• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

3CTX's 2015 7 Pot Onslaught

Howdy and welcome folks!!! I decided to keep this glog going for 2015 instead of starting a new one. This year i will be growing mostly 7 pot varieties, going to try and focus on the 7 pot varieties and 7 pot crosses anyway. I have starts for a few others though. The start for 2015 begins on page 35.

Grow list:
7 pot primo (pepperlover)
7 pot jonah (pepperlover)
Defcon 7 (buckeye)
MA daisycutter (buckeye)
7 pot original (pepperlover)
7 Pot Barrackpore (pepperlover)
Sb7j (meathead)
7 pot gigantic sr orange (refining fire)
7 pot wes (refining fire)
Sherwoods Carbonero, carbon bhut 7 pot x orange hab (pepper t sherwood)
Bonda ma Jacques x yellow 7 pot (meathead)
Non 7 pots:
MOA scotch bonnet (meathead)
Smokin Eds carolina reaper (Ed Currie)
Safi Red (buckeye)
Black Hungarian (meathead)
Bishops Crown (pepperlover)
explosive Ember (buckeye)

I think thats it for now. I'm not planning on doing a hydro grow this season but its still to early to tell (probably end up doing one dwc).
i will also be experimenting with topping this year just to see what all the hype is about. Thats all i got for now, thanks again for stopping by any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. Good luck to everyone this year.

Dang Daniel!

Really nice work there, you're weeks ahead of me for sure!

I've been eyeballing those drones for a while. Are they hard to fly? Do you fly it by the cam?

Keep doing what you're doing, you have a fantastic start!

Thanks Scott I was a little worried about them when I started getting the yellowing and curling leaves but a small dose of ff grow big and cal-mag seemed to help alot. I don't think I will be using the fertilome seed starting mix again I haven't been too impressed with it.

I just saw this on the 200qx Facebook page.
Lmao!!
Quad copters are a lot easier to fly than a single rotor heli, much more stable I have both and have been having a ton of fun with this quad. The hardest part to get down is flying in different orientations, nose in, side in and all that good stuff. Right now this one is flown just line of sight and the camera just records where it is pointed. I have decided to do a scratch built quad and I will put an fpv system on that one. My wife is not too thrilled about it but hey she wasn't thrilled when I turned our walk in closet into a grow room either and I'm still alive!!

Thanks for all the positive vibes guys!

:edit:
Just went to water the seedlings, this explosive ember was pretty thirsty but it showed me that it is covered in these little dark purple buds.

I have quite a few of these plants so out of pure curiosity I am not going to pinch these buds.

Little update.
Looks like we might have a baby soon.

That little flower was full of pollen, a few more buds look like they are getting ready to open also.

Here are the two black Hungarians I topped a while back

I got to say I am a fan of topping and pruning now.

Here is a defcon 7 I topped throwing out some new growth.

since I started so early I will probably be topping everything this year. I didn't want to but I guess I will have to do one more pot up before they go outside since everything is getting root bound already.

The second rounders are kicking in to gear now also.

I have more than I can grow so I think I will take a trip to the local hydroponic store and see if they are interested in taking a few, the only peppers they have growing there are cayenne so maybe some super hots will interest them.
That's all I got for now folks.

Lookin good, nice and green. I keep telling myself I should have started earlier, but like you said I got more than I can grow and still two months worth of growth to accommodate in my already cramped space, lol. Probably will be ok in the end, time will tell. Keep on takin care of those babies!

Don't know what's up with photo bucket it's not letting me upload pics at the moment. I have my fist official pod of 2015. That explosive ember has set and it looks like a few more are close behind the first one. As soon as photo bucket stops dicking around I'll gets some pics up.

Well I was going to put the rest of the plants in bigger solo cups today but I was out of soil, went to the nursery early and they didn't open till 10 am, so I went home got lazy and forgot about it.
Any who here are a few pics.

Explosive ember throwing out more pods and flowers.

