• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

3CTX's 2015 7 Pot Onslaught

Howdy and welcome folks!!! I decided to keep this glog going for 2015 instead of starting a new one. This year i will be growing mostly 7 pot varieties, going to try and focus on the 7 pot varieties and 7 pot crosses anyway. I have starts for a few others though. The start for 2015 begins on page 35.

Grow list:
7 pot primo (pepperlover)
7 pot jonah (pepperlover)
Defcon 7 (buckeye)
MA daisycutter (buckeye)
7 pot original (pepperlover)
7 Pot Barrackpore (pepperlover)
Sb7j (meathead)
7 pot gigantic sr orange (refining fire)
7 pot wes (refining fire)
Sherwoods Carbonero, carbon bhut 7 pot x orange hab (pepper t sherwood)
Bonda ma Jacques x yellow 7 pot (meathead)
Non 7 pots:
MOA scotch bonnet (meathead)
Smokin Eds carolina reaper (Ed Currie)
Safi Red (buckeye)
Black Hungarian (meathead)
Bishops Crown (pepperlover)
explosive Ember (buckeye)

I think thats it for now. I'm not planning on doing a hydro grow this season but its still to early to tell (probably end up doing one dwc).
i will also be experimenting with topping this year just to see what all the hype is about. Thats all i got for now, thanks again for stopping by any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. Good luck to everyone this year.

Is that a pure heat sauce or do you add additional flavors to sweeten or smoke it?  Looks great either way...  BTW, sorry to hear about your Primo.

Sauce looks tasty, and :hot:

Thanks Scott! Gonna try it here in a bit. I'm sure its hot I didn't wear gloves when cutting the pods and I've had hunan hands for like 4 hrs now.
Is that a pure heat sauce or do you add additional flavors to sweeten or smoke it?  Looks great either way...  BTW, sorry to hear about your Primo.

Only other thing I added was garlic, salt, pepper, shredded carrots, vinegar and agave nectar. I will say I've made a few sauces with no problems but this one had me coughing, hacking and eyes watering

Sometimes the clean up is the worst part. We made a puree with reaper pods last year. Just enough to fill 6 of the 5oz bottles. Cleaning the sieve liked to kill me!

Alright had a little time to spend with the plants today and even made it to the local hydro store. The dude that runs it seems to be a pretty smart feller. The local news station gave him a slot sunday mornings to talk about gardening. Anywho, I was talking to him about a few things mainly how the heat had slowed things down and I have to water quite frequently. He recommended adding this stuff to the soil. so we will give that a shot. Also picked up some tiger bloom to see if that will help some of these flowers set.
And now some plant shots.
I dont think the bhut will ever stop growing cant see in the pic but I've got several branches tied up

The 2 bbg7s are looking a little better and the aphids are diminishing nicely after a few neem treatments.

They are even starting to flower again.

The fatalii dropped a lot of leaves after the last round of pods but its made a nice come back.

And my supervisor gave me a pequin plant thats got quite a few pods on it even some that are ripening!!!!

Thats all for now hopefully we'll get some more superhots soon!!!

Plants look great! Especially with all this heat we've been having down here.

Normally in 2 weeks we start the cooling trend here, I'm more than ready!

Yeah its still hot as hell here but we've had a few tstorms and more rain forecasted all week. I am noticing the sun light shifting on the back patio so hopefully the Temps back there will drop a little soon and some pods will set.

I'm sure you can keep them running until at least December. I did last year. And you should get the best harvests of the season too!

Still not a whole lot goin on here. Plants are lookin ok but still have some aphids hangin around so I picked up some insecticidal soap we will see what that does. Tomorrow I'm gonna try my hand at brewing a compost tea. I'm also gonna start a couple compost buckets to use next year. Wish me luck!

Alright did a little bit of work in the "garden" this morning. I got rid of the dead primo and the two dead scotch bonnets. Got started on one compost bucket, transplanted the hydro bhut to soil and gave it just a little water im gonna give it some compost tea tonight. Thats right I'm trying my hand at compost tea. I got it going about 9 this morning tonight I'll give the hydro bhut transplant a little but im gonna let it brew till tomorrow before feeding the other plants. A couple pics...
Roots before they got trimmed

After the cut.

And the bucket o tea

I'll get a couple pics later when it starts frothing out the bucket!

I'm liking the tea, I need to get some made myself.

Do you have coller weather forecast for Friday and Saturday? We're slated for 85°!

I'm liking the tea, I need to get some made myself.

Do you have coller weather forecast for Friday and Saturday? We're slated for 85°!

Showing mid 80s saturday and sunday with rain. Its not terrible right now we have hade these coastal showers around for a few days that have kept it mostly overcast. I have noticed though my patio faces a north westerly direction and the sun is not on it nearly as long as it was. It was hitting my plants from about 10am till sundown. Now its about 1pm til sundown.

I just got a weather alert via email, it's raining North of us and our county is under a flood watch. Maybe some of the lakes will go up. Medina is at 4%

Damn what sucks is it takes forever for them to fill up and then they are depleted way faster. Mathis was real low forever I mean you could walk a mile in the lake bed before getting to water. We finally got some good rain that took it up near capacity and a month later we are back on stage 2 restrictions.

I really think we're coming around, at least I hope so. It's been far wetter than the last 10 years, we're overdue. But then you know it floods and peeps drive into the high water and die...

The plants getting a little unshaded sun after yesterdays downpours.

Makin some chilli today and threw these in there... should be purty good.

Trying to make a little room in the freezer and pantry, the wife and I are off to houston on friday to check out the houston hot sauce festival. I'm planning on coming home with tons of sauce and hopefully some fresh pods too!!!
Not super hots but seeing red makes me happy.

Looks like most of those babies are still kicking quite nicely. We could sure use some more rain up this way, but we did get a good bit this past Thursday. Tepins are looking good, keep on keepin on!

Had a freakin blast at the houston hot sauce festival today!

Here is the score!

The four reapers on the right were hand picked by this guy!

Who some how managed to talk my wife into trying a piece! She took it better than I expected but held back the pain until we walked away.

Also got to meet this dude, Troy Primo. He was a super cool, down to earth guy. Very friendly dude.

Like I said we had a blast, I'm glad the old ball and chain opened up and tried some hot stuff!!!
Now its time to get drunk and go whack some golf balls!

Back