A Short Run of 'pain'

Well I've been dabbling with my sauce making for a little while & after passing 'not hot enough' & too complicated to make consistently & 'F* that, toss it' - I've hit on a recipe that has most who've tried it asking for more. The 'nerd pain'.

It's time for me to make a short run of 100 bottles.

1. Is that name too silly to put on a label? maybe pyro-nerd..or something else all together. -*I will be keeping the 'pain' bit for this specific sauce ;)* - I probably should be thinking about starting a brand now too. Any suggestions?

2. I've sourced 100 bottles & caps for a great price. Whats the go with labels...can I do them off my home printer and somehow stick them on or do I need something special. I was a printer/plate maker/touch up artist in one of my previous 92 career moves so give it to me straight.

3. I plan to start selling down at the local farmers markets alongside the Jam makers, this should be ok with any health regs...right? I'll have a range of pepper seedlings there to sell too at the same table.

4. When the brand name is worked out,I'm also going to need a brand logo & a specific label art for 'pain' - I'll throw that open to the many capable graphic artists & the artistic enthusiasts here when the details are sorted.

Any advice appreciated
I'll sign & number the first 20 bottles to share amongst the best responses & logo/label designs, along with a standard bottle to consume.

thanks

~bentalphanerd

bentalphanerd said:
Very true - I'm already feeling the twinge of what 'free' means when dealing with family members. I might back out of that idea & get the labels done on my own terms.

maybe you could save your free 'favour' for something else and use the stillmanz guy...

bentalphanerd said:
And there lies the true pain.:cool:
Clues:
12 ingredients all up,
1 fruit (not citrus or paw-paw or mango ;))
4 varieties of chilli
white vinegar
so thats half the recipe

one of the tastiest sauces I've ever had!

bentalphanerd said:
Scored my 108 bottles & caps today. The sauce has melded into the desired flavor well but seems to be a bit down on heat (have to eat more to sweat) - I'll try an experiment on a cup or two tomorrow - throw some asian birseye in see if I can't give it a bit more kick.
No sign of any artwork yet - it may wind up being a no-label sauce, I'm hoping to start passing them out by end of next week.
Maybe I could just write 'pain' on the bottle with a permanent felt pen?

Pain skins!?

btw, if I find out you hand delivered a bottle to Omri and I get Australia Post I'll be a tad disappointed!

chilliman64 said:
maybe you could save your free 'favour' for something else and use the stillmanz guy...

That is now exactly what will happen now.

chilliman64 said:
one of the tastiest sauces I've ever had!

Thanks, that means a lot from a world wide sauce eating connoisseur such as yourself. The new batch has a little 'sharper' heat. I figure it's an 8 or 9 out of 10.

chilliman64 said:
btw, if I find out you hand delivered a bottle to Omri and I get Australia Post I'll be a tad disappointed!

Lol - depends which way I turn when I come out the driveway.

Mrs OL' Man Stillmanz is keen to help you get your labels formated when the art and info is ready I have pmd you regarding finer details. I'm excited and ready to roll on this when you are.
LOve that sauce man had some on grilled fish tonight with a splash of coconut cream
Mick

Just had some on some mini spring rolls as a dipping sauce. I think I underestimated the heat on this sauce.
Its absolutely delish and has a VERY real heat. I really like this stuff.

Mick

stillmanz said:
Mrs OL' Man Stillmanz is keen to help you get your labels formated when the art and info is ready I have pmd you regarding finer details. I'm excited and ready to roll on this when you are.

Fantastic mate, that will be a great help. I have to get this all finalized this week. Will be in touch.

stillmanz said:
Just had some on some mini spring rolls as a dipping sauce. I think I underestimated the heat on this sauce.
Its absolutely delish and has a VERY real heat. I really like this stuff.

Ahh yes, the more you eat the hotter it gets...Did you get the sweats?

It did build up, a real creeper. By that stage of the evening I had had a few ales and basically I dosed myself...picture me pacing the loungeroom red sweaty face sucking air like a marathon runner. Magic sauce.

stillmanz said:
It did build up, a real creeper. By that stage of the evening I had had a few ales and basically I dosed myself...picture me pacing the loungeroom red sweaty face sucking air like a marathon runner. Magic sauce.

My house mate decided after several beers on Sat. night that he would see how far it goes. He poured 1/5 of a bottle on some cold lasagna. after some colorful language, 5 minutes of huffing & puffing & pacing he grabbed a loaf of bread & 2 beers & disappeared into the yard for an hour.
:mouthonfire:

Back