• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

3CTX's 2015 7 Pot Onslaught

Howdy and welcome folks!!! I decided to keep this glog going for 2015 instead of starting a new one. This year i will be growing mostly 7 pot varieties, going to try and focus on the 7 pot varieties and 7 pot crosses anyway. I have starts for a few others though. The start for 2015 begins on page 35.

Grow list:
7 pot primo (pepperlover)
7 pot jonah (pepperlover)
Defcon 7 (buckeye)
MA daisycutter (buckeye)
7 pot original (pepperlover)
7 Pot Barrackpore (pepperlover)
Sb7j (meathead)
7 pot gigantic sr orange (refining fire)
7 pot wes (refining fire)
Sherwoods Carbonero, carbon bhut 7 pot x orange hab (pepper t sherwood)
Bonda ma Jacques x yellow 7 pot (meathead)
Non 7 pots:
MOA scotch bonnet (meathead)
Smokin Eds carolina reaper (Ed Currie)
Safi Red (buckeye)
Black Hungarian (meathead)
Bishops Crown (pepperlover)
explosive Ember (buckeye)

I think thats it for now. I'm not planning on doing a hydro grow this season but its still to early to tell (probably end up doing one dwc).
i will also be experimenting with topping this year just to see what all the hype is about. Thats all i got for now, thanks again for stopping by any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. Good luck to everyone this year.

thirdcoasttx said:
Had a dream last night that I had ripe pods on my seedlings!! That would be nice. First one up on the second round is an moa scotch bonnet followed closely by a 7 pot wes. I guess I need to get my second t5 fixture back in place.

had the same dream a few days ago then i woke up :[
plants looking good

Looking good!

I'm way behind for this up and coming season. Note to self: no traveling next year during December!

Thanks Scott, I'm sure your garden will still kick ass!
Nice..,

Thank you sir!
had the same dream a few days ago then i woke up :[
plants looking good

I know I was pretty bummed when I woke up. Thanks!

Well time for a mini update. Photobucket has been acting up lately but I finally got a few pics to upload.
The 7 pots are a little slow growing right now but they are doin alright. The bishops crown and black hungarians are growing super fast though.

Black hungarian

Group photo

Explosive embers are doing well also
I'm really diggin these so far

All the other 7 pot babies are doing well also.

I have one more variety I want to get in the dirt this weekend the sherwoods carbon bhut 7 pot. Christmas will be here soon and I've still got shopping to do!!! That's all I got for now folks.

Very nice Daniel!

You're way ahead of the curve for sure.

Keep it green!

Thanks Scott I'm almost worried they might get too big before its time for plant out!

I'm also considering using root pouches but I wish I could find some locally so I can see the physical size of them. I would like to be able to grow out more plants than last year but don't really want to reduce the size of the containers.

thirdcoasttx said:
Thanks Scott I'm almost worried they might get too big before its time for plant out!

I'm also considering using root pouches but I wish I could find some locally so I can see the physical size of them. I would like to be able to grow out more plants than last year but don't really want to reduce the size of the containers.

Hopefully I haven't already posted this here...I made my own from these directions:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=262977

Bought the underlayment from:

http://www.123ponds.com

I made 8 20 gallon bags for around $40. In my second year and they're still tough...

Hopefully I haven't already posted this here...I made my own from these directions:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=262977

Bought the underlayment from:

http://www.123ponds.com

I made 8 20 gallon bags for around $40. In my second year and they're still tough...

Thanks Scott I might just give that a shot.
Just got back from my moms up in the hill country for an early Christmas celebration. Had a great time with the family, got to meet my newborn nephew finally, and my stepdaughter lost her first tooth on the ride home. It was a pretty good weekend. Got to go water the babies and I'll try and get some pics up later hope everyone has a great Christmas!
:edit: How bout them Cowboys baby!!!!

Well I hope everyone had a very merry and blessed Christmas. Got a few pics to put up today.

The black Hungarians are still in the lead big time. 2 in the back right.

They both have little shoots coming out of the cotys couldn't get a great pic of it but here it is.

One of em grew a little too close to the lights.

The ec reapers are doing pretty good.

Still loving the explosive ember.

Now a few concerns I have... mainly with the soil, I went with fertilome seed starting mix and I got to say I am not really digging it. It was very hydrophobic at first and now it seems like a freaking sponge even with 2 fans going in the room the top stays wet for a long time, even when bottom watering. Notice the mold growing on top.

I know these plants are still young and probably don't need many ferts but I am noticing a little yellowing of some leaved and also a little curling. I don't know if this is from lack of nutes or a water issue.

I gave a couple of them a very weak dose of botanicare metabolic grow so we will see what that does.

Any who here is a shot of the rest of the babies. In a few days I am going to sort out the 7 pots from non 7 pots. Thanks for stopping by!!

Lookin stellar 3c, and some awesome photos. Hope you and your fam had a merry Christmas.

Thanks brother we had a great Christmas hope you and yours did the same and happy new year to you as well.

Just a quick pic from this morning.
This little black Hungarian thinks it's time to reproduce. Not quite yet we have not had the birds and the bees talk yet.

Howdy fellers hope everyone had a fun and safe new years eve! I am celebrating today (because I was on call yesterday) with some slow cooked, mesquite smoked beef ribs, chicken quarters, sausage and charro beans!!! And beer. I decided to do things a little different this year. I am going to go with smaller containers in hopes of keeping more varieties in the little space I have. That being said some of my first rounders are already outgrowing the small solo cups so I did a little topping and pruning today. Next weekend I will move them in to bigger cups. I also gave a few of them a little dose of miracle grow tom food and some cal-mag to see if it helped with the yellowing and curling leaves. They don't look any worse so we will update on that in a week or so.

Topped and pruned black Hungarians and bishops crown.

The explosive embers are trying to flower also

Did a slight topping of those although they seem like they will be bushy little bastards anyway.

Group photo

The second rounders are coming along slowly but surely. I still don't like this soil, gonna go botanico tomorrow and see if they have a better mix.

Added another toy to my other obsession (anything that can be flown remotely)

Maybe get some aerial footage of this year's peppers later on this season?

Happy new year to everyone!!! I wish you all success in everything you do in 2015.

Saweet, everything's lookin nice and green on here. Food sounds delicioso. Love the heli, my wife got us a one of those cheapo remote helicopters for Xmas. Keep takin care of those babies.

Best way to get started!!! I've flown a few different helis but I immediately fell in love with this quad. I'm looking in to building an fpv quad from the ground up.

Dang Daniel!

Really nice work there, you're weeks ahead of me for sure!

I've been eyeballing those drones for a while. Are they hard to fly? Do you fly it by the cam?

Keep doing what you're doing, you have a fantastic start!

Back