• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

contest Ají Charapita Growdown Throwdown 2024

Do you have what it takes to be crowned the Growdown Throwdown King or Queen in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When did you harvest these pods?
That’s the least important part of the equation, so long as proper storage methods are utilized. To this day, CP continues to pull 20+ year old seed out of proper storage and has nearly 100% germination. This bag however wasn’t properly stored. These seeds/berries were put away in 2020 but critical mistakes were made, so here we are, rescuing them in a mass sowing.

How would you be able to tell? What are the specific features that a charapita from Iquitos has? Just curious.
From just perusing their photos and the review photos, I can see the pods are just a bit funky. Close but funky. Morphology a bit off. Would definitely know once I saw the plant and was able to do a side by side. Once you get to know a plant and you’ve been isolating line selections of it for many years, things floating around being passed off as it but not quite right tend to stick out. Little details. Not saying their story about their staff finding it in a “Peruvian friends house” isn’t true, but let’s face it, Bakers gets stuff wrong all the time in their writeups and their genetics.

I grew the BC seed last season & got 3 nice plants with plenty of tasty pods.

1710530903439.png

Can we get an official roster for:

People who’ve been sent a pack ☑️

People who’ve received the pack ☑️

People who have gotten seeds wet and have successfully germinated them ☑️

Rate of germination ☑️

Actually bpost says that the sender of the package has to start the procedure to figure out where the package is. Not sure if it's all worth it...

Status like this since Feb 19th...

1000000445.jpg

Last edited:

Rate of germination ☑️
- Berries received, seeds counted and soaked on February 23
- Seeds sown on February 24
- No sign of germination to report to date

Actually bpost says that the sender of the package has to start the procedure to figure out where the package is. Not sure if it's all worth it...

Status like this since Feb 19th...

1000000445.jpg

tracking.jpg

This is all I can see.
Maybe customs didn't like the idea of whole pods being in the envelope..

Rate of germination ☑️

Yes
Yes
Yes and No
0/86

Planted 3/08 (11 days ago) - still early

I think there's movement on my side! I've had a note from the post office in my letterbox, I have to go and pay customs fees to pick up a letter or parcel. Since this is the only mail I'm expecting from abroad, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is it.

I think there's movement on my side! I've had a note from the post office in my letterbox, I have to go and pay customs fees to pick up a letter or parcel. Since this is the only mail I'm expecting from abroad, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is it.
Bill Murray Good Luck GIF by reactionseditor

False alert on my side, it was something from the uk 🥲 i forgot you had to pay taxe for this shit...

30 minutes ago I opened the mailbox and... :dance: :dance:
20240321_175112.jpg
Thanks Dean! Birthday card worked for me.

@Tinkerbelle , @MarcV, I can send the envelope to you tomorrow.
@Deadpouk , did you get the seeds? I can also send to you.
Anyone else from Europe?

If youre willing to send some seed my way, i would really appreciate :)

Back