• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

A really simple quiz

I never thought of sperm donor so that could be right. The answer I have got is what you've just said Bent. The people are husband and wife, both blind since birth. I thought at first they'd been to some kind of fetish party and were dressed up so they hadn't really seen each other :oops:

1. A man and his son are driving home from a basketball game when they have a terrible accident. The man is taken to the emergency room for treatment and the boy is taken straight to the operating table. The surgeon comes over to the operating table, sees the boy and says "I can't operate on this patient, he's my son!" How can this be?

I think this one will be really easy and a lot of you will have heard it before.

2. You are attending a party with some friends when one of them states that there is something in the room that everyone can touch with either of their hands, but you can only touch with your left hand. What is it?

3. A man was critically wounded during a vicious fight in 1958, he died and was buried in 1957. How is this possible?

Do you have a puzzle book or something? good to know you're into intellectual challenges, even simple one.

rainbowberry said:
1. A man and his son are driving home from a basketball game when they have a terrible accident. The man is taken to the emergency room for treatment and the boy is taken straight to the operating table. The surgeon comes over to the operating table, sees the boy and says "I can't operate on this patient, he's my son!" How can this be?

The surgeon is his mother.

2. You are attending a party with some friends when one of them states that there is something in the room that everyone can touch with either of their hands, but you can only touch with your left hand. What is it?

Your right elbow.

3. A man was critically wounded during a vicious fight in 1958, he died and was buried in 1957. How is this possible?

It was in the BC's.

No Omri we found them in a magazine one lunch time and it's been lying around ever since, there's only a few left. Pam's right again.

Here's the last of them:

1. Because cigars cannot be entirely smoked, a poor man who collects cigar butts can make a cigar to smoke out of every 5 butts that he finds. Today, he has collected 25 cigar butts. How many cigars will he be able to smoke?

2. How can a woman living in New Jersey, legally marry 3 men, without ever getting a divorce, be widowed, or becoming legally separated? (I expect a lot of you have heard this one before)

3. A woman goes into a hardware store to buy something for her house. When asked the price, the clerk replies, "The price of one is twelve cents, the price of forty-four is twenty-four cents, and the price of a hundred and forty-four is thirty-six cents." What does the woman want to buy?

4. In your sock drawer, you have a ratio of 5 pairs of blue socks, 4 pairs of brown socks, and 6 pairs of black socks. In complete darkness, how many socks would you need to pull out to get a matching pair of the same colour?

rainbowberry said:

1st question it doesnt say if the kid is that mans biological son or adopted son, SO yes his mom can be 1 of the right answers BUT not the only 1

2nd question, the right elbow is not the only answer, because you cant touch your right forearm or right upper arm with your right hand ! & how you want to look at it you cant touch your right hand with your right hand either (? how you want to interpret that part). SO the answer would be your whole right arm from shoulder down.

rainbowberry said:
Here's the last of them:

1. Because cigars cannot be entirely smoked, a poor man who collects cigar butts can make a cigar to smoke out of every 5 butts that he finds. Today, he has collected 25 cigar butts. How many cigars will he be able to smoke?

2. How can a woman living in New Jersey, legally marry 3 men, without ever getting a divorce, be widowed, or becoming legally separated? (I expect a lot of you have heard this one before)

3. A woman goes into a hardware store to buy something for her house. When asked the price, the clerk replies, "The price of one is twelve cents, the price of forty-four is twenty-four cents, and the price of a hundred and forty-four is thirty-six cents." What does the woman want to buy?

4. In your sock drawer, you have a ratio of 5 pairs of blue socks, 4 pairs of brown socks, and 6 pairs of black socks. In complete darkness, how many socks would you need to pull out to get a matching pair of the same colour?

1) 6

2) shes a priest that can legally marry couples

3) dont make sense

4) 1 pair (2 socks) because my socks are in a bundle together & I can grab a matching pair in complete darkness ;):lol:

chilehunter said:
2nd question, the right elbow is not the only answer, because you cant touch your right forearm or right upper arm with your right hand ! & how you want to look at it you cant touch your right hand with your right hand either (? how you want to interpret that part). SO the answer would be your whole right arm from shoulder down.

I can touch my right upper arm below my shoulder with my right hand, I thought everyone could :shocked:

You got questions one 1 & 2 right, but you haven't got 3 & 4. BTW my socks are matched together already too.

