"A Weber like never before."

The Hot Pepper said:
The more I look at the grill, the more I think... hmm okay so they didn't go kamado, they went "upgraded kettle with kamado look," and all that can be done on this can be done on the kettle. For a LOT cheaper.

Putting a high-flow vent and double-walling the shell doesn't make it a kamado ...

I call my Akorn a fauxmado, and they should just ... not ...

There's too little kamado there to use the word ... and they did ... one of the advertisements used the word, which I think is kind of BS ...

I love them, but I'll need to be convinced that puppy can justify it's cost versus alternatives in that price range ...

I'm surprised they didn't run a TV campaign... during games... they relied on a viral campaign but I know it missed a lot of the demographics they wanted to target, a lot of hardcore backyard grillers that don't go near FB or twitter etc.

This could be the Waterworld of grills... lol......

i'm sorry but I have a double walled steel kamado grill by akorn I bought shipped to my house for only $320. there is no flippin way that grill is worth more than a ceramic kamado grill. you are paying for a name. the WSM is worth every penny but not this thing. good luck weber.

And if I was going to spend over 1k on any grill it would not doubt be this one the kamado xl below

http://www.bbqguys.com/item_item_2870808.html?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=shopping-campaign&utm_term=2870808&kpid=2870808&gclid=CKPv8MPW_MsCFZQbgQodg4MDvA

Funny that we both have Akorn's, and want the same brand/model next ...

My buddy downunder (not a member here, a programmer friend) got one a year or two ago - LOVES IT!

Will be looking at one of these when we go to costco today.  $900 AUS for a 24 inch kamado seems like a better deal than weber's latest offering.  Having been mulling between kamado and WSM for a few months now but pizza and bread on the kamado have tipped me in the ceramics direction.  

The new weber pricing is hilarious.  I expect heavy discounting for these in the christmas sales..

grantmichaels said:
Funny that we both have Akorn's, and want the same brand/model next ...

My buddy downunder (not a member here, a programmer friend) got one a year or two ago - LOVES IT!

SavinaRed said:
its the schnizzle

I was eyeing these off too. Smaller, but we usually only cook for 2 so a good size for us.  Haven't been able to find much about using them in cooler weather though.

No idea, have just seen a lot of cooks off one, and they are exceedingly well-suited for two-zone - which is what it comes down to at day's end ... I think, anyways ...

Bumper said:
Will be looking at one of these when we go to costco today.  $900 AUS for a 24 inch kamado seems like a better deal than weber's latest offering.  Having been mulling between kamado and WSM for a few months now but pizza and bread on the kamado have tipped me in the ceramics direction.  

The new weber pricing is hilarious.  I expect heavy discounting for these in the christmas sales..

I was eyeing these off too. Smaller, but we usually only cook for 2 so a good size for us.  Haven't been able to find much about using them in cooler weather though.
Last winter in November I saw the Primo Oval JR on clearance for only $399 and I passed on it at my local orchard hardware store. I'm kicking myself now for not pulling the trigger on that kamado grill.  

Back