• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

AeroGro hydroponics shop indoor grow

I have ordered the new carolina reaper from Pepper Joe and thought I would start a grow log.

Since I'm waiting to recieve the seeds and germinate them, I will show everyone the peppers I currently have growing.

IShU7.jpg

From left 2x banana; 2x TSBT; 1 Yellow Bhut; 2x Naga; 2x banana ( seeds from Pepper Joe)
JpDPb.jpg

TSBT; Yellow Bhut; 2x Naga

The next plants were started from seeds given to me by a customer.
UN7ac.jpg

Don't remember how old they were in this pic.

Here are some pics of these guys around 3 months.
gk1QG.jpg
w4COC.jpg
ZBsRm.jpg
X0j12.jpg

I'm new to growing peppers, so I have no idea what types of peppers these are lol.

If anyone lives near Champaign, IL I will have extra seedlings and pods (when they're ready) for free.

Thanks for looking.

Scott

Once again, I have to give you alot of credit...the plants are full looking with density throughout the canopy.
Thanks for the kind words! The Bhut is just a beast of a plant, most of my customers think it is fake the 1st time they see it.

Hey Lock...are you using the Advanced Sensi Grow exclusively for your hydro plants? If so any +/- 's compared to Gen Hydro Flora series?
I have used the 3 part Flora series before while it works it is my least favorite along with fox farms nutrients. I always had deficiencies using GH (mainly calcium) and would have to use a lot of ph up. The salt build up was also really bad, I'm not sure if it affected the plants but it always bugged me with the amount of salt build up it left behind. I think the GH nova series is a way better product.

I think people tend to use GH for the cost. If you calculate the extra cost of PH correction and cal mag supplement you will spend way more than going with the advanced base. Also GH is really watered down so you tend to use more per gallon than with other nutrient lines.

Sorry it took me a while to respond. My grandfather fell and broke his hip on Christmas eve, he had surgery on Christmas which he didn't make it through he was 94. The funeral was held over the weekend so my plants haven't been getting feed as much as they should.

I still have no ripe pods on the Reaper, I think it should be any day now since my Bhut has started to give me some ripe pods and the both started to pod up in the same week.

Pics of the Reaper.
aNHUu.jpg

ZNZbx.jpg

JqYAj.jpg

PrNyv.jpg

Here is the Bhut.
5fb4T.jpg

WaDWj.jpg

1kOKT.jpg

This guy showed up over the weekend.
Xg1yv.jpg

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!
Scott

Thanks for the kind words! The Bhut is just a beast of a plant, most of my customers think it is fake the 1st time they see it.

I have used the 3 part Flora series before while it works it is my least favorite along with fox farms nutrients. I always had deficiencies using GH (mainly calcium) and would have to use a lot of ph up. The salt build up was also really bad, I'm not sure if it affected the plants but it always bugged me with the amount of salt build up it left behind. I think the GH nova series is a way better product.

I think people tend to use GH for the cost. If you calculate the extra cost of PH correction and cal mag supplement you will spend way more than going with the advanced base. Also GH is really watered down so you tend to use more per gallon than with other nutrient lines.

Sorry it took me a while to respond. My grandfather fell and broke his hip on Christmas eve, he had surgery on Christmas which he didn't make it through he was 94. The funeral was held over the weekend so my plants haven't been getting feed as much as they should.

I still have no ripe pods on the Reaper, I think it should be any day now since my Bhut has started to give me some ripe pods and the both started to pod up in the same week.

Pics of the Reaper.
aNHUu.jpg

ZNZbx.jpg

JqYAj.jpg

PrNyv.jpg

Here is the Bhut.
5fb4T.jpg

WaDWj.jpg

1kOKT.jpg

This guy showed up over the weekend.
Xg1yv.jpg

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!
Scott

How can you tell there is too much salt build up? I guess that is why GH recommends Florikleen every 4 weeks or every 4 nut changes?