RB - ok you can touch your upper arm with the same hand, but not talking about touching the shoulder muscle, & like I was kinda talking about you cant touch tour right hand with your right hand - you can touch your right palm with your right hand fingers but the meaning of right hand is everything - fingers,palm,thumb. so it cant be done.

so the way I see it, it'd be your whole right arm from shoulder down.

your #3 question
well whatever the object is that she was given the price to, for X amount of quantity. if she bought 1 its .12 cents - if she bought 44 the price is .24 cents - if she bought 144 of them the price would be .36 cents
so whatever the object is, thats what she might buy but she might just be asking since she likes those objects but still needs to find what she really went to the hardware store for - you know how women shop ;):lol: & I cant tell you what object she wants to buy because no objects were ever mentioned.

your question #4
2 socks! if the person organized the colored socks in their seperate pile, then they know which pile has which color of socks.
then the fact of plain ol' luck & picked 2 socks that match on the 1st try. or 3 socks to get 2 to match, or 4 socks to get 2 to match. this questions has several answers that can be correct.
& if they were smart enough they'd just turn on the lights :D

or wait is the answer you're looking for is 2 because in the dark they're all the same color, because you cant see them & they match no matter what in the dark ;)

can you correctly answer that last question I posted ? (in other post)

RB - you do know I'm just joking around, its just some of those question can have multiple answers.
you're probably getting mad at me & saying stuff like - just STFU & answer the question!:mad:
:D :P

I'll work it out when I'm sober, but how come the animals didn't eat each other? One of your answers in Q4. is right and it's not 2.

* I'll guess a tipsy 0 for the Noah's ark question.

RB - why the animals didnt eat each other ?
they were in their own seperate cages/pens. & in theory there was plenty of food to feed the animals so they didnt eat each other.

better question would be, how come Noah & his family didnt eat any of the animals ?

but the answer I was looking for is - you cant answer that question!
why ?
because when you break it down between the 2 genders - male/female. which the question is asking " How many animals of each sex "

the answer would be the number of species of animals noah brought on the ark ( 1 male & 1 female of each species)
unless you know how many species of animals he brought on the ark ?
otherwise it cant be answered.

chilehunter said:
RB - why the animals didnt eat each other ?
they were in their own seperate cages/pens. & in theory there was plenty of food to feed the animals so they didnt eat each other.
I asked an 11 year old that question and that's what he said. He got lighting the match(in a cabin) one too instantly. I guess younger people just see it how it is without trying to use maths etc..

RB - well it'd be true, if an animal is fed enough theres no need for them to kill another animal to eat, its logic.
but you could also say some animals kill even without the need to feed, to answer that part - all the animals were under Gods control since he sent them to noah & then made sure they didnt eat each other.

I'd be looking at some of those animals & thinking about the steaks I can get from them :lol:

you can make a fire on a wooden ship without the ship burning. I think noah would needed to make a fire for whatever reason food/water/warmth

what does math have to do with animals or the ark ?
as for " maths " how many different mathematical subjects are you talking about ? since putting the " S " after math makes it plural & means you are speaking of more than 1
so " math " or " mathematics " would be correct when talking about it in general :P
just razzing you because you brits & aussies razz us americans how we speak :P

also are you implying that I'm younger, like a kid ? well I'm about your age. logic & common sense knows no age limit, you do know there'd be stalls on the ark. you cant have a bunch of animals running freely.

rainbowberry said:
One of your answers in Q4. is right and it's not 2.

how can it be wrong ? you ask a question that has multiple answers to the question, just because they dont match your answer they still can be right!
you can grab 2 socks from a pile in the dark & match - its called luck ;)
you can grab 3 socks also & get 2 that match
you can also grab 4 socks to get 2 that match

its almost like saying what colors do yellow & blue make ? you may say green but I can just say no its wrong its purple :rolleyes:
I know that was a stupid example that doesnt even make sense but you're asking questions that can have multiple answers but you say, nope thats not the answer :rolleyes:

I meant for some of the questions in this thread we start using maths :) to try and work it out when often it's more of a trick question. I wasn't trying to make a reference to your age, actually I thought you were quite a bit older than me going by reading your posts(that's meant as a compliment). I did actually ask an 11 year old yesterday for the answers :oops:

chilehunter...they are putting something in your water there man. Check it out.
Have you tried using armadillo shells as a helmet to block the waves?

Noah should have swatted the mosquitoes for a start.

socks are a luxury item for posh ppl...you can fake them out of a dish cloth cut in half if needed for a job interview.

Aus aborigines had fires in their bark canaoes

if 11 was a racehorse. 22 was one too. If 11 won a race....

whats the 5 digit number to finish the rhyme?

Back