• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2016 - JoeFish Arkansas Grown

I have wanted a garden for awhile now. So Sept. 2013 I picked out a spot and started working on my spot.  All the rest is history.

My grow list... Since I was skeptical about starting seeds I ordered plants.  Hopefully I will start everything myself next year.

A Picture of my Garden spot.  It is about 21' x 27'
1zv9186.jpg

And my soil test....
http://postimg.org/image/n09oi22fn/

JoeFish said:
Thanks for turning them I'll know from now on take them the other way. [emoji106]
No problem. Why is the MOA Scotch Bonnet crossed out? Did none of your seeds germ or did you just change your mind about growing it?

Runescape said:
No problem. Why is the MOA Scotch Bonnet crossed out? Did none of your seeds germ or did you just change your mind about growing it?
I had a bag but 1 seed and it was cracked... [emoji35]

This is one I want to grow. Sawyer is going to hook me up I think.

JoeFish said:
I had a bag with 1 seed but the 1 seed and it was cracked... [emoji35]

This is one I want to grow. Sawyer is going to hook me up I think.
This double posting with this app is kind of frustrating bear with me please guys.

Yep, I have some MoAs headed your way tomorrow.

I also have some of those Pusa Asita carrots to try this year.  I planted some last year, but bugs bunny ate every singe carrot I had last year.  I'm thinking rabbit stew sounds pretty good.

That's a lotta light.  I'm sure your plants will love it.  Where did you get your fixtures?

Is this damping off?! Or did my new light fry them? Never had a seedling do this...
b75db28a94ab62a6781dbbd3bdf889a5.jpg

Most are fine. Some are not. This sucks man.

Sawyer I got all my lights from Amazon. The 2 tube fixtures are HTG Supply and the 8 tube is a Hydrofarm.

It gives off some heat... doesnt seem eccrssive though. I turned off 4 of the lights and I will wait until they get bigger then I can give them more. I killed a few plants but it's ok I have a obsession. [emoji15]

JoeFish said:
It gives off some heat... doesnt seem excessive though. I turned off 4 of the lights and I will wait until they get bigger then I can give them more. I killed a few plants but it's ok I have a obsession. [emoji15]
It gives off some heat... doesnt seem eccrssive though. I turned off 4 of the lights and I will wait until they get bigger then I can give them more. I killed a few plants but it's ok I have a obsession. [emoji15]
Dang I can figure out how to edit a post...

Sorry guys

As Ozzy said, the base of the plant where it enters the ground will shrivel up if the problem is damping off.  Then the plant falls over and dies.  Were these plants under a clear plastic dome until recently?  I've had this happen to my plants if I start them under a plastic dome, then remove it completely once they've started growing.  They get shocked by the sudden drop in humidity.  I've learned to gradually lift the lid a centimeter at a time over a few days to acclimate the plants to the reduced humidity.  No more problems.  If yours haven't recovered yet (and are still alive) I'd recommend putting the dome back in place and then remove it gradually once they've recovered.

No they haven't been under a dome at all. I think they just fried under that light... I raised it up so we will see. Even the little lettuce seedlings aren't liking it right now. Powerful light I guess.

If I keep losing plants I'm going to go cray!

Trident chilli said:
Agree with you .... fried under the light ... raise the height or introduce misting every day ... soil looked very dry
This light is way more powerful than what I'm used to. Learning is hard when your losing good plants...[emoji15]

Back