• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

AeroGro hydroponics shop indoor grow

I have ordered the new carolina reaper from Pepper Joe and thought I would start a grow log.

Since I'm waiting to recieve the seeds and germinate them, I will show everyone the peppers I currently have growing.

IShU7.jpg

From left 2x banana; 2x TSBT; 1 Yellow Bhut; 2x Naga; 2x banana ( seeds from Pepper Joe)
JpDPb.jpg

TSBT; Yellow Bhut; 2x Naga

The next plants were started from seeds given to me by a customer.
UN7ac.jpg

Don't remember how old they were in this pic.

Here are some pics of these guys around 3 months.
gk1QG.jpg
w4COC.jpg
ZBsRm.jpg
X0j12.jpg

I'm new to growing peppers, so I have no idea what types of peppers these are lol.

If anyone lives near Champaign, IL I will have extra seedlings and pods (when they're ready) for free.

Thanks for looking.

Scott

clone some off of it, and don't let them become gigantic this time... LOL.

Or you could have root pruned 50% of the roots, and 50% of the top and it would recover in a few weeks probably.

I chopped down one of mine in hydro and when I started feeding again it exploded with growth and had an amazing root ball, and grew like a weed.

I'm planning on doing it with mine and twigging them down and letting them grow short bushy to get some yield year round.

So I got rid of the other plants today. I moved the bhut into the tent.
fYcuY.jpg

I left the reaper under the T5. My dumb ass tried to raise the T5 a little and while I was adjusting one side the light slipped and fell right on the plant. I was extremely pissed at myself. I guess it was a good thing the plant broke its fall cause a broken light would have made it a really bad day.
OeP1v.jpg

You can see the back left got it the worst, a few of the bigger branches just bent and didn't snap or it would be a lot worse.

yhSHI.jpg

Here are the bigger pods that were on the branch that broke off.
j7m1K.jpg

bdIxn.jpg

Sad day at the hydro shop.

Edit: found some more pods when I was sweeping up.
HHIRf.jpg

I need to thank armac for suggesting I find this thread.

Lock you have grown some of the healthiest looking plants I've seen around here, congrats. I wish I would have found this thread earlier. Watching the development of that Yellow Bhut Jolokia was exciting. Such a pepper geek I am.

Rest assured I will be a regular follower from here on out. Oh, don't worry about the broken branches. Peppers are some of the toughest in the plant kingdom and with your skills I'm sure it will recover and do quite well.

Lock, I'd like to get a sample pack of AN ph Perfect before investing. I'm sure, as a supplier, you know the best way to do so, any suggestions?

You know I have never seen samples from Advanced nutrients. I doubt that you will be able to find samples outside of gardening expos where they have a booth.

The smallest bottles they have are 1 liters which run you around 30$ for the 2 part bloom or grow.

Thanks. I'll look into that after tue new year. I tested my water and got 38ppm off the tap and 8ppm out of the water filter we keep in the fridge, so I'm eager to try the ph perfect line out.

dang youre plants are looking good! i want to do a small indoor setup,i have a small wall closet i want to turn into a grow spot . not hydro just indoors,lights and what not. what would you recomend to get me started?

How big is your space? I'm using a 250w HPS in a 2x3x5 vent. You're going to need a way to exhaust hot air, and draw in cooler air, or you'll burn your plants up. Flourescents will help with keeping the temps down, so that's something to look at too.

wooh its sounding complicated,lol. enough space for like 3 plants. the closet is more like a hutch that i can open . if that makes any sense?

Indoor growing isn't complicated at all, especially if you're not going to go hydro. The main thing you need to take care of is light. You don't need to spend a fortune to cover a small area like a closet. As for cooling keep a door cracked open and use a fan. There is a forum for light suggestions and plenty of folks with great advice who are happy to share.

Lock did I read this right and you're only using T5's on these?

The bhut in the tent looks like it's under HPS...400w if I recall. The reaper is under t5 for sure.

Those t5 sure do put out some light huh? Someday when I have the proper scratch, im gonna pick one up.

Indoor growing isn't complicated at all, especially if you're not going to go hydro. The main thing you need to take care of is light. You don't need to spend a fortune to cover a small area like a closet. As for cooling keep a door cracked open and use a fan. There is a forum for light suggestions and plenty of folks with great advice who are happy to share.

Lock did I read this right and you're only using T5's on these?
Yeah they were both grown under t5, but it is a high end t5 that uses 95watt bulbs instead of the standard 54 watt. I also used 4 blue spectrum and 4 red spectrum bulbs. I just moved the Bhut under the 400 watt hps about a week or 2 ago.

Sicman what Patrick said was good advise, your heat is gonna be the biggest issue. I would paint the walls of the closet a flat white, it's cheaper than mylar or b&w poly (panda film) and when it gets dirty you can just repaint it.

Any color yet?
Not yet and I'm getting impatient lol.

Once again, I have to give you alot of credit...the plants are full looking with density throughout the canopy.

Back