• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

A really simple quiz

rainbowberry said:
8. You're in a cabin in the forest and it's pitch black. You have just one match on you. Which do you light first- the newspaper, the lamp, the candle or the fire?

again, I still say how its worded theres no wrong answer.
which do you light 1st ? the newspaper, the lamp, the candle or THE FIRE ? using the word " the " in this question is talking about an object & if theres a fire already going you DO NOT need to waste your match to light a fire - key words to use instead would be "light a fire" not light THE fire. theres a fire already going so you cant light fire to fire!

better way of writing it would of been " or a fire" but then lighting fire to newspaper,candle,match is lighting a fire. so really best to leave the whole "fire" part out ;)

so in my eyes the only correct answer is - no need to waste a match because theres a fire already going!

Dethwind said:
How many animals of each sex did Moses take on the ark?

How many two cent stamps are there in a dozen?

Is there a Fourth of July in England?

How many birthdays does the average man have?

How many outs are there in an inning?

One morning the soldier who had been on sentry duty the night before asked to see his centurion. "Last night I dreamed that hordes of barbarians would sweep down from the north and attack our fort tonight," he reported. The centurion wasn't quite sure that he believed in prophetic dreams, but decided to double the patrols just in case. That night, the barbarians made their attack, but thanks to the extra patrols they were easily defeated. After the battle, the centurion thanked the soldier for his warning and then confined him to barracks until the Ides of March as a punishment. Why?

1) moses none it was noah, so zero.

2) 12

3) yes

4) 1

5) 6

6) because he did his wife :lol:

hot canuk - again its how its worded! THE fire - meaning light the fire on fire ! so tell me how you light fire to fire ? theres a fire already going so no need to waste the match! ;)

if you want to light " A fire " then yes you need to light something to START A FIRE. something like light the wood/kindle/paper to get a fire or simple english to you " to light a fire "

THE fire was hot - THE fire is close - THE fire is big --- using the word " THE " in front of " fire " means its an object or it already exsists! just like light THE newspaper or THE candle they're objects & the exsist at that moment!

& again lighting the match would be FIRE! so even if you want to use the stupid wording " light the fire " well you just made fire by lighting the match. the word fire should of never been used in this mind twister!

Two people who have never seen each other meet at the New York Embassy. They decide to have drinks together in a nearby bar. One of them is the father of the other one's son. How is this possible?

A 10 foot rope ladder whose rungs are one foot wide is hanging over the side of a boat. At this time there is only 1 foot of ladder under the water. It now begins to rain heavily, if it rains at the rate of 1 foot every two hours, how many hours will it take to cover half of the ladder?

I have 2 coins totalling 55 cents, one is not a nickel. What are the 2 coins?

*Remember the plane question has no maths involved at all. Just think when the planes meet which is closer to Paris?

Go ahead and put your answers in if you want, it's a fun game. First come first served if you like.

* You're a naughty boy Omri ;)

1. the son is adopted

2. its a boat silly, it'll float at the same level. oh & width doesn't count either {hears the ladies chuckle}

3. obviously i need another bourbon.

rainbowberry said:
I have 2 coins totalling 55 cents, one is not a nickel. What are the 2 coins?

one is not a nickel but the other one is...so it would be a nickel and a 50 cent piece

You're right on the second one Bent (so length dosen't count either ;) ?) and AJ got the third one.

As for the first question that could be an answer but there is another answer and no adoption is involved.

Back