• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

outdoors a fishing thread

Fishing.

For Texas bluegills.

Today.

Took my Tenkara Sato.

Furled leader.

5x tippet.

One fly.

Size 18 mosquito.

I quit counting the fish caught.

Probably about 50 in 3 hours.

Most all were smaller than my hand.

And a few red breasted.

No pics of the fish.

I was too busy releasing them and didn't want to stress them too much.

But here is one pic.

San Gabriel River.

Georgetown, TX.

5 minutes from my casa.

Home waters.

IMG_2046.JPG

I'll be there again tomorrow.

I need a GoPro.

Rajun Gardener said:
Imma do a video of my city fishing trip soon, been busy as hell lately plus a cold and scrud up my back. Tomorrow I gotta run to Crowley and help my Sis set up for the Rice Festival. I might get some shots along the way. I'm sure some farmers are flooding crawfish fields for next season.

Dude.

City/urban fishing rocks!

What camera for the video?

Use some crickets!!! Works for me in every state I fished.

I made a crappy video of the drive to Crowley La to help My Sis set up her booth for the Rice Festival. It's the 83rd Annual International Rice Festival, that means it's a holiday in riceland and another reason for Cajuns to party. I did edit it a little and added music to make it entertaining. It's long but it gives you a view of the landscape and wildlife.

OH, I also stopped at a fab shop and showed some crawfish boats.

https://youtu.be/9W3AmCATKac

Two weeks ago, I was able to get out for one more trip.  My initial plan was to hit the lake at 7:00 A.M. on Saturday the 19th, but I had commitments the night before and wasn’t able to check into the hotel until late.  I was also starting to come down with a cold and needed a little more rest, so I slept in a little.  No harm at all as it was 28 f at 7:00 A.M.  Nothing would have been biting and It would have been unbearable on the water.  It was around 10:00 A.M. and nearly 40 f by the time I got to my favorite spot.  An hour later, the temps maxed out to around 55-58, where it remained all day.  I got a few bites early in the afternoon but couldn’t set the hook on anything.  It was a gorgeous day on the water, but I had almost no luck.  Around 6:00 P.M., just before sunset, the fish finally started biting.  I landed this Yellow Perch and Pumpkinseed sunfish almost back to back:

ITLbrXI.jpg

The problem was that I had to get the boat in before dark, and I was dead tired, so I called it a day.

Enjoy these scenery pics as well:

0SrLx1Z.jpg

pWKgS0u.jpg

UyhTcM6.jpg

cacOkBK.jpg

whlpkE7.jpg

I’m not officially calling an end to the 2019 season, but now it gets colder every day in upstate New York and the days are getting shorter, so I won’t have many more opportunities before next spring.

luvmesump3pp3rz said:
CR, really nice catches there. what is the orange colored fish your boy is holding? 

CaneDog said:
That's a golden trout, isn't it?  And he's got a nice brown trout in that other pic.  I'm wondering where you guys caught those two.

Killer sheepshead and drum too.

and, and... 

Good stuff!
It is a Golden Rainbow, a hybrid that is stocked.

We visit my wife's sister in NE PA, she lives in a nice cabin right on Bushkill Creek which is an awesome trout stream.

Back