It looks like white crusty residue, it will probably be noticeable around the water line in the bucket or on the clay pellets if you are using dwc. I don't think it really affects the plants to much as all nutrient lines leave it behind I just notice a lot more left behind in the 3 part.

My Bhut has been producing ripe pods for the last week and they are tasty. I slow cooked some Italian beef last night and threw in a couple pods.
There is beef in there somewhere.
YLFSe.jpg

Here are the plant pics.
7qmho.jpg

ivJUs.jpg

8ZloV.jpg

Here is the Reaper.
lwlz2.jpg

2uszz.jpg

BYPAa.jpg

After 4 months I got one to start to ripen.
6MkFx.jpg

This little guy was tough to spot, he is about a 1/4 of the size of the majority of pods on the plant.

I have not seen one stinger on any of the pods. I also have no idea why that small pod has started to turn when there are around 100 that are larger.

I used to get small pods that ripened because they were missing a nutrient.

I upped my bloom formula when mine happened and it helped and fruit exploded and got larger.

I used to get small pods that ripened because they were missing a nutrient.

I upped my bloom formula when mine happened and it helped and fruit exploded and got larger.
That makes sense, I thought I was seeing a little fert burn so I cut back a little on the nutes the last week or so. I will go back to full strength and hopefully no more small will ripen before they have a chance to get bigger.

Those plants are impressively massively AWESOME!
lock very impressive! What size container is the bhut and reaper in?

Thanks guys! Both the plants are in 5 gallon containers.

A few of the bigger pods started to show color overnight. My phone is low on battery so when it charges I will take some pics and post them.

I have question, what is the best way to send just a couple pods thru the mail?

Edit: Here is the pic.
ZvzBP.jpg

Your plants are phenomenal. You have a green thumb for sure. The reaper plant is so pretty even if the pods dont look like what we thought they would look like.

Your plants are phenomenal. You have a green thumb for sure. The reaper plant is so pretty even if the pods dont look like what we thought they would look like.
Thanks Sanarda! It is a beautiful plant to look at and the pods made a tasty addition to my chili.

SFRB is $5.35 to send in my area. People have sent them to me in bubble envelopes too. Just put some extra padding in.
Thank you sir, I will make sure to send you some out with the next round that ripen up.

I did get the packages sent out, so hopefully they will arrive by the weekend. I know I had asked some of you if you wanted me to throw in some bhuts, but I only had one ripe at the time of mailing. I'm not sure who got it, if you would still likes some I will send out some when they ripen up.

Here is a pic of the plant from yesterday before I took the pods off.
rgsNo.jpg

Em5Yo.jpg

Ni3Cc.jpg

0orYl.jpg

The photos of them off the plant (same as the pic in the other thread).
59ovw.jpg

I do think these pods will turn red given the chance, I guess we will see if they change colors by the time people receive them.

Funny thing about me and photoshop, every time I try to edit in photoshop I want to break my computer.... I just can't figure out or have the patience to learn photoshop.
I use Photoshop Elements, a much scaled down version of Photoshop CS.
It's fairly easy to use and certainly robust enough for the average photographer.
It has features I never use, but isn't too hard to learn.

I use Photoshop Elements, a much scaled down version of Photoshop CS.
It's fairly easy to use and certainly robust enough for the average photographer.
It has features I never use, but isn't too hard to learn.

Thanks for the info, I will check it out.

I have been neglecting this glog for a little while, so I thought I would update with some pics. I think these plants are starting to get root bound and I don't have any pots larger to put them in. Hopefully they will do well enough in the next couple months so I can get them outside.

Here they are.
0j48Iyn.jpg

paLbjXP.jpg

0Y35tIe.jpg

These 2 pods are forming closest to the light, so if temp makes a difference in pods these 2 are probably get a good 5-10 degrees warmer than the ones below the canopy.

woR5P8Y.jpg

Next plant.
8TV3cIq.jpg

ad5ADn7.jpg

fslPOrY.jpg

IJKpHkm.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Awesome plants!
Amazing what can grow in a small container!

Back