• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

2016 - JoeFish Arkansas Grown

I have wanted a garden for awhile now. So Sept. 2013 I picked out a spot and started working on my spot.  All the rest is history.

My grow list... Since I was skeptical about starting seeds I ordered plants.  Hopefully I will start everything myself next year.

A Picture of my Garden spot.  It is about 21' x 27'
1zv9186.jpg

And my soil test....
http://postimg.org/image/n09oi22fn/

Still haven't figured out how to easily post pics with this phone but I have started 500 pepper and starting a small market garden business on the side this year!

JoeFish said:
http://i.imgur.com/6ErNmOb.jpg
Maybe this works... here they are
I see it, but only if I click on the url. What I see in your post is: 
Code:
[/img]http://i.imgur.com/6ErNmOb.jpg[/img]
where the url is a link to your image. If you're typing in the code directly on your phone, try removing the "slash" from the leading "img".

If you're using the image button in the post window, it should yield something that looks like:
Code:
[img=http://i.imgur.com/6ErNmOb.jpg]
You should be able to switch between "regular" input mode and the BBCode with the top left button that looks like a light switch. I've noticed, though, that switching back and forth can sometimes screw up the formatting. (Don't know how to control the color highlighting.)

Hope this helps.

Thanks my friend Sawyer! Been awhile... trying to figure out Tapatalk. Updates coming and I hope yall like it.
500 seedlings in soil blocks. Soil blocks are awesome btw...
I'll list variety when I get time I gotsta go to work tonight and I'm running a little late.

818e53e5a1cf97fd8e987ca7b8b4a035.jpg

Since I am doing a market garden I have some boring stuff but I'm going to do a grow just for myself. I got to do some searching on good ole' THP and see what's hot.

Here is my legend if you can read my chicken scratch.
6aca236f2922de71bc785f15c2fcc0b2.jpg
2997245201154c26a6acd1c3baa7be58.jpg

Looks good.  You're ahead of me, but we've got some overlap on varieties.  I'm especially interested to see how the Yellow Monster turns out.  I started some last year, but then dropped the ball on follow through.  I've focused so much on the super hots in the past, I want to explore sweets more.  (Still going to grow a bunch of supers, too.)

Good luck!

Thank you sir! Good luck to you too.

I'm a little embarrassed I started so early but I got impatient.

I'm excited about the yellow monster. Those are mostly sweet for the farmers markets and stuff.

Are there any new supers I need to know about? Gotta source out some seeds for them all of mine are old...

I'm getting pretty antsy to get started, too.  I went through most of my seeds yesterday.  Can't say as I removed all the missing varieties from my list, but I did update it to include newly obtained varieties, mostly sweets, ornamentals and a few new supers.  Hope to start my '16 glog later today or tomorrow and get some seeds started over the weekend.

A lot of my seeds are old, too, and those are the ones I'll be starting first.  One of the hardest things for me to do is throw away old seeds, pepper or otherwise.  I've also had some mold in ziplocks due to inadequate drying.  The biggest problem I've had is pantry moths.  I don't know how they get inside the ziplock, but I've had thousands of seeds destroyed by the larva.  If I were keeping them refrigerated like I know I should, that wouldn't be a problem, but I'm getting to the point I'm going to have to get a separate refrigerator just for seeds.  Or actually, I guess a freezer; I've read the optimum temperature for storage is -18ºC/0ºF w/ seeds dried to 5% or less moisture content.

Some of the "new" supers (for me, anyway) I'm looking forward to growing are Red and Brown Bhutlah, 7P Lava, Devil's Brain, Nagabrain.  I started the latter two last year, but again, dropped the ball on grow-out.  I've also got several mutations from my own garden to continue growing out, 7P Peach, Caramel, and Mustard (the first two from PL's Congo SR Gigantic and the latter from a 7P Brown), a banana-scented yellow bhut, and a peach variant of a "not" Carolina Reaper.  If you're interested in trying any of these, or anything else on my list once I get it up, PM me.  For some of these I have very limited stock, but I should be able to spare at least a few seeds.

Why did you go with Barred Rock Hens?  I've been wanting to get some chickens, but there sure are a lot of breeds to choose from.

At one point, my neighbors had some chickens that looked a lot like the original red jungle fowl.  I watched one of those roosters and a hawk stare each other down once.  They both seemed annoyed I interrupted them.  I don't know what breed they were and the neighbors moved away.

Check your PM.  I put the link in the message, but in case anyone else is interested, I'll put it here, too.  I had a community glog a couple years ago on the banana bhut and have plenty of seed to share.

http://thehotpepper.com/topic/45233-not-white-yellow-bhut-community-grow/

Sawyer said:
I'm getting pretty antsy to get started, too.  I went through most of my seeds yesterday.  Can't say as I removed all the missing varieties from my list, but I did update it to include newly obtained varieties, mostly sweets, ornamentals and a few new supers.  Hope to start my '16 glog later today or tomorrow and get some seeds started over the weekend.

A lot of my seeds are old, too, and those are the ones I'll be starting first.  One of the hardest things for me to do is throw away old seeds, pepper or otherwise.  I've also had some mold in ziplocks due to inadequate drying.  The biggest problem I've had is pantry moths.  I don't know how they get inside the ziplock, but I've had thousands of seeds destroyed by the larva.  If I were keeping them refrigerated like I know I should, that wouldn't be a problem, but I'm getting to the point I'm going to have to get a separate refrigerator just for seeds.  Or actually, I guess a freezer; I've read the optimum temperature for storage is -18ºC/0ºF w/ seeds dried to 5% or less moisture content.

Some of the "new" supers (for me, anyway) I'm looking forward to growing are Red and Brown Bhutlah, 7P Lava, Devil's Brain, Nagabrain.  I started the latter two last year, but again, dropped the ball on grow-out.  I've also got several mutations from my own garden to continue growing out, 7P Peach, Caramel, and Mustard (the first two from PL's Congo SR Gigantic and the latter from a 7P Brown), a banana-scented yellow bhut, and a peach variant of a "not" Carolina Reaper.  If you're interested in trying any of these, or anything else on my list once I get it up, PM me.  For some of these I have very limited stock, but I should be able to spare at least a few seeds.
John I have 2 of your Arkansas Peach Reapers going will save seed form both & can send some seed to you this fall & anybody who might want some

Plantguy76 said:
John I have 2 of your Arkansas Peach Reapers going will save seed form both & can send some seed to you this fall & anybody who might want some

Thanks, Jason.  Somebody who grew it last year, Pulpiteer or jcw10tc, I think, said it was productive and very hot for a peach.  I'll definitely have a few of those going this year.

JoeFish said:
Oh yeah Plantguy I will try some seeds.

These chickens are awesome. Get some if at all possible.

I'll include some of the original stock along w/ the BB.

I have to prepare a place for chickens, too, before getting any.  Justin, did you follow any particular plans or anything for building your pen/coop?  I've had this book in my Amazon cart for awhile.  I guess it's time to pull the trigger on it.

No Sawyer... I did what I always do and wing it. They seem to be happy but have not gave me any eggs. I could not have picked a worse time of year to get them. It is so blasted cold right now.

Plantguy I will sent my address thank you.

Back