• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

3CTX's 2015 7 Pot Onslaught

Howdy and welcome folks!!! I decided to keep this glog going for 2015 instead of starting a new one. This year i will be growing mostly 7 pot varieties, going to try and focus on the 7 pot varieties and 7 pot crosses anyway. I have starts for a few others though. The start for 2015 begins on page 35.

Grow list:
7 pot primo (pepperlover)
7 pot jonah (pepperlover)
Defcon 7 (buckeye)
MA daisycutter (buckeye)
7 pot original (pepperlover)
7 Pot Barrackpore (pepperlover)
Sb7j (meathead)
7 pot gigantic sr orange (refining fire)
7 pot wes (refining fire)
Sherwoods Carbonero, carbon bhut 7 pot x orange hab (pepper t sherwood)
Bonda ma Jacques x yellow 7 pot (meathead)
Non 7 pots:
MOA scotch bonnet (meathead)
Smokin Eds carolina reaper (Ed Currie)
Safi Red (buckeye)
Black Hungarian (meathead)
Bishops Crown (pepperlover)
explosive Ember (buckeye)

I think thats it for now. I'm not planning on doing a hydro grow this season but its still to early to tell (probably end up doing one dwc).
i will also be experimenting with topping this year just to see what all the hype is about. Thats all i got for now, thanks again for stopping by any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. Good luck to everyone this year.

Sauce looks killer!

I have those spiders too, I just let them be. I feel they do more good than harm, especially when I saw one feasting on a grasshopper. Good spidey ;)

Is it better than the dragonfruit one? lol...

Yes it is way better than the dragonfruit sauce. Just a hint of mesquite smoke gives it a pretty unique flavor I'm pretty impressed with this one.
Is it better than the dragonfruit one? lol...

Yes it is way better than the dragonfruit sauce. Just a hint of mesquite smoke gives it a pretty unique flavor I'm pretty impressed with this one.
I've seen that spider doing some positive damage so he is allowed to live for now!!
Sauce looks killer!

I have those spiders too, I just let them be. I feel they do more good than harm, especially when I saw one feasting on a grasshopper. Good spidey ;)

No pics today I will try and post some tomorrow. I think the nbd tomato plant has had it with the hot weather its not looking too good so its gone tomorrow. I also plan on potting up the fatalii, which is probably extremely root bound, and getting rid of the scotch bonnets as well. If I get time before going on call tomorrow I'll be putting up some shade cloth to see if we can get some more pods to set on the primo and bbg7. Some exciting news, the solo bbg7 pod has started to change color. Im hoping the shade cloth will deter the damn birds a bit too.

Allright I got the shade cloth put up we will see how it does. Got a few pics to add today.
Lets start with the bad...

Scotch bonnets

Tomato

Ok and now for the good
The bhuts

One of the primos

Bbg7 showing some color

And a group photo

Thanks for stopping by I Hope every one has a great 4th of july weekend. Thank you to those who have fought for our freedoms and everyone be safe!

Nice pods... that sauce looks nice too.  Is it a recipe you've used before?

Thanks. I use the same basic recipe for the sauce, the only thing that changes for the most part is the type of peppers used and this time I smoked them for a bit and used peaches instead of a mango. This one might be my favorite so far, I just ate some with leftover fajitas for breakfast and my mouth is burnin!!!

thirdcoasttx said:
Thanks. I use the same basic recipe for the sauce, the only thing that changes for the most part is the type of peppers used and this time I smoked them for a bit and used peaches instead of a mango. This one might be my favorite so far, I just ate some with leftover fajitas for breakfast and my mouth is burnin!!!

That's awesome.  I had some peach salsa from Texas a few years back, was delicious.

Looks super awesome man, plants look great ...I'm thinking of using one of those shade covers as well...

I have to now the sun is brutal. We are hitting mid 90's with index between 105 and 110. Luckily the shade cloth was fairly cheap at lowes and easy to rig up.
Finally pulled the hydro bhut pod after deciding it was just going to stay orange. It was mighty tasty and plenty hot. I sliced up half of it and put it on a slice of pizza.

Torturing brother in-laws is fun. LOL I see ice in his mouth.

I brought supers to NY last week, one who claims he can eat hot stuff ate most of a Bonda sliced up on half shell clams. He ate it, said it was good, but wouldn't taste any of the others. I think it slammed his gut. But I couldn't belive he at 6 clams with so much pepper on it. I can't handle anything more than slices of the supers. Another one tried a piece of the Bonda, and a piece of a Funky Reaper, which wasn't that hot. He did OK. The third one ate a slice of the not so hot Funky, liked it, and saw a slice of the Bonda (which was really hot). He grabbed it and popped it into his mouth before I could warn him. He had a glass of milk right quick!

That sunshade will do wonders, I can definitely tell which of mine are in full sun versus the shade cloth.

Back