• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

3CTX's 2015 7 Pot Onslaught

Howdy and welcome folks!!! I decided to keep this glog going for 2015 instead of starting a new one. This year i will be growing mostly 7 pot varieties, going to try and focus on the 7 pot varieties and 7 pot crosses anyway. I have starts for a few others though. The start for 2015 begins on page 35.

Grow list:
7 pot primo (pepperlover)
7 pot jonah (pepperlover)
Defcon 7 (buckeye)
MA daisycutter (buckeye)
7 pot original (pepperlover)
7 Pot Barrackpore (pepperlover)
Sb7j (meathead)
7 pot gigantic sr orange (refining fire)
7 pot wes (refining fire)
Sherwoods Carbonero, carbon bhut 7 pot x orange hab (pepper t sherwood)
Bonda ma Jacques x yellow 7 pot (meathead)
Non 7 pots:
MOA scotch bonnet (meathead)
Smokin Eds carolina reaper (Ed Currie)
Safi Red (buckeye)
Black Hungarian (meathead)
Bishops Crown (pepperlover)
explosive Ember (buckeye)

I think thats it for now. I'm not planning on doing a hydro grow this season but its still to early to tell (probably end up doing one dwc).
i will also be experimenting with topping this year just to see what all the hype is about. Thats all i got for now, thanks again for stopping by any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. Good luck to everyone this year.

Yeah that shade cloth is great for now. I mulched the top of the buckets and put the cloth up now I dont have to water every day. I get about three days.

I have  OW Primo that's flowering well too, just one pod on it. Judging from last season, I'm thinking I'm done for the most part with the heat coming on. We shall see ;)

Hope they set!

Been up here in the hill country all weekend and went to visit my cousin and her husband. They have a pretty awesome garden, didn't take a bunch of pics because I just had the phone. I did have one taken of the sunflowers. For reference im 6'3"

Yep a little over 11 acres I think, just enough to legally shoot a gun on didn't get to do any of that though. Shortly after this pic we were pretty well drunk on absenth.
Anywho just got home and found a few surprises some good and some bad. The little fatalii plant is flowering again.
The two primos are starting to ripen.

The one bbg7 is almost completely ripe, no bleeding yet though.

And then I find this 3 bhuts ruined by something I have no idea what though.

bummer!!
Thats it for now gotta get some rest for work tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by.

Quick little update today. So it looks like the red bhut seeds I planted actually ripen to orange but im not complaining. They look cool and are definitely hot.

And the bleeding on the one bbg7 continues.

The two 7 pot primos are ripening but they are slow. After putting up the shade cloth they are flowering like crazy hopefully we get more to set.

thirdcoasttx said:
Yep a little over 11 acres I think, just enough to legally shoot a gun on didn't get to do any of that though. Shortly after this pic we were pretty well drunk on absenth.
Anywho just got home and found a few surprises some good and some bad. The little fatalii plant is flowering again.
The two primos are starting to ripen.

The one bbg7 is almost completely ripe, no bleeding yet though.

And then I find this 3 bhuts ruined by something I have no idea what though.

bummer!!
Thats it for now gotta get some rest for work tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by.
Check for slugs and snails as they're a likely culprit for those damaged pods. I picked a safi red yesterday that had a similar hole, and found a small snail starting another on the other side of the pod.

Mini update while I have a minute. Work has been super crazy with all this heat. So real quick I think I killed my 7 pot primo by overwatering accidentally.

Got a few more of these bhuts that are ripening orange.

Thats it for now got 2 more days on call hopefully it'll calm down a bit.

Ouch that sucks about the primos. Mine have been looking like that in the smaller pots from the heat. They probably are root bound as $h!t though by now. Sending good vibes your way!
Later!

Heya third coast, haven't heard from ya in a bit. How's your garden lookin. I know it's gotta be hot in your neck of the woods, been in the mid 90s for a week or two here. Still seems cooler than past years. Anyway, hope all is well. Later

Heya third coast, haven't heard from ya in a bit. How's your garden lookin. I know it's gotta be hot in your neck of the woods, been in the mid 90s for a week or two here. Still seems cooler than past years. Anyway, hope all is well. Later

Well I wish I could say things are goin good. Been too damn busy at work its hard to keep up with the garden. As far as temps go I took this reading at work yesterday.

Finally had a little time this morning to inspect the garden and it doesn't look too good.
Bbg7s are infested with these aphid bastards.

Something is still eating the crap out of my bhut and I just pulled the last tiny pod off of it:(

Looks like it will be no fresh pods for me for a while. I'm thinking of starting some more seeds to see if I can get some different pods before our harsh winter strikes in mid january/ early February.

I have the same problem with bugs eating my pods. About 90% of the Peach Bhut and Jay's Peach were lost, they hit the Douglah pretty hard too. Even though the pods are hot, they seem to go for the sweeter pods. I never get to see what does it either???

Those plants will kick back in in about 30 days, flower and pod up again. So you're far from done.

Looks like you're a HVAC tech, a good trade to be in down here ;)

Keep it green!

Edit: BTW sorry about the long time between visits, July was a travel month, and expensive.

Its all good Scott. The hvac business has been keeping me pretty busy I haven't had a lot of time to update and this heat has things at a snails pace. I still have some of the pods you sent in the freezer just got to get time to make some sauce

Well even though my grow is haulted for now. I still get to enjoy the fruits of other thpers labor. Sm1nts2escape sent me this box of pain. I think a bhut/cranberry sauce is in order tomorrow. Those little red ones pack quite the punch, wasn't expecting that.

Still not a whole lot goin on round here. Made a small batch of sauce today. Only thing not fresh is the red bell. Other red pods are from devv and sm1nts2escape, and the jalapeños were grown by our dispatcher.

Back