• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Ají Charapita Growdown Throwdown 2024

Do you have what it takes to be crowned the Growdown Throwdown King or Queen in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My two cents.. it's very funny to watch this contest, not the drama. I think the flaw by design is that in a fair game a player cannot be the croupier at the same time. Each participant should have had only 6 dried berries, to have more or less the same chance of selecting the most viable seedling. To get everyone to agree, the objective could be: will anyone manage to beat the dealer? This is the real challenge! :) This way, the match will be fun and challenging for everyone anyway.
dafuq is you?

5 days ago I took out a small part of the seeds with the vermiculite layer and soaked them for 3 hours in a biostimulant, CropMax, after which I left them to germinate in the vermiculite.
From those seeds, this frail shoot appeared today, 23 days after sowing. :dance:

20240416_200348.jpg

Impressiv background, go big or go home 😂

That's just plastic plants to look impressive.

How many plants you got going over there Pepper-Guru? All outside?

:lol: Too many. Correcting major mistakes requires major work.

I think some seeds are sending roots... fingers crossed i have some green in the next few days :)
20240421_154454.jpg

sown 84 on the 6 of april - first sprout on the 22 of april. (1/84)

edit:

helmet head 🥲 i did put a drop of water on it before going to work this morning.
20240422_054255.jpg

Lets GO!

Tease them a little deeper into the corners next time. They'll pull that seed hull off as they emerge.

GERMINATION RATE UPDATE:

Looking like up to 10% germination rate at the 25 day mark or so.

NO EXCUSES. Do you have what it takes? Have you tried diesel fuel yet?

:lol: Too many. Correcting major mistakes requires major work.

Lets GO!

Tease them a little deeper into the corners next time. They'll pull that seed hull off as they emerge.

GERMINATION RATE UPDATE:

Looking like up to 10% germination rate at the 25 day mark or so.

NO EXCUSES. Do you have what it takes? Have you tried diesel fuel yet?

Well it looks like all berries/fruits/pods or whatever you wanna call them are not created equal as after exactly 3 months today, nothing emerged yet🤷‍♂️
Capture d’écran 2024-04-05 101834.jpg

Last edited:
I did get the helmet of, just hope i didn't damage the seedling too much. seems a second one is sprouting... but i have the bad feeling its going to be a second helmet head .. damn unlucky me

Instead of that, simply sprinkle some loose airy medium ontop to slightly bury it, then water that in, it should help pull it off as it emerges from that new sprinkled layer of medium.

Back