• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

3CTX's 2015 7 Pot Onslaught

Howdy and welcome folks!!! I decided to keep this glog going for 2015 instead of starting a new one. This year i will be growing mostly 7 pot varieties, going to try and focus on the 7 pot varieties and 7 pot crosses anyway. I have starts for a few others though. The start for 2015 begins on page 35.

Grow list:
7 pot primo (pepperlover)
7 pot jonah (pepperlover)
Defcon 7 (buckeye)
MA daisycutter (buckeye)
7 pot original (pepperlover)
7 Pot Barrackpore (pepperlover)
Sb7j (meathead)
7 pot gigantic sr orange (refining fire)
7 pot wes (refining fire)
Sherwoods Carbonero, carbon bhut 7 pot x orange hab (pepper t sherwood)
Bonda ma Jacques x yellow 7 pot (meathead)
Non 7 pots:
MOA scotch bonnet (meathead)
Smokin Eds carolina reaper (Ed Currie)
Safi Red (buckeye)
Black Hungarian (meathead)
Bishops Crown (pepperlover)
explosive Ember (buckeye)

I think thats it for now. I'm not planning on doing a hydro grow this season but its still to early to tell (probably end up doing one dwc).
i will also be experimenting with topping this year just to see what all the hype is about. Thats all i got for now, thanks again for stopping by any and all comments are welcomed and appreciated. Good luck to everyone this year.

Alrighty folks I finally made some more hotsauce. Got the original recipe from a thread texas blues did a while back but we tweaked it just a bit. I used 4 fatalii pods and a pinch of douglah powder judy threw in my last order for the heat. I also decided to add a little dragon fruit and agave nectar along with the mango. Gonna let it sit till tomorow before tasting it!

Looks like some good sauce!  I have a bunch of pods coming on at long last, so will have to do something similar myself.  Thanks for the ideas...

Cool more pods!

Don't know if we can fire up the BBQ today, it's raining. A rare event here!

Enjoy it while it lasts! We had a few showers early this morning and a 30 percent chance all week but thats not gonna hold me back, chicken legs, sausage, and charro beans today maybe a fresh scotch bonnet also!

Update on the sauce. Pretty good as far as sweetness to heat ratio maybe a little more heat but not much. I'm a salt person and I did not put enough salt!!!! I guess I'll just add it as needed for now but will right it down in the recipe book!
:spelling edit: write!

thirdcoasttx said:
Thanks meathead! Cut open the fatalii I pulled today and after harvesting some seeds for a fellow THPer, I chomped half of it. My personal opinion fatalii are definitely hotter than habs!!! Look at the oil in this pod!
That's been my experience as well. All the fatalii's I've tried have been hotter than habs. Absolutely love the flavor though. Makes a great powder for seafood too.
If you're still interested too, my black Hungarian seeds are ready.

Here is the one lonely hydro bhut. This plant is dropping tons of flowers every day but new blooms every day also. Hopefully soon it will load up. The container bhut has about 30 blooms so maybe some of those will set too. Have one open flower on a bbg7.

^
wow, thats a neat lookin pod, are you planning to try it or use it in some hot sauce?

My gut instinct is to try it being that it is the first hydro pod. I'm not one of those crazy chili heads that eats whole pods (not yet at least). So I'll find a friend to split it with.

Back