• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

A Virgin Bottle of "10"

What should I do? {10 day poll}

• Drink it neat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dip Chips in it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In my recent travels I've been gifted a bottle of CaJohns Fiery Foods Co. 10th anniversary, signed, bottle number 43 of 600.

What should I do?

i've never had it myself..i have noticed several of you recommend the stuff, so it is certainly on my list to try.

LUCKYDOG said:
Id have on everything and I voted roasted beast -- can you get another or do you collect bottles?

It was a gift, unlikely I'll see another. I like collecting sauces to consume - have about 30 unfinished bottles in the fridge and a few of my own concoctions. The "10" is the only unopened bottle I have aside from a few locally made sauces I've stashed away for gifts to others.
I only received it because the original owner couldn't eat it (and because i'm such a great guy :lol: ) So it must be done.

As a collector, I always try to buy two...one for the shelf on the wall, one for the shelf in the fridge. I don't know how or why I started collecting sauces....I just do. I enjoy the collecting and the consuming. As my wife says, there are alot worse hobbies I could have...

Well, I don't like the choices.

Burgers seem a waste, as does not opening the bottle. And, do you really want to see it spat back on the plate and into napkins by the heathen savag^^^^relatives? Since it was a gift, you really should enjoy it yourself and not hand it off to a charity.

Does "roasted beast" cover a specific beast or just a slab o' meat on the grill? You could, you know, dip chips in a bit while you're busy grilling and cross off two items on your list.

I know what you mean...I'm being a wuss. Normally there's no problem, crack it open & enjoy...it's just such a nice bottle and its been signed and all.....Its a bit like a work of art. Still I know the real artwork is on the inside of the bottle and at the end of this Poll I'll be guzzling it.

What Poll choice would you add if you could Pam?

For "beast" I was thinking of a slow oven roasted lamb with a pile of fresh dill, mint & rosemary. {Read: saving up for a new bbq grill}

Another favorite I have for putting all kinds of sauce on is Lasagna ...I think that fits in to 'Pizza/Spaghetti/Nachos/etc.'

I voted for pizza etc. Because you can use it on every thing with the etc.
for sure on the beast.Like Pam said it was a gift enjoy.
Dan

LET IT BURN

bowhunter said:
I voted for pizza

I actually had a dream last night where I cooked a nachos pizza, had corn chips and crust and all the trimmings. benefits of both...I can't stop thinking about how to make it. I'll need to start another thread elsewhere for that.

What would your dream pizza have on it to smother with "10" bowhunter?

Dream pizza prosciutto,capicola,genoa salami,Gorgonzala cheese, Italian sausage and mushrooms with as much"10" as you can handle, better on a white crust or not.
Dan

LET IT BURN

bentalphanerd said:
What Poll choice would you add if you could Pam?

"Wings"

"All of the above"

For "beast" I was thinking of a slow oven roasted lamb with a pile of fresh dill, mint & rosemary.

Dang, that sounds good *without* the hot sauce!

Another favorite I have for putting all kinds of sauce on is Lasagna ...I think that fits in to 'Pizza/Spaghetti/Nachos/etc.'

I'm not real crazy about hot sauces in Italian pasta dishes. I like tasting the fresh basils and oregano, and I think most hot sauces would smother those tastes.

bentalphanerd said:
It was a gift, unlikely I'll see another...I only received it because the original owner couldn't eat it (and because i'm such a great guy :rolleyes: ) So it must be done.

why couldn't the original owner eat it? what a wuss!

I had a couple of ham and tomato rolls for lunch absolutely smothered with '10'. it burnt the crap outta me and I loved it!

chilliman64 said:
why couldn't the original owner eat it? what a wuss!

I agree, was something about the smell emanating from his body after he ate the stuff and how it conflicted with his significant other.

I had a couple of ham and tomato rolls for lunch absolutely smothered with '10'. it burnt the crap outta me and I loved it!

I'm aching to try it now....2 more days of this poll & it's guzzle time.:hell:

You picked bbq burger right?

bentalphanerd said:
Pam aside from wings, what do/would you eat hot sauce with?

I love cooking on the grill, and a good hot sauce goes with just about everything on the grill. Especially this time of year, when the heat and humidity of summer finally let go and the nights turn cool. I love grilling a nice pork tenderloin marinated in a rosemary and garlic flavored olive oil and slathered with a kick ass hot sauce, one hot enough to leave a good tingly burn through a couple of thick, dark porters.

During the week, when I'm working, I like one pot meals or a quick stir fry. A good hot sauce can go a long way toward rescuing one of them from boredom, and I can dump the leftovers over a salad for lunch the next day.

bentalphanerd said:
I agree, was something about the smell emanating from his body after he ate the stuff and how it conflicted with his significant other.

oh yeah, now I remember...

bentalphanerd said:
I'm aching to try it now....2 more days of this poll & it's guzzle time.:)

You picked bbq burger right?

yep, right again! it'd probably work a treat on Daddy Burgers. when I assisted you with your grilling at Byron I accidentally flicked some of the meat pattie onto my joggers which left a meaty bbq stain on the laces - another reason for chilliwoman to go off at me :cool:

chilliman64 said:
when I assisted you with your grilling at Byron I accidentally flicked some of the meat pattie onto my joggers which left a meaty bbq stain on the laces - another reason for chilliwoman to go off at me :mouthonfire:

Always in the shite, only the depth varies :P Thats the first thing I notice about a person, do they have grubby shoelaces? :lol:
Hopefully next time you'll be able to hang around and get a good coating down the front of your shirt too.

Back