• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid 3 crazy crosses from Patrick

I was able to get 2 of 3 crosses eaten today. Will eat and post the 3rd tomorrow at some time. What an enjoyable evening got to try some great peppers and than chatted for must the night with some like minded people.

The possible Fatalii/Bhut Cross:
This was one of the best tasting peppers I have eaten. Its very fruity and citrusy at the same time. Its usually one or the other this one had the perfect hint of each. Here is a picture of the pod:
http://i.imgur.com/847lU.jpg

Wow what a massive pepper this was!!! Extremely hot fruity and an all around great burn that was not too much to handle but stuck with me for a very long time. It didn't hurt my stomach too much either. Cant wait to grow this next year!!! Here are some pics:
http://i.imgur.com/L4lo5.jpg
http://imgur.com/enwc3.jpg

Great tasting on video lazienfat !

I have a question for patrick on these crosses. The first one is called "The possible Fatalii/Bhut Cross" so am I to take it you didn't try to do this cross ? Just from looking at the picture it doesn't look like either one to me. In my mind both the Fatalii & the Bhut Jolokia have the same type of shape. lazienfat's description on the flavor sounds SUPER. It seems you got a winner there.

The other cross sound great too. Did you try to make a cross on this one ? Just trying to learn from you patrick.

Peace,
P. Dreadie

great review as always! that scorpion cross looks amazing! i thought the first one would be a killer but you never know with crosses which traits will come out. the wonderful world of peppers. endless posibilities!

That was fantastic lazienfat, simply freaking fantastic! I don't know how you do it but I'm glad you do. Thanks for letting me in on the fun.

P. Dreadie. None of these were done on purpose. I came up with the B.J./possible Fatalii cross by a process of elimination. The seeds came from a Bhut I grew last year. Original seeds came from CPI and these were right out of the little brown packet. The possible Fatalii connection is other than a yellow habanero I grew last year the Fatalii was the only other yellow pepper I grew. The yellow hab was located several meters away from the Bhuts with the Fatalii right next to them. That's why I asked lazienfat to please say "possible" Fatalii cross. If I do give seeds out I'm going to call it a crossed Bhut Jolokia with an unknown yellow pepper. Flavor is pretty fruity and sweet but the heat isn't there.

The Red Savina/Trini Scorp cross the seeds came from another source. They were given to me as Red Savina seeds. I have three plants that are doing well. Two of them look exactly like they're supposed to but this one has a flattened tail on just about every pod. I have pictures of it on the Growing Peppers Forum. When I got in touch with the original seed provider he suggested that the possible cross came from a Trinidad Scorpion plant as he had the Red Savina's and Trini Scorps growing right next to each other. I hope that answers your questions, if you have any more please feel free to ask.

Great reviews there Laz. Those looked like fun. That Trinidad Savina looked like a mean one for sure. Was the heat immediate, or did it really set in after the swallowing of it?

Great show! I appreciate how informative you are. Wow. I was worried that you were going to squirt some of that in your eye. Thanks for the great video.

Anytime P. Dreadie, glad to do it. I wish I could take credit for them. Someday I'll start with the Frankenpepper stuff and start messing with pepper DNA.

Chris consider it done.

Someday I'll start with the Frankenpepper stuff and start messing with pepper DNA.
If only it were that easy....snip-hack-stitch-stitch-ZAP~

Great videos Lazi' Looking forward to chowing some down with you soon. I know you got me beat though, I can't handle the huge pods like that last one that was over .5 oz.

SL

Alright guys here is the third video, thank you all for the comments I am in the middle of making dinner will come back after and leave some more personal comments thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dORbsokmpAU

Outstanding Ryan! You keep this up and you're going to be a legend. Thank you for taking the time and going through the effort to do this. I really appreciate all of your skills, nerve and cajones!

Back