"A Weber like never before."

I always have had CI grates and I need a new grill, not going big, don't want to smoke really this summer... thinking going small, the Smokey Joe, with CI grates that cost more than the grill ($45) lol... I just want to cook some fast meals like fish etc...

I've only owned 2 grills in the past 10-15 years. It's not a grill quality issue so much as a care issue. I don't cover them or clean the shit off the heat sheilds. I just bake it off and leave them out in the elements all year.

CfPKwfYW4AAmzpr.jpg

FreeportBum said:
If I had money to just piss away I would grab one just for fun. 

Cheers 

I'd consider replacing the Akorn with it years down the line, but I'm hopeful that I'll be replacing that w/ a ceramic when that time comes ...

I imagine it's a decent grill, but it falls FAR SHORT of running a hype campaign for it in my opinion ...

FreeportBum said:
I bet this thing cooks a pizza like a mofo if you can get the bottom stone dialed in

It's the Akorn without the insulation ... the Akorn has asbetos/fiberglass like packing in the space between the inner and outer shells ...

I'm a Weber fan, but this is not exciting ...

I mostly don't mind the grill, and do mind the let-down from the crazy hold-the-line style hype campaign - FOR THAT ...
Haha ... just saw the FireCraft price of like $1550 too ... hael no!

grantmichaels said:

It's the Akorn without the insulation ... the Akorn has asbetos/fiberglass like packing in the space between the inner and outer shells ...

I'm a Weber fan, but this is not exciting ...

I mostly don't mind the grill, and do mind the let-down from the crazy hold-the-line style hype campaign - FOR THAT ...

Haha ... just saw the FireCraft price of like $1550 too ... hael no!
I agree. I like the inside of the lid- looks like it would act like a baking steel and radiate the heat down well for a good cook on top of pie. If this was $600 like mentioned above I would have one sitting next to all my other webers. 

JoynersHotPeppers said:
What does that mean, I mean my Genesis has one but is gas :) That is charcoal so what feeds it?
I'm guessing those little coleman bottles

Scoville DeVille said:
With Charcoal?

Maybe look into a Charcoal Microwave. I hear they are 7X faster than just a charcoal grill. :lol:

Yes charcoal. It can cook food fast has been doing so since... fire.

grantmichaels said:
To even justify $600-700, it would have to have a proven track-record of cooking well and being durable ... no doubt, it probably well, but it hasn't yet ...

I mean, you can have a Yoder for a bit more: http://www.yodersmokers.com/cheyenne.html

I'll take that Yoder ...
That's sweet but I would like to see you cook a pizza on that^^  I'm only talking pizza. Anything else I can do on my standard weber's with no worries. Same with the egg, I would only purchase for pizza. But that's just me. i'm still on a mission to make a pic1 pie  :cheers:

Back