Here are the plants that were going to get potted up but didn't

I'm glad I decided to top this year I look forward to getting these in their final pots.
Here are a few that did go in bigger pots, reapers, defcon 7, 7 pot barrackpore, 7 pot Jonah, and the black Hungarians

That's it for now my friends, hope every one is doing well.

Lookin good! Those embers are beautimus brotha!

Thank you my friend, how's the weather there in Tyler?
Really looks good man! I see you're in corpus as well. Let me know if botanico is interested in buying your plants. I've been thinking about joining the farmers market, not sure if there's a big enough market for super hots though.

Thank you, I still haven't made it to botanico yet, I need to get over there and pick up some fox farms also. I personally would love to see more superhots and superhot products at the farmers market. We went 2 or 3 weeks ago and there was a lady there with ghost, scorpion, and scotch bonnet jelly. As far as fresh pods the only interesting thing I've seen there was Peter peppers and I don't care too much for the flavor of those.

thirdcoasttx said:
Thank you my friend, how's the weather there in Tyler?
Thank you, I still haven't made it to botanico yet, I need to get over there and pick up some fox farms also. I personally would love to see more superhots and superhot products at the farmers market. We went 2 or 3 weeks ago and there was a lady there with ghost, scorpion, and scotch bonnet jelly. As far as fresh pods the only interesting thing I've seen there was Peter peppers and I don't care too much for the flavor of those.
Yeah I saw they're the only place in town with ffof, apparently they do week long market too. I just bought some habanero peach jam that is really good, not sure if it's the same lady.

how's the weather there in Tyler?

Ahh man is wonderful. 72 and sunny today, I got the plants out soaking up some rays as we speak.

Yeah man the weather is great here at the moment, supposed to turn to shit this weekend though.
Your plants are looking great Daniel! Congrats on the pods! The explosive ember has some beautiful flowers too. 

Thanks brother, I really like the way those flowers look too, hopefully the pods taste alright, hope everything is going alright in your neck of the woods, I'm really looking forward to those banda MA Jacques x 7 you sent me, I'll try and get some pics up later those plants are doing good.
Yeah I saw they're the only place in town with ffof, apparently they do week long market too. I just bought some habanero peach jam that is really good, not sure if it's the same lady.

I heard they started selling local products maybe I'll try and swing by there this weekend.

Just awesome plants!

I'm expecting a great season from what I've seen so far!

And I hear ya about "drones"! I can add to that, "the cloud" and "bullying" (I work for a school district). To me a drone is a military device. OMG! they're still going on about the Whitehouse "drone" on TV. Hah! but I still want one ;)

Just awesome plants!

I'm expecting a great season from what I've seen so far!

And I hear ya about "drones"! I can add to that, "the cloud" and "bullying" (I work for a school district). To me a drone is a military device. OMG! they're still going on about the Whitehouse "drone" on TV. Hah! but I still want one ;)

I'm really looking forward to this season. That whole white house drone incident is crazy. There was a big post on a Facebook quad page I'm on about it. There are too many people with 3 grand to spend on a multirotor that can fly all by itself with gps, without fully understanding how it works. I personally like the fpv racing quads, you don't have to worry about those flying off on their own.

Got everything put in big solo cups now which is where they will stay until it's time to go outside, I give up on pulling flowers on the embers and black Hungarians they just come back ten fold.
Black Hungarian flower

I think all the embers have started setting pods now

I'll get some pics up of everything else soon my grow room is getting a little overcrowded.

Hey, when they're ready to make flowers they will ;)

Looking good!

Thanks Scott, I haven't had a whole lot of time to update so here it goes.

Black Hungarian started putting on pods and I thought about pulling em but I couldn't do it.

Some group photos

Bishops crowns both have some severe leaf curling going on, not gonna worry too much hopefully they straighten out when the go outside.

7 pot original with what appears to be edema, probably do to inconsistent watering, once again not gonna worry too much.

That's it for now!!!

Pretty stunning results, Daniel; you have some bushy little monsters in your grow!

Pretty stunning results, Daniel; you have some bushy little monsters in your grow!

Thanks Paul I was nervous to top them but I'm pretty surprised by the results, hopefully we get some good yields before it gets too hot here.

Back