• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

3CTX's 2015 7 Pot Onslaught

Howdy and welcome folks!!! I decided to keep this glog going for 2015 instead of starting a new one. This year i will be growing mostly 7 pot varieties, going to try and focus on the 7 pot varieties and 7 pot crosses anyway. I have starts for a few others though. The start for 2015 begins on page 35.

Grow list:
7 pot primo (pepperlover)
7 pot jonah (pepperlover)
Defcon 7 (buckeye)
MA daisycutter (buckeye)
7 pot original (pepperlover)
7 Pot Barrackpore (pepperlover)
Sb7j (meathead)
7 pot gigantic sr orange (refining fire)
7 pot wes (refining fire)
Sherwoods Carbonero, carbon bhut 7 pot x orange hab (pepper t sherwood)
Bonda ma Jacques x yellow 7 pot (meathead)
Non 7 pots:
MOA scotch bonnet (meathead)
Smokin Eds carolina reaper (Ed Currie)
Safi Red (buckeye)
Black Hungarian (meathead)
Bishops Crown (pepperlover)
explosive Ember (buckeye)

I think thats it for now. I'm not planning on doing a hydro grow this season but its still to early to tell (probably end up doing one dwc).
i will also be experimenting with topping this year just to see what all the hype is about. Thats all i got for now, thanks again for stopping by any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. Good luck to everyone this year.

Looks like you guys had a great time in H-town, sounds pretty freakin awesome to me! My wife would never have tried one of those after I ate a sliver and had a migraine for three days lol, trouper you got there.

That was the first time I tried a fresh one and it was freakin hot!
Glad you had fun in Houston! That's quite a ride for you isn't it?

And cheers to the wife for trying that Reaper slice!

It wasn't too bad we didn't make any stops and got here at around 3.5 hours. Ed said my wife had that deer in the headlights look on her face after she ate it lol. She waited until we walked off to tell me how bad she was hurting. It was a lot of fun!

Houston is about 3.5 hours from us as well. I just figured it would be a longer drive for you, there must be a nice direct route.

I imagine Ed see's that look quite a bit!

Well I had to make a difficult decision the other day... the battle with the aphids got out of control so I decided to let them have this one and ditched most of the plants. The only two I kept are the hydro to soil bhut and the pequin the two least affected. I'm gonna let those two ride it out the rest of the season. For now im gonna spend my free time prepping the grow room for next season which I have decided will be the season of the 7 pots. I've also started a small compost bin so I will be working on that as well as researching better preventive measures against those pesky aphids. Thank you to everyone who followed along this summer and I will still update from time to time on how the two remaining plants are doing!

I'm also having Aphid wars here, I never saw an Aphid on a plant until last year. It seems they come out at the end of August. One thing I've noticed is more ants around here lately, they farm the bastages...

Sorry to read you had to destroy plants. I have 3 set aside that I'll probably play "off with their heads" with.

Well the hydro to soil bhut is putting on some new growth.

And surprisingly the two bbg7s I snapped off are showing signs of life I guess I'll just leave them in the pots for now out of pure curiosity.

I think mid November is when I will start the seeds for next year and I will put them out a little earlier next year. I want to do a season of red seven pots but judy included some cool extras in my last order like peach bhuts and bic so I imagine I'll do one of each. I also have seeds from a carolina reaper pod ed currie handed me at the Houston hot sauce festival so I guess I have to try those also!

I had the opposite problem with my plants this year, the aphids seemed to only be a problem at the beginning of the summer. Hit the plants a few times with dish soap and they never came back. Knock on wood. I'll bet those two snapped plants will put out a little growth before the frosts come on. Been a pleasure following this glog and keep up the good work.

Looks like the bbg7s I chopped might turn into some cool bonchis to ow.

Pequin is putting on a few more pods.

And the hydro to soil bhut has a few flowet buds too.

Not expecting a whole lot out of these plants the rest of the year, but im glad the bbg7s decided to fight back. I guess I'll have to find some cool bonsai pots to put them in.

Alrighty started my bonsai/bonchi project today with the 2 bbg7s that managed to survive. We will see if they survive this!

They aren't very pretty yet but I'm gonna see how they handle the shock before we do anymore root trimming. I am however gonna go clean out the grow room and move them inside tonight. Seeds for next year will be started next weekend!

They look great!

I have to water my one bonchi almost everyday.

I see no reason why they shouldn't make it...

Im just a little worried about all the roots I had to cut... they were root bound in 5 gal buckets

looking good, Third. Did I see that you grew the orange peters this year? I don't remember if you posted any pics of them, how did they do for ya? Bonchis are looking good, keep em green.

I didn't grow out the orange peters I gave those away. The only person I stay in contact with that has one is my dad. His didn't do much this year it flowered like crazy but didn't set one pod. He also didn't pay much attention to it so that was probably the problem.

Ahh, definitely more of a novelty than a prized sauce pepper I'm sure. Thought it would be pretty neat to grow a somewhat indigenous plant that's fairly rare. What are the temps looking like out your way these days?

Ahh, definitely more of a novelty than a prized sauce pepper I'm sure. Thought it would be pretty neat to grow a somewhat indigenous plant that's fairly rare. What are the temps looking like out your way these days?

It's been nice the past few days mid 70's or so. We had quite a bit of rain last week. I heard on the radio this morning more rain the next couple of days and in the 40's at the end of the week!

Sounds like our weather up thisa way. It got down into the 40's a few days this week, especially overnight. Today was marvelous though I think it stayed around 65 all day and feels about perfect out now. Jealous of that rain though, been pretty dry around here.

We had 48° both Sat. and Sun. morning. Got 3/4" of rain last week too.

Now tonight they say...we're in for some real rain. We shall see...

Bruce, it looks like it's already raining at your place..

Back