A Short Run of 'pain'

Well I've been dabbling with my sauce making for a little while & after passing 'not hot enough' & too complicated to make consistently & 'F* that, toss it' - I've hit on a recipe that has most who've tried it asking for more. The 'nerd pain'.

It's time for me to make a short run of 100 bottles.

1. Is that name too silly to put on a label? maybe pyro-nerd..or something else all together. -*I will be keeping the 'pain' bit for this specific sauce ;)* - I probably should be thinking about starting a brand now too. Any suggestions?

2. I've sourced 100 bottles & caps for a great price. Whats the go with labels...can I do them off my home printer and somehow stick them on or do I need something special. I was a printer/plate maker/touch up artist in one of my previous 92 career moves so give it to me straight.

3. I plan to start selling down at the local farmers markets alongside the Jam makers, this should be ok with any health regs...right? I'll have a range of pepper seedlings there to sell too at the same table.

4. When the brand name is worked out,I'm also going to need a brand logo & a specific label art for 'pain' - I'll throw that open to the many capable graphic artists & the artistic enthusiasts here when the details are sorted.

Any advice appreciated
I'll sign & number the first 20 bottles to share amongst the best responses & logo/label designs, along with a standard bottle to consume.

thanks

~bentalphanerd

Mmmm - I have that very distinctive 'pain' aroma permeating the whole house right now. I couldn't get any more Savinas so I'm using Orange Habs. Doesn't seem to have lost anything in the flavor.
Now I have to leave it steep for a few days so the cinnamon infuses before pushing it all through the sieve.
Meanwhile I think I'll just stand near the pot & inhale....& a little more taste testing couldn't hurt {much}. :onfire:

I know someone who can print quite cheaply.... same quality as my bottles just requires jpeg file gloss finish no run in fridge... If your interested give me an email mate if I can give you a hand.
Mick

stillmanz said:
I know someone who can print quite cheaply.... same quality as my bottles just requires jpeg file gloss finish no run in fridge... If your interested give me an email mate if I can give you a hand.
Mick

Thanks stillmanz I'll head your way if the current offer turns sour.

So, I was in the breakroom having lunch {spicey chicken pilau)when in comes Warren. He rummaged through the 'fridge for a minute, then he looked at me over his shoulder. "Did you take that hot sauce home?"

"Yes," I said dryly, "I was afraid people wold help themselves and use it all up."

He grinned and said,"Some people have no manners."

chilliman64 said:
free is hard to beat - but remember bent, you only get what you pay for!!!

Very true - I'm already feeling the twinge of what 'free' means when dealing with family members. I might back out of that idea & get the labels done on my own terms.

Scored my 108 bottles & caps today. The sauce has melded into the desired flavor well but seems to be a bit down on heat (have to eat more to sweat) - I'll try an experiment on a cup or two tomorrow - throw some asian birseye in see if I can't give it a bit more kick.
No sign of any artwork yet - it may wind up being a no-label sauce, I'm hoping to start passing them out by end of next week.
Maybe I could just write 'pain' on the bottle with a permanent felt pen?

I got my bottle of Pain tonight personally delivered in the nerd-mobile. Its very good, complex asian flavours thrown on there head by a blend of chillis from around the world. Im very impressed and still wondering where all the flavours come from.

Mick

stillmanz said:
still wondering where all the flavours come from.

And there lies the true pain.:cool:
Clues:
12 ingredients all up,
1 fruit (not citrus or paw-paw or mango ;))
4 varieties of chilli
white vinegar
so thats half the recipe :P

Thanks for the beer & good company mate :cheers:

Omri said:
o0o... gimme. :D

It will cost a pretty penny to post Omri - I'll be checking out some postage options next week and will let you know.
When I have all the details I'll start another thread down in the Marketing section (since it'll be business stuff).

Back