the spring.

Attachments

• IMG_7480.JPG
    IMG_7480.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 55
Watch out for that inevitable aphid outbreak. Mine was indoors for like 2 months before they just exploded out of no where. Probably wouldn't hurt to hit them with a little azamax every few weeks to stay ahead of any potential. 

aphids where so bad so quick I ended up giving up and throwing the plants out into the snow 

D3monic said:
Watch out for that inevitable aphid outbreak. Mine was indoors for like 2 months before they just exploded out of no where. Probably wouldn't hurt to hit them with a little azamax every few weeks to stay ahead of any potential. 

aphids where so bad so quick I ended up giving up and throwing the plants out into the snow 

I've released ladybugs into the room in the garage where they are. i'm hoping that does it

i only had 3 overwinters last year and it wasnt that bad actually 
i'm wondering if them never being in the ground, or me waiting so long to bring them in might be something to do with it 

not a big deal to sweep up some ladybugs later

thanks for the heads up   i'll keep my eyes open

:cheers:

G.I.P.

Back