• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

3CTX's 2015 7 Pot Onslaught

Howdy and welcome folks!!! I decided to keep this glog going for 2015 instead of starting a new one. This year i will be growing mostly 7 pot varieties, going to try and focus on the 7 pot varieties and 7 pot crosses anyway. I have starts for a few others though. The start for 2015 begins on page 35.

Grow list:
7 pot primo (pepperlover)
7 pot jonah (pepperlover)
Defcon 7 (buckeye)
MA daisycutter (buckeye)
7 pot original (pepperlover)
7 Pot Barrackpore (pepperlover)
Sb7j (meathead)
7 pot gigantic sr orange (refining fire)
7 pot wes (refining fire)
Sherwoods Carbonero, carbon bhut 7 pot x orange hab (pepper t sherwood)
Bonda ma Jacques x yellow 7 pot (meathead)
Non 7 pots:
MOA scotch bonnet (meathead)
Smokin Eds carolina reaper (Ed Currie)
Safi Red (buckeye)
Black Hungarian (meathead)
Bishops Crown (pepperlover)
explosive Ember (buckeye)

I think thats it for now. I'm not planning on doing a hydro grow this season but its still to early to tell (probably end up doing one dwc).
i will also be experimenting with topping this year just to see what all the hype is about. Thats all i got for now, thanks again for stopping by any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. Good luck to everyone this year.

Man I don't know why I didnt start a hydroponic grow sooner. This bhut has only been in the dwc for a little over a month and I have a feeling it's going to be a beast.

Roots

Undergrowth starting to branch out.

The plants I just put outside seem to be doing good. Even though they are pretty much fenced in they are still getting a taste of this south texas 20-30 mph wind.

That bhut is going to be amazing!  Nice work; I will have to look into the hydroponics to see the differences for myself.

That bhut is going to be amazing!  Nice work; I will have to look into the hydroponics to see the differences for myself.

Thanks buddy! I have a bhut in a 5 gal bucket with soil that seems to be doing well also it started putting on flower buds the same time as the hydro. Only difference I can see is its shorter and doesn't have as much undergrowth. I guess I will have to start comparing the two a little more often to see what differences there are.

Wow its amazing what a few days away from your babies will do. My seedlings are looking great. Well except right now with these damn cold fronts! Got home from our getaway and had to stake the seedlings to keep the wind from folding them in half. Sun supposed to be out tomorrow and the wind is supposed to die down so I'll post some pics then!

The hydro bhut's looking real healthy! Great job. And congrats on the fatalii pods. It's funny how they keep dropping flowers while you're anxious for pods, just to start setting pods when you're ready to give up. 

The hydro bhut's looking real healthy! Great job. And congrats on the fatalii pods. It's funny how they keep dropping flowers while you're anxious for pods, just to start setting pods when you're ready to give up. 
Thanks man I was seriously ready to ditch that plant but I'm glad I didn't. The hydroponics is a lot of fun, its so much easier than I thought it would be.

Plants are looking super!

Congrats on the poddage too.

I feel ya about the wind, it's been really windy this spring.

Good luck this season!

Damn I wish my bhut's were that big! That thing's looking like it'll be a monster! I'd really love to try a hydro plant, but pretty sure I've hit my limit for growing equipment this year lol. May have to wait til next season.
Congrats on the bonnet pods too. It's always exciting finding new pods, seems to make all the worries melt away, and all the hard work finally mean something. Great job!

Thanks man I wasn't planning on doing a hydro till next year but when I found out there was a hydro store a couple miles down the road.... yeah that changed and I may have gone a little over budget. Appreciate the good vibes!

Nute refresh on the dwc today.
Roots

Plant

I found a few unwanted pests on the outdoor plants today looks like white fly and possibly a few aphids I was only able to get a shot of one. I hit them with a concoction of water dishsoap and a little rubbing alcohol. I might have to go pick up some neem.

I almost forgot. I had a couple extra pots so I figured I'd see what else I can grow. In one pot I threw in pickle bush cucumber seed and in a rectangle planter I did half green onion half cilantro seeds. After about three days I got a few cucumber sprouts. Nothing in the other yet.

That hydro bhut looks awesome! And that could be a whitefly in that pic, bit hard to tell though. I tried neem on them last year, but it didn't really do much for me on the whiteflies. One thing that did succeed for me was I had some lacewings turn up and lay some eggs on a few of my plants, and after they hatched the larvae tore into them. Not sure if they attacked the adults or not, but the plants with lacewing larvae quickly had no whitefly problem anymore. They're great for aphids too.
Good luck on the other seeds! 

Back