• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

outdoors a fishing thread

Few Speckle trout from the kayak today between storms.
55d85fe16f03a472fed993cd3956db5c.jpg

Fishing is my #1 hobby! And luckily for me,theres a few musky lakes within an hours drive of my house. Those and pike are mainly what I target. I also have a River right in my backyard.

Ill try to post a couple of pics.

And heres my #1 fishing partner.

Attachments

• F688AFA8-2BAF-4E09-B24E-91C2144773F7.jpeg
    F688AFA8-2BAF-4E09-B24E-91C2144773F7.jpeg
    117 KB · Views: 65
  • AAB139E0-4D36-4F3C-822A-15AA0757EAF6.jpeg
    AAB139E0-4D36-4F3C-822A-15AA0757EAF6.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 58
I love the smell.

Of pike.

When they come out of the water.

In hand.

Pan fried pike for breakfast.

In Alaska.

That made my day.

Catchem' up!

Perch in MN used to be what the outfit that passes for a Dept of Natural Resources called rough; In other words, no limit. Then, one day, some tourist who was fool enough to pay a ridiculous non-resident license fee started telling folks that they "taste just like chicken walleye!", and now there's a limit and you can't cut bait with 'em no mo'....

Pop's big fish.jpg

You just watch, next it'll be carp!!!

texas blues said:
Badass fisherman.

Dudes wearing a wet/dry suit.

Rod.

Line.

Hook.

Fish.

Neanderthal.

No reel with a drag.

Muscle.

And guts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G11kBwGQhvo

The joint reminds me of the Kispiox in B.C.

Gods River.

Where Jesus goes to fish.

Steelhead.

Jesus fish.

When they panned the length of that rod at the beginning I lost it. Funny and equally impressive. Your shtick adds some comedic value too. That is probably a first in tenkara fishing.

I'm all for testing the human spirit as well as defying the status quo. I wonder what effects this type of angling has on catch and release though. Salmonids are pussies. They may fight hard,but their mortality rate is ridiculously high,even with proper handling.

Pr0digal_son said:
When they panned the length of that rod at the beginning I lost it. Funny and equally impressive. Your shtick adds some comedic value too. That is probably a first in tenkara fishing.

I'm all for testing the human spirit as well as defying the status quo. I wonder what effects this type of angling has on catch and release though. Salmonids are pussies. They may fight hard,but their mortality rate is ridiculously high,even with proper handling.

As an Alaskan fishing guide.

I disagree.

Took the boat out yesterday, it was first time in a while so I was really keen to get stuck into some fish.
h7NFnDY.jpg

Flathead #1
V7rglJT.jpg

Flathead #2
w23FvF4.jpg

One of two squid, this one followed a Flathead up to the boat and then decided to latch onto my shiny dive ladder, so I reached into the water and caught it by hand.  :rofl:
bQG4YOO.jpg

Sunset, just before heading in.
qboNe3x.jpg

The days catch between me and a mate. Unfortunately they went into the freezer for another day, with all of my Christmas plans they will have to wait to hit the pan.
rwHpF0x.jpg

SR.

Gimmee those cuttlefish.

I know what to do.

The flatheads.

I'd bread and deep fry those too!

With loads of lime and lemon wedges.

Got dang.

That is some good food.

Back