• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

AeroGro hydroponics shop indoor grow

I have ordered the new carolina reaper from Pepper Joe and thought I would start a grow log.

Since I'm waiting to recieve the seeds and germinate them, I will show everyone the peppers I currently have growing.

IShU7.jpg

From left 2x banana; 2x TSBT; 1 Yellow Bhut; 2x Naga; 2x banana ( seeds from Pepper Joe)
JpDPb.jpg

TSBT; Yellow Bhut; 2x Naga

The next plants were started from seeds given to me by a customer.
UN7ac.jpg

Don't remember how old they were in this pic.

Here are some pics of these guys around 3 months.
gk1QG.jpg
w4COC.jpg
ZBsRm.jpg
X0j12.jpg

I'm new to growing peppers, so I have no idea what types of peppers these are lol.

If anyone lives near Champaign, IL I will have extra seedlings and pods (when they're ready) for free.

Thanks for looking.

Scott

Condolences on the loss of your Grandfather.

Those plants are beautiful. I think it's safe to say that particular Reaper isn't going to produce pods like the advertised images. To me they look like plain old red Habanero's, wonder if you had a wrong seed in your packet of Reapers. Have you planted any other seeds from the same pack?

How man Bhuts did you put in with the Italian beef? Warm things up a little did it?

Thanks for the kind words everyone, these guys are getting way to big lol.
Condolences on the loss of your Grandfather.

Those plants are beautiful. I think it's safe to say that particular Reaper isn't going to produce pods like the advertised images. To me they look like plain old red Habanero's, wonder if you had a wrong seed in your packet of Reapers. Have you planted any other seeds from the same pack?

How man Bhuts did you put in with the Italian beef? Warm things up a little did it?
I put 3 bhuts in there I think and it wasn't that bad, but quite a bit hotter than I usually make it.

I'm not sure what this pepper is lol. It is hotter than the bhuts and any hab I ever tried.

I can send some pods out next week, maybe someone who has more experience would like to try them and weigh in on what they might be.

Edit: I did give away 5 plants from the same seed pack. 1 I gave to the university in DWC that was flowering, but I don't remember seeing any pods. I gave 4 small plants to a fellow member when they were a few weeks old. I haven't heard from him in a while so I'm not sure if any of the plants got pods like the promo pics.

Your "reapers" are the healthiest plants I have seen so far. You did what you could.

Get some primo seeds next, they are an awesome pod.

Thanks armac!

I had a student from the school come in today with peppers off the plants I gave them.

Cayenne & 7pot
wNCRGsv.jpg

4Dp5wPC.jpg

l70gOaT.jpg

I asked him about the reaper and he said the pods they have look like the "bhut" looking reaper in the 1st pic of google image search. He is going to bring me some pods when there ready and I'll post some pics when I get them.

DesertChris said:
Did you ever see any pods from the other Reaper plants that you gave away?
I am super curious about whether they grew the same as your plant you kept.
Here is the blurry photo of the first pod from the reaper plant I grew from the seeds of Lock's pod. I'll take a picture with a better camera when the pod gets a bit bigger.

Edit: Oh yeah, the picture:
siOMWb8.jpg

Lock grew tremendous plants, but the seeds he had were not ever going to throw the rough bumpy reaper, his were always gong to be the smooth  hab type. he did all that was possible.

Kind of forgot about this thread. We moved locations in Feb. and these plants were just too big to move. Here are the pictures of what they looked like at the end. 

These were taken 2/6/13 plants were 5-6 months old.
8j8z87D.jpg

OcB1uVk.jpg

tEfY5cL.jpg

KM5NCrS.jpg

1CqbRYk.jpg

ebjn3IB.jpg

Was a sad day when I cut them down. 

My nephew ended up taking most of the pods and sharing them with his friends. I saw a few videos, everyone spit out the reaper lol.

I did end up seeing another plants pods and they had bumpy texture but had no tail and looked more like a bhut than the hab looking ones I got. 

Yeah it was very sad when they wouldn't fit in the truck. The immature pods on those 2 plants filled up 4 ziplock gallon bags, I did get about 1 bag of ripe pods between the 2 plants.

Back